Stay positive Pete can fix this offensive line

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Tough day for long time Hawks fans like us. Long time reader, first time poster. I go back to the Largent days.

We are in good shape. Tough day for Russ he has weapons but they have to give him more time. In the first round they need to draft an offensive lineman.

Penei Sewell from Oregon and Christian Darrisaw will be off the board in the first ten picks for sure.

With the 22nd pick I think Rashawn Slater from Northwestern could still be available.

Otherwise Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC or Wyatt Davis from Ohio State. Plug one of this guys in with our first round pick and things will solidify next year.

Stay patient, we will fix this through the draft.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":b87wg5bq said:
Pete is the problem, not the line.

I would like them to make sure Schotty gets a bigger role this offseason. Football family, football lifer, always thrives in big spots. Fix this line and I think we will be fine.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
pinksheets":o5hy0i2q said:
12th And Loud":o5hy0i2q said:
pinksheets":o5hy0i2q said:
We don't have the 22nd pick.

I know the exact order isn't set yet. Could be 22, 23 or 24, right?
Jamal Adams

They gave up a 1st for Jamal? I had Covid this year and my memory is foggy. That is crazy though. I thought it was a 2nd and a 3rd rounder this year. I remember there being two picks.

Really hope it wasn't a first rounder. I like Jamal a lot and hope they sign him but a first rounder is a bit much.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
12th And Loud":3a6wnw59 said:
Tough day for long time Hawks fans like us. Long time reader, first time poster. I go back to the Largent days.

We are in good shape. Tough day for Russ he has weapons but they have to give him more time. In the first round they need to draft an offensive lineman.

Penei Sewell from Oregon and Christian Darrisaw will be off the board in the first ten picks for sure.

With the 22nd pick I think Rashawn Slater from Northwestern could still be available.

Otherwise Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC or Wyatt Davis from Ohio State. Plug one of this guys in with our first round pick and things will solidify next year.

Carroll has had years to “fix” the offensive line and it just is NOT happening.

Why? Cause it goes against everything he wants first.

All assets in terms of drafting with high picks (Seattle also does not have any, consistently) go towards the defensive line.

Seattle with Carroll is stuck in a vicious cycle of doing just enough to “compete” for playoffs not not enough to advance.

Seattle with Carroll is very similar to the Packers with McCarthy.

Seattle needs to ditch Carroll if they want to keep Wilson happy.

Wilson has a better shot of turning Seattle to champions again than Carroll does.

Carroll’s approach DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE!

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":2isl28t8 said:
12th And Loud":2isl28t8 said:

All assets in terms of drafting with high picks (Seattle also does not have any, consistently) go towards the offensive line.

Seattle with Carroll is stuck in a vicious cycle of doing just enough to “compete” for playoffs not not enough to advance.

Wilson has a better shot of turning Seattle to champions again than Carroll does.

Petey is better than McCarthy. I think Pete had success at the pro level coaching before he got here. And he was great at USC. McCarthy is a joke, couldn't even win the NFC Least.

I will say it again, they have to build through the draft. Russ is the man, build him a wall. Let's devote premium picks to protecting him this year and good things will happen.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
12th And Loud":7x6xqdh8 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":7x6xqdh8 said:
12th And Loud":7x6xqdh8 said:

All assets in terms of drafting with high picks (Seattle also does not have any, consistently) go towards the offensive line.

Petey is better than McCarthy. I think Pete had success at the pro level coaching before he got here. And he was great at USC. McCarthy is a joke, couldn't even win the NFC Least.

I will say it again, they have to build through the draft. Russ is the man, build him a wall. Let's devote premium picks to protecting him this year and good things will happen.
Seattle does not have top premium picks to build with blue chip offensive lineman.

James in PA

Reaction score
12th And Loud, they didn’t give up “a” first round pick for Jamal ..... they gave up two (2) first round picks for him.
[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrThortan

Reaction score
Have been hoping to fix the O-line since Pete's first season. Russ' scrambling ability use to compensate for it. He can't do that anymore.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
12th And Loud":66knbuzr said:
They gave up a 1st for Jamal? I had Covid this year and my memory is foggy. That is crazy though. I thought it was a 2nd and a 3rd rounder this year. I remember there being two picks.

Really hope it wasn't a first rounder. I like Jamal a lot and hope they sign him but a first rounder is a bit much.

It was TWO first rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a player.

It was a horrendous trade.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":31frfr6o said:
12th And Loud":31frfr6o said:
TheLegendOfBoom":31frfr6o said:
12th And Loud":31frfr6o said:

Seattle does not have top premium picks to build with blue chip offensive lineman.

The line needs to be fixed, the draft is the best way.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3hffie1a said:
12th And Loud":3hffie1a said:

I just looked it up, I forgot about that. I remember being so so on it at the time. Crazy year I forgot it was first rounders.

This year it is a first and a third. Next year it is a first. And they got Bradley McDougald. He sucks but we gave up all that for the defensive back sack record, so so pass coverage and a first round exit.

I was trying to talk everyone else down, but damn now how could they do this???

This years 1 and 3, and next years 1. Who made this trade Kevin Costner?

I'm done with this team Pete has to go, it isn't the old NFL anymore you don't overpay for a safety like that today.

potatohead33

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2pzgd9jp said:
12th And Loud":2pzgd9jp said:

That's still wrong

They gave up two firsts, a third, and Bradley McDougald. They got back Jamal and a fourth.

The third pick will be later in the round and the fourth will be second in the round (Jets) so that swap is almost a wash.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
The other thing I just realized is that it was Jamal's cheap hit that knocked Wolford out.

If he doesn't leave the game we win. Wolford sucks. The Jets cut him that's how you know he sucks.

We had a shot to beat them and Jamal messed it up. Now he messed up our next two drafts.

I want to puke.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
potatohead33":5aculq2u said:
pittpnthrs":5aculq2u said:
12th And Loud":5aculq2u said:

That's still wrong

They gave up two firsts, a third, and Bradley McDougald. They got back Jamal and a fourth.

The third pick will be later in the round and the fourth will be second in the round (Jets) so that swap is almost a wash.

The spring was rough for me and now I am thinking I just blacked this out.

I am curious to see what the trade comp is if Deshaun Watson gets traded. Two firsts and a third and we got back a safety in 2020. Giving up that much I would expect the modern day Herschel Walker.

I can't sleep.