The offense has no identity

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3fup4i8r said:
cymatica":3fup4i8r said:
Siouxhawk":3fup4i8r said:
I believe Jimmy was targeted more than any other receiver today. As others have said, he needs to play a little stronger, especially in the red zone. Yes, he was mugged for what should have been a PI call on one of them, but he had a jump ball on the other and couldn't come down with it. He also dropped a pass on third down that would have moved the chains. He was being fed today.

Whatever keeps the blame off coaching huh? Saying he was targeted more in a game like this means nothing, he is almost never used properly.
Yes, hitting him in the hands for an apparent first-down catch that he dropped isn't using him properly? Sheesh.

Yeah because when I said they weren't using him properly I was referring to that one play :sarcasm_off:

Anthony!

Reaction score
We could easily have an identity we saw it in 2015 but the Coaches refuse to let it be. PC wants a bruising, ball control offense and we don't have the oline or RBs for that, We do have the WR and QB for a quick, call control passing game, see the 2nd half of 2015, but alas that coach is not making a system to fit the players but making the players fit a system.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
e01017f58e64e086baf473cf4f63b535.jpg

4 of his 7 targets were at or behind the line of scrimmage. YUCK.

His one drop, the deep left route, ironically, was the way we should be using him.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":1q2azgiu said:
Siouxhawk":1q2azgiu said:
cymatica":1q2azgiu said:
Siouxhawk":1q2azgiu said:
I believe Jimmy was targeted more than any other receiver today. As others have said, he needs to play a little stronger, especially in the red zone. Yes, he was mugged for what should have been a PI call on one of them, but he had a jump ball on the other and couldn't come down with it. He also dropped a pass on third down that would have moved the chains. He was being fed today.

Whatever keeps the blame off coaching huh? Saying he was targeted more in a game like this means nothing, he is almost never used properly.
Yes, hitting him in the hands for an apparent first-down catch that he dropped isn't using him properly? Sheesh.

Yeah because when I said they weren't using him properly I was referring to that one play :sarcasm_off:

But by the same token, IF you're getting INFREQUENT chances to show your Pro-Bowl stuff, then there aren't many excuses for dropping the easy ones, eh?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Anthony!":2y3lc5tl said:
We could easily have an identity we saw it in 2015 but the Coaches refuse to let it be. PC wants a bruising, ball control offense and we don't have the oline or RBs for that, We do have the WR and QB for a quick, call control passing game, see the 2nd half of 2015, but alas that coach is not making a system to fit the players but making the players fit a system.

No thanks, ran the same thing in 2016.

Anthony!

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2h25dyio said:
Anthony!":2h25dyio said:

ahh actually we did not, we could not because RW was injured, so sorry we did not but we should

cymatica

Reaction score
adeltaY":q2dgoznp said:
So guys it turns out the running game wasn't having much success against a Packers defense that was in Dime the majority of the game...

https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/sta ... 3568649218

If you can't get rushing yards against 2 DL/2OLB/1ILB/3S/3CB then we have major problems with this run game. Maybe more than we feared.

This just keeps getting better.

Anthony!

Reaction score
cymatica":10bi3oe8 said:
adeltaY":10bi3oe8 said:
So guys it turns out the running game wasn't having much success against a Packers defense that was in Dime the majority of the game...

If you can't get rushing yards against 2 DL/2OLB/1ILB/3S/3CB then we have major problems with this run game. Maybe more than we feared.

This just keeps getting better.

wow okay then that says just how bad our oline is, if they were getting the kind of pressure on Rw with their dime package.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Anthony!":22w7qfuk said:
seahawkfreak":22w7qfuk said:
Anthony!":22w7qfuk said:

ahh actually we did not, we could not because RW was injured, so sorry we did not but we should

So are you saying we need to bring back the read option?

Anthony!

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1y2c5y9j said:
Anthony!":1y2c5y9j said:
seahawkfreak":1y2c5y9j said:
Anthony!":1y2c5y9j said:

So are you saying we need to bring back the read option?

go back and look at the 2nd half of 2015, you know the tear Rw went on. They were using a uptempo, quick passing game, that they stopped using when Lynch came back, and could not use last year due to RWs injuries, which impacted his mavuverability, his knee and ankkle as well as his throwing his knee, ankle and pectoral. That is what we should be using, as it works for us. Think of it as uptempo west coast offense.

themunn

Reaction score
netskier":2ldihy18 said:
Who does GB have that can defend against a high pass to Graham? We have the same problem with Martellus Bennett. Their height allows them to go high were DBs can not go. Lacking tall enough DBs, the only way is to pressure the quarterback, which takes us back to our OL.

Bennett had 3 catches, same as Graham. And if not for a Graham drop and blatant pass interference he'd have had at least 2 more catches, including a TD.

Reaction score
go back and look at the 2nd half of 2015 said:
This spot on and how we need to change up our offense. I thought I read someplace that this is Pete's offense his design and our OC just runs the plays. Our offense lacks vision and it is a boring offense with ineffective results. Like some of the poster's said above we do not have the personnel to run it we need to get back to the read option and quick throws we started doing it in 2015 we can do it now. Why as team we can build off of what we were doing in 15 and adapt. We try to go back and have the power offense and we are suffering for tremendously. It is embarrassing how we look I cant even watch any football shows for the rest of the week because they just bring me down having to see this garbage over and over again it is enough to make u puke.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
netskier":22hkzhkl said:
mistaowen":22hkzhkl said:

Jimmy Graham is dreadfully misused in this offense and I still wonder why that trade was ever made if the vision is to just have him playing around the line of scrimmage. I counted at least four times on third and 6+ where he was blocking or releasing late. What's the point of trading for one of the biggest intermediate route mismatches in the NFL to roll him out as a traditional blocking TE?

My guess is that John Schneider and Pete have the vision, and that is why they made that trade. And that Bevell lacks that vision, and Pete for some reason will not force Bevell to use Graham primarily as a receiver.

Who does GB have that can defend against a high pass to Graham? We have the same problem with Martellus Bennett. Their height allows them to go high were DBs can not go. Lacking tall enough DBs, the only way is to pressure the quarterback, which takes us back to our OL.

Wrong, it falls on all the coaches not just Bevell. If you can't see how poorly he's being used it's a problem. Literally look at how he was used in New Orleans. Someone and I'm guessing it's Pete or Bevell has a pride problem and doesn't want to change things up. So instead of using Graham as the world class TE he is we use him to block.

That's just wasted money. Might as well use that money on upgrading the offensive line.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
scrummymustard":15qs6wl3 said:

His one drop, the deep left route, ironically, was the way we should be using him.

LMAO... nice play calling brah.

hahahahahah man, it's so painfully obvious they don't know what they're doing with him.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
adeltaY":1ml81uhn said:

They know we can't run and we rarely attack the middle of the field with short routes.

Of COURSEEEE the Packers defense looked all world.

Hyak

Reaction score
This is a huge part of the problem. Lynch was unique in his ability to overcome poor blocking and still be effective. He and Wilson also were deadly in the read option sets although I do think teams got better at defending Wilson on that based on film and RW slowing down some.

The 2nd half of 2015 with Rawls is probably the template for what suits their talents best. It also came without Graham, who just isn't an inline TE. Vannett is the closest thing they have to one.

I think they need to maximize spread sets, which should open up some middle of the field routes as well as open up some running lanes. I also think it's clear to me that Carson, Rawls, and Procise fit that much better than Lacy.

All of this said, if the OL plays like they did versus GB, it's nearly impossible to win.

OP
OP
mistaowen

mistaowen

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":310j9gry said:
scrummymustard":310j9gry said:

LMAO... nice play calling brah.

hahahahahah man, it's so painfully obvious they don't know what they're doing with him.

Good lord.... Jimmy spent his first few seasons terrorizing defenses as a pseudo WR and he's running chip-block wheel routes behind the LOS. This is exactly what I'm talking about. What the hell is the purpose of having a pro bowl TE run those routes? Luke Willson can do that.

Latest posts