Stay positive Pete can fix this offensive line

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
How old is Russ going to be by the time Pete gets around to fixing the oline through the draft? That's assuming he would want to, which I doubt.

Russ's escapability and big-play magic pulled this team out a few too many times. The illusion that it could continue forever carries with it the cost of not developing a long-term functional and balanced offense.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
IMO Wilson should sit down with Carroll and tell him point blank if you don't make an effort to fix this OL I'm done

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Haha I love how this thread started on a get positive...were gonna improve...to the realization that things are a mess! A lot of people are now realizing this, hopefully the team does too. Glad you recovered from the vid 12th and loud. Welcome!

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1aqu07hx said:
Haha I love how this thread started on a get positive...were gonna improve...to the realization that things are a mess! A lot of people are now realizing this, hopefully the team does too. Glad you recovered from the vid 12th and loud. Welcome!

The loss didn't bother me that much. I mean I was mad but the Rams defense is all-time great. Sure they had no QB and Donald was out a lot but the interior linebackers do things that most casual football observers don't even understand. The screen interception is another example of an elite, all time elite defense.

So I was able to chalk it up to that. Wade Phillips has always been an amazing coordinator and he is old, so we will have our day.

That is what I thought originally. Now Jamal is having multiple surgeries? And I forgot about 3 premium picks that we gave up for him.

Might be one of the worst trades and it definitely set us back 3 - 5 years.

When is Jamal's contract up?

John63

Reaction score
12th And Loud":3ng1icp8 said:
Tough day for long time Hawks fans like us. Long time reader, first time poster. I go back to the Largent days.

We are in good shape. Tough day for Russ he has weapons but they have to give him more time. In the first round they need to draft an offensive lineman.

Penei Sewell from Oregon and Christian Darrisaw will be off the board in the first ten picks for sure.

With the 22nd pick I think Rashawn Slater from Northwestern could still be available.

Otherwise Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC or Wyatt Davis from Ohio State. Plug one of this guys in with our first round pick and things will solidify next year.

Stay patient, we will fix this through the draft.

ahh he has had 9 years to fix the oline and it still is not fixed. Its okay against week dlines but against better one they suck adn PC will not allow any

hawkfannj

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1tczf10c said:
IMO Wilson should sit down with Carroll and tell him point blank if you don't make an effort to fix this OL I'm done
At the same time Restructuring this contract so they can You can’t have it both ways

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
hugecanoli":rbx2iuhh said:
Pete & OP...

Giphy

No need to flame me. I think Pete is a two time winning Super Bowl coach. I still don't count the loss because of that stupid pass against the Patriots. That one isn't on Petey.

I still have faith in the man.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
John63":23wifd9w said:
12th And Loud":23wifd9w said:
Tough day for long time Hawks fans like us. Long time reader, first time poster. I go back to the Largent days.

We are in good shape. Tough day for Russ he has weapons but they have to give him more time. In the first round they need to draft an offensive lineman.

Penei Sewell from Oregon and Christian Darrisaw will be off the board in the first ten picks for sure.

With the 22nd pick I think Rashawn Slater from Northwestern could still be available.

Otherwise Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC or Wyatt Davis from Ohio State. Plug one of this guys in with our first round pick and things will solidify next year.

ahh he has had 9 years to fix the oline and it still is not fixed. Its okay against week dlines but against better one they suck adn PC will not allow any

True, he has had time but it has been a good run that isn't over yet.

Wade Phillips has to be in his mod 70's now. He can't run his schemes for the Rams forever. What I am saying is addition by subtraction, our offensive line gets better once the elite Rams D is gone.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
12th And Loud":21vfsexs said:
Cyrus12":21vfsexs said:

The loss didn't bother me that much. I mean I was mad but the Rams defense is all-time great. Sure they had no QB and Donald was out a lot but the interior linebackers do things that most casual football observers don't even understand. The screen interception is another example of an elite, all time elite defense.

So I was able to chalk it up to that. Wade Phillips has always been an amazing coordinator and he is old, so we will have our day.

That is what I thought originally. Now Jamal is having multiple surgeries? And I forgot about 3 premium picks that we gave up for him.

Wade Phillips? Wade Phillips?! What does he have to do with the game yesterday? He's not on the Rams' coaching staff, so I guess yesterday should have been our day.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3ehy02we said:
12th And Loud":3ehy02we said:
Cyrus12":3ehy02we said:

Wade Phillips? Wade Phillips?! What does he have to do with the game yesterday? He's not on the Rams' coaching staff, so I guess yesterday should have been our day.

Wade Phillips, the Rams defensive Coordinator. Son of Bum.

I am saying the Rams have an elite defense so we can't grade Pete as if it was a normal game. Elite defenses cause problems but hall of fame coordinators don't stay in one place long.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
12th And Loud":2i1685lv said:
Seanhawk":2i1685lv said:
12th And Loud":2i1685lv said:
Cyrus12":2i1685lv said:

I am saying the Rams have an elite defense so we can't grade Pete as if it was a normal game. Elite defenses cause problems but hall of fame coordinators don't stay in one place long.

Wade Phillips, the Rams defensive coordinator from 2017-2019. The year is 2020/21. Like I said, he is not even on the Rams' coaching staff.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
12th And Loud":197hkahe said:
John63":197hkahe said:
12th And Loud":197hkahe said:

Wade Phillips has to be in his mod 70's now. He can't run his schemes for the Rams forever. What I am saying is addition by subtraction, our offensive line gets better once the elite Rams D is gone.

How do I know you dont watch games? Wade Phillips isnt their d coordinator. Try again.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3ossq3an said:
12th And Loud":3ossq3an said:
Seanhawk":3ossq3an said:
12th And Loud":3ossq3an said:

Wade Phillips, the Rams defensive coordinator from 2017-2019. The year is 2020. Like I said, he is not even on the Rams' coaching staff.

Just googled it. My bad.

As I mentioned the spring was rough for me, so I guess I missed some things.

I go off the grid and we give up all these 1st rounders for Jamal. And Wade retires.

Somehow that isn't enough to overcome the Rams. I am officially depressed.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":poa4kjjm said:
12th And Loud":poa4kjjm said:
John63":poa4kjjm said:
12th And Loud":poa4kjjm said:

How do I know you dont watch games? Wade Phillips isnt their d coordinator. Try again.

No need for personal attacks, I go to 4 games every year. Except this year because of the precautions. Which are stupid anyway because I have the antibodies now.

Anyhow I made a mistake, I mentioned things are a little fuzzy it has been a tough year.

Suck that we lost, I felt so much better about it before I started this thread.

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
Can't believe the Rams defense is so good and their new DC is so young. Frustrating. Hope he gets a head coaching gig.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
IMO one of the problems with our offensive line is that they are too big.

When we play a team like the Rams with quick undersized d- lineman they jump plays in the run game and side step our monster o-line in the pass game.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Damn.
This is one of the most humorous threads I have seen in awhile.

Seymour

Reaction score
12th And Loud":3836qijd said:
TwistedHusky":3836qijd said:
Pete is the problem, not the line.

I would like them to make sure Schotty gets a bigger role this offseason. Football family, football lifer, always thrives in big spots. Fix this line and I think we will be fine.

They have been trying since 2010. They have put more resource into the Oline than any other position group and here we are still. Many thought getting rid of Cable would do it (myself included), it helped some but not well enough.

Asking for patients at this point in the Pete Carroll era is a complete joke!! :177692:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The offensive line is only going to get worse. Duane Brown is one of the oldest LT's in football, Mike Iupati is ancient and Pocic isn't exactly lighting it up at center. Or RG is the only piece we can build off of right now, and we're going into the next two drafts down on picks, because we traded for a safety.

The offensive line wasn't even the main problem, it was Pete's offensive strategy. You can't keep running 5-7 yard drops against a good defensive line that is running two deep. Pete's strategy was incredibly stupid going into that game.