Too early Arizona post

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":z64k95k3 said:
He won because Walsh was horrific and blew the game. Overrated coach, always has been.

Walsh blew it at the end, but I recall other stuff from that game that cost the Hawks the win
-Horrific first half. Typical of last year but Russ was under siege and no running game
-Considering who was at QB for Arizona they got points than I anticipated.
-Stupid taunting penalty Rawls took to move us out of FG range. I was already down on him but that moment sealed it for me on not wanting him back.
-RTP call, I think on Wagner that extended the game winning drive for the Cards. They would have punted without that.

I lay some of the blame on Pete to for the FG miss. It was 40+ yds IIRC. He's not the only coach who does this but drives me nuts as to how they played to set up that FG vs trying to move the ball closer.

I agree on Ariens being over-rated and a blow-hard imo. I also hated how he whined about Kam leaping over the line to block FGs and was a vocal part of that rule coming in. Just cause he had noone on his roster capable of doing that.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1eodrffn said:
I agree on Ariens being over-rated and a blow-hard imo. I also hated how he whined about Kam leaping over the line to block FGs and was a vocal part of that rule coming in. Just cause he had noone on his roster capable of doing that.

Definitely a blowhard, but overrated? I don't think so.

Ask any Card's fan, they'd love five year stretches of 49-30 records and playoff appearances........for a crap franchise that had only three winning seasons in 30 years of existence before he got there.

And he certainly had our number up here.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Overrated, just my opinion. Good coach, sure. Great coach? Absolutely not.
And Walsh missed an easy game winner. Hawks should have easily won that game. It had nothing to do with Arians nation. Shoot, like it was mentioned, that idiotic taunting from Rawls, who had done absolutely NOTHING all season.....that cost them a minimum of 3 more. Not that we could count on wide right Walsh. Same guy who missed 3 against the Skins. :roll:

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":iw53mnb7 said:
He won because Walsh was horrific and blew the game. Overrated coach, always has been.

He won because the Cardinals always come to Century Link, ugly the game up and give us fits. Happens every year

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Cardinals coming to Seattle is our version of what happens to the Patriots in Miami