This is classic! (RW related)

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":2jdr6jbn said:
I want to make myself clear.

I am in NO WAY attacking the OP.

But every time I see a post about how this entity or that team or this fan or that blog has something negative to say about Russell Wilson it makes me want to chew glass. Not because I am a diehard fan who cannot stomach constructive criticism, but because social media makes every idiot with a stupid opinion (regardless of how wrong it is) somehow relevant.

Look. We ALL know what we have in Russell Wilson. Why do we feel compelled to offer a link to every Tom, Dick and Dummy who wants to tear him down for whatever their reason or agenda?

Again, this is NOT an attack or to point the finger at the OP. I am speaking in generalities.

Maybe, just maybe we should spend less time linking to blogs/articles from people with agendas (professionally or not) and spend more time discussing relevant facts that we all now as 12's are based in reality.

Actually this is the whole problem, everyone botched the evaluation or Wilson, you used the analogy of chewing glass when you read something, imagine everytime he succeeds at anything or achieves an accomplishment these people all are passing Glass because they were so far off in what they thought he could be.

Shooting at Wilson like a target every time they get a chance till like a broken clock he has an off day so they can say they were right, even like a broken clock thats right twice a day and wrong the other 23 hours and 58 minutes.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Game Manager!! (Sound of Aros chewing glass)

chris98251

Reaction score
Game Manager is todays slogan, I prefer my generations slogan, Field General, they perform the same task but there is a different level of prestige with Field General. Tarkenton was a Field General, Montana was a Field General, todays analysts Walsh called him a Game Manager. So it really isn't a cut, it all depends on context. Much harder to use Field General in a negative light.

Game Manager positive : Takes what the defense gives him, utilizes all his weapons, able to play within himself, waits for a mistake of the defense and doesn't make one himself, able to get his team in the right formations and get the most out of them, student of the game.

Game Manager negative : Can't make all the throws but uses the short game and lets his players make yards after delivering the ball. Has limitations but plays within them, won't win it for you or able to take a team on his back, but won't lose it for you either. Average QB that can be a stop gap till you can get a Franchise player. Can win it for you with a team built around him, heady player.

You see most people don't even know what they are saying when they say it. If someone wants to call Wilson a Game Manager my thoughts are on the positive one.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Tom Brady was a game manager when new England was winning superbowls.

Every multiple-superbowl-winning quarterback in NFL history was a game manager. No high-yardage, high-scoring, pass-heavy offense has ever won multiple superbowls.

Coincidence?

OP
OP
Seahwkgal

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
HansGruber":1qrscs68 said:
Tom Brady was a game manager when new England was winning superbowls.

Every multiple-superbowl-winning quarterback in NFL history was a game manager. No high-yardage, high-scoring, pass-heavy offense has ever won multiple superbowls.

Coincidence?
No coincidence at all. :th2thumbs:

Game General is a much more fitting title. Me likey.

Brahn

Reaction score
HansGruber":1hfozaew said:
2-14?

You appear to be engaged in debate with either a liar or a moron. Either way, it's pointless.

I agree 2-14? Make him put money where is mouth his. Money will show you a fool or a bluffer 99% of the time.

plyka

Reaction score
Aros":22njobnh said:
I want to make myself clear.

I am in NO WAY attacking the OP.

But every time I see a post about how this entity or that team or this fan or that blog has something negative to say about Russell Wilson it makes me want to chew glass. Not because I am a diehard fan who cannot stomach constructive criticism, but because social media makes every idiot with a stupid opinion (regardless of how wrong it is) somehow relevant.

Look. We ALL know what we have in Russell Wilson. Why do we feel compelled to offer a link to every Tom, Dick and Dummy who wants to tear him down for whatever their reason or agenda?

Again, this is NOT an attack or to point the finger at the OP. I am speaking in generalities.

Maybe, just maybe we should spend less time linking to blogs/articles from people with agendas (professionally or not) and spend more time discussing relevant facts that we all now as 12's are based in reality.

The evil social media giving everyone a voice. Down with twitter and down with Facebook!! I completely understand the medias hatred of social media, blogs and the internet in general. It has already cAused a collapse of the print media and taken away the medias power as some voice. If it was up to them they would make it illegal to post on the internet anywhere. They want to keep that power to themselves, quite frankly as most self interested individuals would in their position. What I don't understand is why people posting on a message board would parrot their meme and in a nutshell claim that other people posting in other message boards are a negative, lol. I don't have to point out the irony do I?