TELLING IT LIKE IT IS

mikeak

Reaction score
^remember RW had the NCAA record for passes without an int. it was broken 2 years ago but the point remains. Sure you can be the most accurate passer ever or it could be the fact that you simply avoid some throws. The good part is that it will come with time and experience. I do think when 4th quarter rolls around RW just decides to go for it and suddenly looks on paper to be more accurate when he simply makes more risky throws.

OP
OP
THE TABS

THE TABS

Reaction score
mikeak":2xxx0ood said:
PC is very conservative and I think RW is as well. It is good but I do wonder if some of his overthrows isn't a tendency to rather put it where only the WR can get it to ensure avoiding the int....

I honestly don't see the conservative nature. To me, as far as the offense goes, we've been SMART.

Think about it; we have some serious pass protection issues, and very little perimeter speed. On the other hand, we can run the ball on ANYBODY, no matter how many times we reshuffle the line.

That's why I've held off on judging Darrell Bevell. Losing Percy Harvin destroyed our plans to push the ball downfield more, so we've had to revert back to our 2012 mode of manufacturing drives. Bevell has done fine managing the resources at his disposal.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Aros":37ewm5c2 said:
For those of you who are newer NETTERS, The TABS was a staple back in the earlier days of .NET when the site was equally driven by articles as much as the forum community. Always opinionated and never once apologized for it, he was one of the great bullets in the .NET chamber back in the day. His resurrection must mean we're doing something right. Rejoice! :)

I had to do a double check when I saw the name. Welcome back Tabs!

rjdriver

Reaction score
Nice write up Tabs. The only thing I disagree with is your opinion on Browners play. I'll be looking forward to watching him more closely on rewind.

Man, at least 3/5 of those early East coast starts are behind us. We are alright sitting at 4-1.

mikeak

Reaction score
I think some of it is seen when on 3rd and 3 we don't run which if we were going for it on fourth down would be the play. Last year punting instead of trying long field goals and in general rather play it safe than go for it. I feel that it is across the board but at least this way one of us is right :)

I agree that injuries etc has changed things and I did put it in a PC philosophy and not Bevell playcalling

QuahHawk

Reaction score
THE TABS":11zs93kb said:
Aros":11zs93kb said:
Wow, what's next? A Breda Report?!?

Good to hear from The Tabs! Talk about a blast from the past!

Kearly is busy, you know our mantra; NEXT MAN UP! :lol:

Yep, if you didn't have such a low post count and point out that you hadn't done this for a long time I'd have believed you only took a few games off. Man does time fly.

Good to here from you TABS

OP
OP
THE TABS

THE TABS

Reaction score
rjdriver":38pq65g2 said:
Nice write up Tabs. The only thing I disagree with is your opinion on Browners play. I'll be looking forward to watching him more closely on rewind.

Man, at least 3/5 of those early East coast starts are behind us. We are alright sitting at 4-1.

Remember, I said "sans a few plays". He did get beat on the Hilton TD, but he did defense at least 3 passes that I can remember off the top of my head, and the PI call I still say was BOGUS. That ball was WAY over the head. Plastic Man couldn't have caught that one!

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
mikeak":3oaccijx said:
I have seen RW run and throw and be incredibly accurate. One fot hops throws on scramble and hits it on the money. I don't disagree OP that he was airmail in it I simply wonder if it isn't an accuracy issue.

PC is very conservative and I think RW is as well. It is good but I do wonder if some of his overthrows isn't a tendency to rather put it where only the WR can get it to ensure avoiding the int....

Just a thought from having watched him for several years

With a QB like RW it seems just a bit more work in finding it again with his corps. A home game ahead should help, but yeah, not happy with RWs pass play today ( it was a game dictator in fact).
Indy did not wow me (at all).

Liderside

Reaction score
Nice write up! What about the psychological difference of being up 17-0 vs 12-0 (Safety vs TD)? Had that call gone our way the game becomes a blow out, though I admit that when we are up 12-0 and the Colts weren't moving the ball I thought it was going to be a blow out anyway...

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I will stick with my guns on this one... We should have and could have won the game.... The Ref's pulled the cord against the Hawks.... Changed the momentum and the outcome!!! Glad we're back in Seattle next week...

Dismas

Reaction score
Aros":2kgp7hv5 said:
For those of you who are newer NETTERS, The TABS was a staple back in the earlier days of .NET when the site was equally driven by articles as much as the forum community. Always opinionated and never once apologized for it, he was one of the great bullets in the .NET chamber back in the day. His resurrection must mean we're doing something right. Rejoice! :)

indeed, I remember TABS from long ago.

Because THE TABS says so!

good memories, an athlon 286 with 512k ram and dial up interwebs :p

CEHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan1975":1l8xa58h said:
mikeak":1l8xa58h said:
I have seen RW run and throw and be incredibly accurate. One fot hops throws on scramble and hits it on the money. I don't disagree OP that he was airmail in it I simply wonder if it isn't an accuracy issue.

Just a thought from having watched him for several years

With a QB like RW it seems just a bit more work in finding it again with his corps. A home game ahead should help, but yeah, not happy with RWs pass play today ( it was a game dictator in fact).
Indy did not wow me (at all).

RW ran for over 100 yards and took some pretty big hits. I think that probably had a bigger affect on him then just being out of the pocket.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Aros":urzz716n said:
Wow, what's next? A Breda Report?!?

Good to hear from The Tabs! Talk about a blast from the past!

It's been a few years. How about a Breda report?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Nice work, thank you very much sir! I've been here a couple of years but not sure I remember you but it's always nice to meet the "old timers." Maybe it was before I got here. Or it could just be my memory is shot. :)

What I'm most upset about is our going away from the running game. Why? I think we would have won that game had we run it a lot more. It's the only thing our current line is capable of doing well, it protects Russell Wilson, it runs time off the clock and keeps Andrew Luck on the sideline, it wears out their defense and protects ours, and they could NOT stop it. So wth Pete? I know he was pushing Bevell last week I think it was to have Russell pass more but with this patchwork line? Why?

hoxrox

Reaction score
ivotuk":ac3o20st said:
What I'm most upset about is our going away from the running game. Why? I think we would have won that game had we run it a lot more. It's the only thing our current line is capable of doing well, it protects Russell Wilson, it runs time off the clock and keeps Andrew Luck on the sideline, it wears out their defense and protects ours, and they could NOT stop it. So wth Pete? I know he was pushing Bevell last week I think it was to have Russell pass more but with this patchwork line? Why?

Yeah Lynch only carried it for what, 17 times? Should have carried 20-25 or at least put in Michael who can get some explosive plays for us. Turbin isn't getting it done. Their defense was getting tired, and got second wind once momentum shifted.

Wilson doesn't need to carry the offense on his shoulders every week. People are expecting a lot from him but he's still a second year quarterback. Lean on the ground game more (like SF is doing with Kaep) until the o-line gets healthy or show that they can pass protect.

LawlessHawk

Reaction score
Aros":7k2xxaev said:
mikeak":7k2xxaev said:
PC is very conservative and I think RW is as well. It is good but I do wonder if some of his overthrows isn't a tendency to rather put it where only the WR can get it to ensure avoiding the int....Just a thought from having watched him for several years

I would buy that for a dollar. I think there's validity to that paradigm.

I would mostly buy into that also... and we've all seen RW drop some balls on a dime down the field so we know he's got IT... but I think what's really catching our eye is the wide-open ones he's air-mailed this season... and there's been a number of those...

Could all the preperation, all the film study, all the accolades and attention, the massive self-expectation, the maturity beyond his years, coupled with a needy fan base that's been wondering in the desert for 40 years waiting for a king.... could all that pressure be tilting the apple cart just a little this season?

Maybe.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Great to see ya TABS, though I do miss "The Rock" as your avatar! Welcome back to crazy town!

What's next, a Harper sighting? :229031_banghead:

ivotuk

Reaction score
LawlessHawk":36wevy5d said:
Aros":36wevy5d said:
mikeak":36wevy5d said:
PC is very conservative and I think RW is as well. It is good but I do wonder if some of his overthrows isn't a tendency to rather put it where only the WR can get it to ensure avoiding the int....Just a thought from having watched him for several years

I would buy that for a dollar. I think there's validity to that paradigm.

I would mostly buy into that also... and we've all seen RW drop some balls on a dime down the field so we know he's got IT... but I think what's really catching our eye is the wide-open ones he's air-mailed this season... and there's been a number of those...

Could all the preperation, all the film study, all the accolades and attention, the massive self-expectation, the maturity beyond his years, coupled with a needy fan base that's been wondering in the desert for 40 years waiting for a king.... could all that pressure be tilting the apple cart just a little this season?

Maybe.

That is a fabulous description! Nice one :th2thumbs:

I'm curious about 2 things if anyone had the chance to review them, somebody on some audio or something said that Russell got clocked pretty good" on the last play of the game but I couldn't tell from the DVR. It was "slightly" after he released the ball so that parts iffy but it looked like the player really laid in to him.

The other was the punt block/safety. I thought it was close and could easily see how a referee thought the ball moved as JJ slid out of bounds. I really wish he would have batted it backwards and in fact that's what I was thinking as he ran after it. The safety was all but guaranteed, you've got several Seahawks behind you, bat the ball backwards.

zayden185

Reaction score
Great novella
My ADD stopped me reading after"here it goes" tho :sarcasm_off:

Latest posts