Terrible News

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I've been called into work for the weekend due to covering for a possible Covid exposure & that means I will not be making my chicken wings for Sunday's game.

Now, you may be asking why doesn't Mrs. Hockey Guy just make them? Well, she asked me to veer off the tried & true method & make half the wings honey garlic for 1 game, & I'll bet you can all guess which game that was. After the game, I admonished her severely & told her the internet now hated her & she told me to "get over it", so she obviously cannot be trusted with this.

I'm trying to think of a suitable work-around on this so maybe all isn't lost yet. I could cook them tonight & heat them up in the microwave for kickoff, but I'm skeptical if this will appease the football gods, or maybe cook them in a toaster-oven at work although I've never cooked anything in any toaster-oven before & I can't guarantee I'll even have the time needed to do it or if this POS toaster-oven even works properly.

I apologize in advance for this abomination.

6-0 with my salt & pepper wings
0-1 when I veer off that recipe.

I guess I could quit my job but.........

PNW

Reaction score
Good news, the reason we actually lost against the Cardinals is because I didn’t watch the game at my mom’s house...
6-0 at moms house
0-1 at my house
Needless to say I’ll be watching the game with my mom from now on!
:D

AirStrike

Reaction score
Well that’s completely unacceptable, there is only one choice to make. Quit your job.

rcaido

Reaction score
I usually dont change my underwear until we lose but i had a date on Saturday before the cardinals game. I thought we had in the bag and i showered put new ones on. We loss so put all that blame of our undefeated season on me. Good news i haven't changed underwear and we beat the 49ers.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No, no, no, you guy's have it all wrong. We lost the Cardinals game because I forgot to turn on the Seahawks lights on my Japanese maple in our front yard.

whidbeast

Reaction score
Aros":a4yv6f8s said:
No, no, no, you guy's have it all wrong. We lost the Cardinals game because I forgot to turn on the Seahawks lights on my Japanese maple in our front yard.

Aros we can expect this kind of thing from lower ranking members of .Net such as myself but I've got to say this is a bit disappointing and I hope it won't happen again

gobosgumbo518

Reaction score
...I had dirty dishes in my sink... Seahawks can’t win when I didn’t do my dishes.

Sealake80

Reaction score
When they win this week you will be free of your chicken wing thing.

sc85sis

Reaction score
whidbeast":3nj2xj17 said:
Aros":3nj2xj17 said:

Aros we can expect this kind of thing from lower ranking members of .Net such as myself but I've got to say this is a bit disappointing and I hope it won't happen again
Seriously Aros, you’re the board founder for crying out loud! Get it together, man!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
So it was everyone's fault except the players. Got it.

OP
OP
Hockey Guy

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Okay, we have some good news guys. I'm not working & have the chicken wings out & ready to go for kickoff.

6-0 when I make my S&P wings
0-1 when I veer off that recipe
0-1 when I don't make my wings at all.

Just to be safe though I'm gonna have to ask:
PNW, go visit your mother you inconsiderate son
rcaido, don't change your underwear
Aros, this is your reminder to turn that light on &
gobo, do your dishes you f'n slob.

I guess we're now all set.
Go hawks.