Things not looking good in Bronco land

Jegpeg

Reaction score
He's got to blow it all up if he wants so to succeed in Denver. 6 straight (going on 7) losing seasons in Denver. Their culture needs to change.

Not that I'm complaining.

Imagine if the Seahawks had 7 straight losing seasons the fans would be irate. The most they've done is 4.
And in the middle of that 4 season run we got to the divisional playoff!

A lot of fans are Irate with Pete when we he has had one losing season in the last 11. They are irate because ifor 8 seasons straight we have failed to get tot the super bowl. Dread to think what the response would be to 7 straight losing seasons.

keasley45

Reaction score
Craziness.

Have heard the narrative now that Russ is play really well because his stats are almost identical to Pat Mahomes. And therein lies the rub in the FF reality of the contemporary NFL where analysis of a players performance is whittled down to a glance at the stat sheet.

It's amazing to me how myopic a view the 'experts' have on the game to be be parroting takes like that. I mean, it's possible to go 20-25, a TD and no INTs and lose by 4 TDs if your passes don't move the chains.

As an example russ went 20 for 31 with 2 TDs, about 250 and no ints in a game in 2021. Our defense wasn't terrible, and we still lost.

And Wilson's (game) performance was terrible and easily a major contributor as to why we lost.

And that completion percentage , yards and Tds isn't off from where he is this year.

That game in 2021 was against the Commanders.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Craziness.

Have heard the narrative now that Russ is play really well because his stats are almost identical to Pat Mahomes. And therein lies the rub in the FF reality of the contemporary NFL where analysis of a players performance is whittled down to a glance at the stat sheet.

It's amazing to me how myopic a view the 'experts' have on the game to be be parroting takes like that. I mean, it's possible to go 20-25, a TD and no INTs and lose by 4 TDs if your passes don't move the chains.

As an example russ went 20 for 31 with 2 TDs, about 250 and no ints in a game in 2021. Our defense wasn't terrible, and we still lost.

And Wilson's (game) performance was terrible and easily a major contributor as to why we lost.

And that completion percentage , yards and Tds isn't off from where he is this year.

His numbers weren’t astounding but wasn’t he still dealing with his finger injury in that game? I think it may have been his first week back from having to sit out due to the injury. Did he play well? No but there were some factors as to why and recovery from injury on his throwing hand was a factor too.

keasley45

Reaction score
His numbers weren’t astounding but wasn’t he still dealing with his finger injury in that game? I think it may have been his first week back from having to sit out due to the injury. Did he play well? No but there were some factors as to why and recovery from injury on his throwing hand was a factor too.

My point is that the Stat line is not necessarily a predictor as to how well a player is playing. His stats looked good. His rating was 111. But he was mostly ineffective save for his last drive.

You can't just look at numbers. You have to watch the game.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Craziness.

Statistics certainly matter and Russ has certainly been better this year than last. Stats just aren’t the only factor in evaluating performance.
Usually stats and wins/losses align and make sense, sometimes they don’t.
Sometimes you can be clutch as hell and have a bad stat line.
Russ has done all of the above, that’s why he’s headed to the HOF.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
My point is that the Stat line is not necessarily a predictor as to how well a player is playing. His stats looked good. His rating was 111. But he was mostly ineffective save for his last drive.

Agreed. Everyone's QBR goes up in garbage time when defenses are in prevent. Tell me what you did when the game was still on the line.

keasley45

Reaction score
Agreed. Everyone's QBR goes up in garbage time when defenses are in prevent. Tell me what you did when the game was still on the line.

That's when Russ used to make his money. And every once in a while he can still hit it. But the league wide trend in defenses over the last 4 years or so to take away the deep ball has hindered his game quite a bit.

I'd say it has also slowed ours down a bit as well as we still like to look deep quite a bit.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Russell's TD to bathroom ratio is looking much better this season with already 6 touchdowns going into week four, compare to last year.

FiGXqehWIAAkbdV

morgulon1

Reaction score

Exactly.

Numbers don't tell the complete story.
A good QB could pass 11-20 for 200 yards with a pick but win with 4 of the completions coming on a game winning drive in the last minute of the game.

I've watched a few of the games from 2013 2014 and noticed Wilson missed a lot of easy passes he had no business missing . He also would drop back for a split second, panic and scramble . Geno is by far a better QB with vision and confidence. We're better off now.

hawkfan68

Reaction score

My point more about him playing with an injured finger on his throwing hand rather than his numbers for that game. That probably was a contributing factor to why he wasn't playing well for most of the game. Even if his numbers were statistically good in the end.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
Yeah but Pete had the LOB and beast mode. A true legendary defense and runningback. let’s see how pete does this year before we diminish Paytons accomplishments in front of
Pfffttt…nothing a little high knees wouldn’t remedy.

In an airplane aisle.

warden

Reaction score
Wilson is 4 and 14

The Broncos had a really good defense the first three quarters of the year last year, held the other teams for an average of less then 16 points a game but still couldn’t win. Russel with his prima donna attitude huge contract and the enormous loss of draft capital obtaining him is what is wrong with the Broncos. He just cost way to much to put a competitive team around a QB with declining skills

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
Wilson is 4 and 14

The Broncos had a really good defense the first three quarters of the year last year, held the other teams for an average of less than 16 points a game but still couldn’t win. Russel with his prima donna attitude huge contract and the enormous loss of draft capital obtaining him is what is wrong with the Broncos. He just cost way to much to put a competitive team around a QB with declining skills
I think…Drew Lock did better

cymatica

Reaction score
Please stop thinking Drew Lock is an actual NFL quarterback.
I actually think he's a good backup. He looked horrible a year ago in preseason. This year he actually looked like an average QB, which is good. Pete is probably one of the best coaches in the league for backup QBs and misfits, which is why the team fell apart after they got cute.

Back to Lock, I have a suspicion that Pete relates to him personality wise and is trying to have him be Geno's successor when the time comes. He, just like Geno did, needs to mature. I have a good feeling about him, which doesn't mean jack, but I thinking he'll be a pretty good QB if I'm the right place

Latest posts