Strengths/Weakness of the Final Roster

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
kf3339":2vmvvaq1 said:
Normally I would agree about the WR and LB. I would also still throw in the DT depth. But with two weeks and their ability to find trade partners, I think we will be fine. I still don't like our OC options, but PC seems to be fine with the two. I hope he is right.

The second I saw Fuller's portrait on the team pic parade I thought to myself "THERE'S OUR GUY!" LOL Have you EVER seen a guy who looks more badass to put right in the middle of the O Line?

kf3339

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3oc0y2ug said:
kf3339":3oc0y2ug said:
Normally I would agree about the WR and LB. I would also still throw in the DT depth. But with two weeks and their ability to find trade partners, I think we will be fine. I still don't like our OC options, but PC seems to be fine with the two. I hope he is right.

The second I saw Fuller's portrait on the team pic parade I thought to myself "THERE'S OUR GUY!" LOL Have you EVER seen a guy who looks more badass to put right in the middle of the O Line?

A guys picture doesn't prove how he will play in games. I sincerely hope he does kick but and takes hold of the position permanently. I still have my doubts right now.

AgentDib

Reaction score
sdog1981":39rth1xf said:
This can't be the roster they attempt to roll into week one with. They don't have enough linebackers, DBs, and WRs for kick coverage.
That's why it matters that they can activate people from the practice squad this season. You can't look at this roster the same way you would in a normal season.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Appyhawk":2jd2arme said:
kf3339":2jd2arme said:

That's what I thought back in 1987 when the Seahawks won the supplemental draft lottery to land Brian Bosworth out of the University of Oklahoma. Looked like he'd be badass on our D. Though it was more an injury issue -- maybe he would've had a decent NFL career if he hadn't gotten hurt.

Jville

Reaction score
With Pete and John, there is no final roster.

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Jville":wq69k5hk said:

Touche, Jville.

Maybe we should re-brand this thread "Strengths/Weakness of the Current 53-man roster (plus expanded practice squad)...

Seems we can just assume "current roster."

Jville

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":13x4q17k said:
Jville":13x4q17k said:

Touche, Jville.

Maybe we should re-brand this thread "Strengths/Weakness of the Current 53-man roster (plus expanded practice squad)...

Ok Ok ...... Viva La Roster Churn!

Given ..... the what ..... 3 practice spots still open,

We might get the next snap shot later today. :D

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Jville":2tei62rn said:
Ad Hawk":2tei62rn said:
Jville":2tei62rn said:

Touche, Jville.

Ok Ok ...... Viva La Roster Churn!

Given ..... the what ..... 3 practice spots still open,

We might get the next snap shot later today. :D

It's sad that there's more action and adrenaline rush in our roster cuts/acquisitions than our offense in the first quarter of games. Maybe things will be different this year with Waldron calling plays.

Here's hoping our pass-rush makes our DBs look better than I fear they are.

Jville

Reaction score
More exciting roster churn .............
the Hawks added cornerback Michael Jackson to the practice squad. Jackson was a fifth round pick of the Dallas Cowboys out of Miami in 2019, but failed to make the 53 man roster out of camp and was signed to the practice squad. He remained on the practice squad until being poached by the Detroit Lions just eight days after the Lions had traded Quandre Diggs to Seattle. Jackson is a long corner in the mold the Seahawks have traditionally preferred on the outside. [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/9/2/22654489/seattle-seahawks-add-michael-jackson-make-jake-luton-signing-official-ogbuehi-injured-reserve[/urltargetblank]
[youtube]A7ahd128eQM[/youtube]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jville":1wx79rgi said:
More exciting roster churn .............
the Hawks added cornerback Michael Jackson to the practice squad. Jackson was a fifth round pick of the Dallas Cowboys out of Miami in 2019, but failed to make the 53 man roster out of camp and was signed to the practice squad. He remained on the practice squad until being poached by the Detroit Lions just eight days after the Lions had traded Quandre Diggs to Seattle. Jackson is a long corner in the mold the Seahawks have traditionally preferred on the outside. [urltargetblank]https://www.fieldgulls.com/2021/9/2/22654489/seattle-seahawks-add-michael-jackson-make-jake-luton-signing-official-ogbuehi-injured-reserve[/urltargetblank]
[youtube]A7ahd128eQM[/youtube]
I like his college tape. Turns his head when the ball is in the air, and makes open field tackles.
Now will that translate to the NFL, we will see I guess.

Tokadub

Reaction score
Chawker":s3d8z2fm said:
The lack of depth at WR and LBer.

Yes I agree, our Wide Receiver list is only 4 players? Isn't it normal to have like 6-7 Wide Receivers on most teams?

It looks more like 2 starting Wide Receivers and some really unknown players that aren't that great.

LB I also agree without KJ Wright I think this unit will be weak (I wouldn't even call this a depth issue, I think the starting line up is very weak).

I don't know how they cut corners on 2 of the most important position groups for Russell Wilson or our defense to have any success it's interesting.

I'm much more concerned about LB though. What are we saving that last $10,000,000 for?

OP
OP
Ad Hawk

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Own The West":2u8syucs said:
I've not seen our starters play yet.

True enough; that's a weakness to evaluating them from outside of the practice field.

It's a strength as well, though, as we'll face opponents who have no recent tape on the starters.

toffee

Reaction score
Tokadub":w275dwit said:
Chawker":w275dwit said:
The lack of depth at WR and LBer.

Yes I agree, our Wide Receiver list is only 4 players? Isn't it normal to have like 6-7 Wide Receivers on most teams?

It looks more like 2 starting Wide Receivers and some really unknown players that aren't that great.

LB I also agree without KJ Wright I think this unit will be weak (I wouldn't even call this a depth issue, I think the starting line up is very weak).

I don't know how they cut corners on 2 of the most important position groups for Russell Wilson or our defense to have any success it's interesting.

I'm much more concerned about LB though. What are we saving that last $10,000,000 for?

a lockdown CB?