THE annual Adopt-A-Rookie thread

kf3339

Reaction score
I'm going with one on each side of the ball......

Offense - Nick Vannett TE - Had him on my last mock and will stick with him on our team. The best Miller like TE in the college game, and I think will be a much better pass receiver than some realize.

Defense - I'm going with Jefferson DT - This is for two reasons. First, many will pick Reed which makes all the sense in the world. But I also wanted a 3tech DT who can get interior push with true sack capability. This guy has it. Second, he has a wife and three kids. He needs this job and the NFL paycheck that comes with it. I think he is all business and will show it on the field. If I'm right we have a pair of young, determined and mean DT's for many years to come.

If I am forced to pick one, I will take Jefferson since many already have chosen Vannett.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
hawknation2016":945jljzp said:
bmorepunk":945jljzp said:
I relinquished my Seahawk-given right to adopt a rookie when I picked Kiero Small.

sadness-05.jpg

Hey! Small is a free agent now. Maybe he will be invited back for a tryout.

Never ever give up on your adopt a rookie!! I still have complete faith that Chris Harper will be an all pro receiver!

chris98251

Reaction score
Brooks on Offense and Jefferson on Defense.

UFDA'S

Tyvis Powell, we can teach tackling, the one knock on him.

chawx

Reaction score
I'm adopting QB Boykin—to sit behind Russ for a few years and only see the field when we blow someone out.

BONUS: he'll guide us to 4-0 preseasons every year! So that's fun.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
I'm torn between Collins and Jefferson. I think I'll go with Jefferson

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1nm43qf1 said:
I relinquished my Seahawk-given right to adopt a rookie when I picked Kiero Small.

sadness-05.jpg

I went with Lockett last year :th2thumbs:

I think this year im going with Nick Vannett. I think he is going to be huge for the first part of the season. Just watched some draft breakdown on him and he flattened some guy from michigan just now.

Graham, Vannett and Willson are going to be a good trio

Havent played madden last couple years but I always loved having a good TE in there, whether blocking or receiving.

Timmahawk

Reaction score
Prosise for me, I was high on him prior to the draft as I was scouting for my dynasty leagues. Now I don't think his dynasty value goes up landing here, I'm just pumped we got potentially a top 3 back in him.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
bmorepunk":ijzge1b3 said:

sadness-05.jpg
Don't feel bad. I picked Small, too. I made up for it by picking Lockett last year. :D

This year I think I'm going to go with Hunt. If he can't beat out Nowak or Sokoli for a spot then I don't know what to say.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I'll go with Joey Hunt, kind of like the Russell Wilson of 2016; questionable measurables but a very good football player. Key to whether he starts will be his ability in the run game, got no questions in pass pro. Not totally convinced he'll make the jump but rooting for him.

kearly

Reaction score
I never knew .net had such a soft spot for blocking tight ends. :)

TwilightError

Reaction score
I'm torn between Collins and Ifedi. But I will take the big guy because he is the one who I really hope will be a huge success. That would be exactly what the team needs.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I really like most of our picks but the one who I'll adopt is Prosise. He's going to make a lot of people get excited this year.

Zorn76

Reaction score
Hunt.

Center is so key, and we haven't been nearly consistent enough there for several years now.

EMTHawkfan

Reaction score
Had it down between Rees Odhiambo and Joe Hunt....I'll go with Hunt. Honestly knew nothing about him pre draft but I've watched a couple games of his now and he is impressive. I'll pull for him based on his 6th round status and our need for someone to emerge at the position. He's got a shot here with his experience, strength, and smarts.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
kearly":1t6qzvdk said:
I never knew .net had such a soft spot for blocking tight ends. :)

I just think he has some hidden potential beyond being just a blocker. I think he is maybe a little underrated but I loved the film I saw on him.

Pete and JS sounded super excited to finally find a TE like him in the draft and that we havent really had one. From reading things about the Senior bowl it sounded like he really impressed people there with his catching ability. Also from reading more into him it seems like he could potentially be an underrated weapon in the redzone. If he turns into that along with Graham in the redzone, watch out.

I think he will be an important contributer to the team this year with Grahams health in question and the only blocking TE we even have really. I expect to see him lined up all over the place.

Latest posts