Story of the Game?

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":1vklld7f said:
Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith, and Aaron Rodgers all scrambled roughly the same amount or MORE last year.

Okay, then I would suggest that their stats would be skewed too BUT there is another stat that can affect the judgement of your ability to run block and that is rushing attempts. Wouldn't you say that if you are judging your run blocking by yds rushing that would be skewed by the simple fact that you run more often than other teams? For instance, we run approximately 20% more than Green Bay and Kansas City.

OP
OP
dogorama

dogorama

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":16p3yzel said:
dogorama":16p3yzel said:
FlyHawksFly":16p3yzel said:
Tyrod Taylor, Alex Smith, and Aaron Rodgers all scrambled roughly the same amount or MORE last year.

Okay, then I would suggest that their stats would be skewed too BUT there is another stat that can affect the judgement of your ability to run block and that is rushing attempts. Wouldn't you say that if you are judging your run blocking by yds rushing that would be skewed by the simple fact that you run more often than other teams? For instance, we run approximately 20% more than Green Bay and Kansas City.

There are a TON of things that are indicators of good run blocking. None of the things you have said are indicators or BAD running blocking.

I would looked at some adjusted yardage stats that take into account context. Also things like yards before contact are good measures of what type of push the line is getting.

The things you are attempting to use to prove your point, don't. If anything they go against what you are saying or worse are so obviously stilted to your opinion that they are objectively worthless.

Never said anything about "bad blocking" I was just trying to point out that using top-3 total rushing yds stat to say that you have a good run blocking oline does not tell the whole story and in fact is not really accurate.

That's enough for me, thanks for the discussion.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Wilson leads another 4rth quarter drive for the win on a bad ankle that's the story of the game.

Zorn76

Reaction score
It was an ugly win, but a win nonetheless.
Week #1 with a brand new OL, facing an opponents DL that isn't too shabby themselves.

Webb won't last, and we have yet to see Ifedi. Opening day was a success.