The 2007 Defense and Wavering in my Super Bowl Prediction

SonicHawk

Reaction score
amill87":8f1odqsz said:
How many people remember the Chiefs and Ravens game last year when the Ravens won 9 to 6. How about when they were blown out by the Texans 43-13? Or when they went 1-5 in December?

How about 2012 when the Giants lost 34-0 and 33-14 in Weeks 15 and 16?

2011 Packers blown out 38-10 by the Giants

2010 Saints blown out 52-27 by the Giants

Catch my drift yet?

We haven't been blown out so you don't think we have any chance of winning the SB?

kearly

Reaction score
DVOA loves us. The 2007 defense was actually pretty good, but they lacked physicality, and were not even a fraction as talented in the secondary.

We've not played a great list of QBs, but IMO we haven't seen performances you would expect from any of those QBs (except Luck). The good QBs slumped against our D, the bad ones actually did much better than expected. Small sample sizes and all that.

If you think Wilson is having a sophomore slump posting nearly a 100 passer rating behind the worst protection in the NFL, sorry Montana- you know I love you- but you are batshit insane if you think that.

I've had a few moments this season where I thought about cancelling my metaphorical reservations in New York. But remember, the season isn't over yet, and there is still plenty of time for Seattle to round into form. Last years team was BY FAR the best in the NFL in the last 8 weeks of the regular season, but were treading water in both wins and DVOA at the mid-point.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Guess what?

Seahawks are 8-1.

Last year at this time we were what? 5-4 or 4-5.

We were what in 2007? 10-6 in a weak Division.

In 2008, 5-11.

2009, 4-12.

2010, 7-9.

2011, 7-9.

2012, 11-5.

In 9 games with a tough traveling schedule, overcoming numerous injuries that have crippled us on us on former teams , and yet the Seahawks stand here today at 8-1.

In Russell Wilson's career plus this Seahawks team the last year and a half has almost won as many games (20) than the 2008-2011 teams combined (24).

This 2013, is 8-1 is better than the 2005 record wise thus far, and that 2005 had one of the leagues best offenses as well as as the best O-line ever assembled in team History. That 2005 team was also relatively healthy compared 2013.

There is only one team in the NFL that is still undefeated, only two teams that have one loss, 29 other teams have two or more losses.

If you guys want to step back and finally realize this and temper your expectations. Congratulations. But if you want hate on this team... I won't stand by that... go back to worshipping the mediorce teams where 10 wins was such an amazing feat.

As long as this team continues to perservere and continues to win, I'll take it, every challenge, every punch in the mouth, every second of adversity this team needs to overcome will only help prepare this team down the road. Sure we have our issues and problems, more so than we need... but this is a 8-1 team that won't be buried even when we are dead to rights.

Since 2012, Seahawks have 7 losses for 32 points. Are teams isn't built to dominant, its builtto outlast.