trent dilfer has now changed his tune

-The Glove-

Reaction score
RichNhansom":2cwkncwu said:
I could care less what Dilfer has to say. He has been a Hawk hater since leaving Seattle. Maybe he didn't feel he got a fair shot but who cares. His prognostications have been littered with bias. Screw him and his opinion, as I see it any positive feedback he gives Seattle will always be forced and just temporary to save face. We know who he is. Screw him and his ignorant opinion.

From what I understand, he was pissed about how we handled Hasslebeck (I have no idea how we screwed him). Dilfer will always have Hass' back as its been said that Hass saved Dilfer's life when his kid died and he wanted to give up.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Dilfer is as useless as Kaepernick's 2nd read.

Evil_Shenanigans":3tl2q1gg said:
Dilfer is about as relevant as a playbook in Kaeps hand!

Donn2390

Reaction score
Kap knows he's good because he reads his clippings. Rather than study like Russ does, he spends his time kissing his bicep....
Didn't see a lot of kissing today...

OrFan

Reaction score
Screw Dilfer. He is one of those people who if he disappeared, nobody would ever notice, or care.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
w00t":3akni7b3 said:
RichNhansom":3akni7b3 said:
I could care less what Dilfer has to say. He has been a Hawk hater since leaving Seattle. Maybe he didn't feel he got a fair shot but who cares. His prognostications have been littered with bias. Screw him and his opinion, as I see it any positive feedback he gives Seattle will always be forced and just temporary to save face. We know who he is. Screw him and his ignorant opinion.

:13: :th2thumbs:

i still can't believe we let that guy raise the 12th man flag. :pukeface:

That is an absolute disgrace in my opinion. Hopefully it earns us some good karma points because I cannot think of anything besides what a bad choice he was to raise the flag.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3k6tj23d said:
RichNhansom":3k6tj23d said:

From what I understand, he was pissed about how we handled Hasslebeck (I have no idea how we screwed him). Dilfer will always have Hass' back as its been said that Hass saved Dilfer's life when his kid died and he wanted to give up.

Dilfer resigned with us only if named the starter and to that point Hass had not looked like he was ready to take it from him. Then Trent got injured and Matt stepped in and it was blatantly obvious he was ready and the much better QB. Dilfer felt snubbed that he lost his job to injury and has held it against Seattle ever since. Pretty stupid and selfish really when you consider he was soundly beat out but could only think of himself.

Which in reality makes sense because since leaving here he has acted exactly like a spoiled self entitled child.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I told you last week that Dilfer is no different than all the other kneejerk short memory armchair Monday morning analysts.

Russell struggles against the Rams and he's awful, Russell's great against Atlanta and now he's a top 5 QB again.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Donn2390":38d19gro said:
Kap knows he's good because he reads his clippings. Rather than study like Russ does, he spends his time kissing his bicep....

Did anybody else catch Mitchell Kaepernicking after he sacked him? I almost cried.

Regarding OP, Dilfer chose RW to Tate in the corner of the endzone as his "dime of the day". He's still a douche.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Donn2390":3938gjp3 said:

Panthers were kissing their biceps after they sacked him.

Always love when players make fun of the stupid bicep kiss.

Hawks46

Reaction score
brimsalabim":itld9kim said:
Heck Tom Jackson and the swami on ESPN treat RW pretty fair but they did also completely absolve Luck of his terrible game today. They said it was an aberration caused by the absence of Reggie Wayne. I'm pretty sure Russell hasn't given any of this a spare thought though.

That's funny; most analysts claim that a QB makes his WRs better, not the other way around. See: Brady, Tom. Manning, Peyton. Brees, Drew.

It's funny how when the media gets "their" guy, things start to get all twisted up. Don't get me wrong, Luck is a damned good QB and probably will be one of the best in the league, but saying he lost the game 38-6 or whatever it was because of Reggie Wayne being out is patently ridiculous.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
davidonmi":17oioawq said:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN 55m
Dilfer just now on ESPN: Take away Kaepernick's first read and he becomes "remedial" as a passer.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand
--------------------------------------
I thought the seahawks passing game was limited and the 49ers were only getting getting better, guess not
But seriously this guy is a joke

Trent is dead to me.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":33hj9kz9 said:
davidonmi":33hj9kz9 said:
Dilfer just now on ESPN: Take away Kaepernick's first read and he becomes "remedial" as a passer.
I thought the seahawks passing game was limited and the 49ers were only getting getting better, guess not

Trent is dead to me.

Did Sando just call Dilfer a joke? If I am reading that correctly, he is my new hero. Pretty rare when one media member openly calls out another for their ignorance but Sando is dead on the mark if I am reading it correctly.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Dilfer probably thinks he's the reason the Ravens won their first superbowl. They won in spite of him - it was their defense that carried them, not Trent Dilfer. He's the prototypical "game manager" QB. He couldn't carry a team to win like guys Matt H and Russ W did/do.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
RichNhansom":3n7osbp7 said:
ImTheScientist":3n7osbp7 said:
davidonmi":3n7osbp7 said:

Trent is dead to me.

Did Sando just call Dilfer a joke? If I am reading that correctly, he is my new hero. Pretty rare when one media member openly calls out another for their ignorance but Sando is dead on the mark if I am reading it correctly.

No, that was from the poster reposting the tweet.

I co-sign all of the Dilfer bashing in this thread.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Hawks46":uvr6rlsc said:
brimsalabim":uvr6rlsc said:
Heck Tom Jackson and the swami on ESPN treat RW pretty fair but they did also completely absolve Luck of his terrible game today. They said it was an aberration caused by the absence of Reggie Wayne. I'm pretty sure Russell hasn't given any of this a spare thought though.

That's funny; most analysts claim that a QB makes his WRs better, not the other way around. See: Brady, Tom. Manning, Peyton. Brees, Drew.

It's funny how when the media gets "their" guy, things start to get all twisted up. Don't get me wrong, Luck is a damned good QB and probably will be one of the best in the league, but saying he lost the game 38-6 or whatever it was because of Reggie Wayne being out is patently ridiculous.

I'd say in this case it was totally true. Wayne was to Luck what Sterling Sharpe was to a young Brett Favre. Wayne dominated Luck's production and he was clearly a guy who made plays for him. Wayne was a dominant part of Luck's success. Luck will need to grow as a QB now, which he's capable of doing. But it's not going to happen overnight.