Stay positive Pete can fix this offensive line

OP
OP

12th And Loud

Reaction score
HawkNuts":2aqhat0e said:
IMO one of the problems with our offensive line is that they are too big.

When we play a team like the Rams with quick undersized d- lineman they jump plays in the run game and side step our monster o-line in the pass game.

Too big is okay too slow is the issue.

Hip agility, it is known that Schotty's practices don't focus on the flexor at all. He gets it from old school dad. The o\c change will help utilize the existing talent with modern schemes.

kf3339

Reaction score
12th And Loud":101qeb79 said:
Tough day for long time Hawks fans like us. Long time reader, first time poster. I go back to the Largent days.

We are in good shape. Tough day for Russ he has weapons but they have to give him more time. In the first round they need to draft an offensive lineman.

Penei Sewell from Oregon and Christian Darrisaw will be off the board in the first ten picks for sure.

With the 22nd pick I think Rashawn Slater from Northwestern could still be available.

Otherwise Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC or Wyatt Davis from Ohio State. Plug one of this guys in with our first round pick and things will solidify next year.

Stay patient, we will fix this through the draft.

PC has had 10 years to fix the O-Line. What possibly makes you think he will fix the line now with only four picks and no first rounder? That's right, we don't have the 22nd pick. Last year was the chance with many quality OL draft players and he went defense in round one and two. He hasn't a clue how to draft for the O-Line.

So again, what in his history makes you think that will change now?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
kf3339":8zt6611l said:
12th And Loud":8zt6611l said:
Tough day for long time Hawks fans like us. Long time reader, first time poster. I go back to the Largent days.

We are in good shape. Tough day for Russ he has weapons but they have to give him more time. In the first round they need to draft an offensive lineman.

Penei Sewell from Oregon and Christian Darrisaw will be off the board in the first ten picks for sure.

With the 22nd pick I think Rashawn Slater from Northwestern could still be available.

Otherwise Alijah Vera-Tucker from USC or Wyatt Davis from Ohio State. Plug one of this guys in with our first round pick and things will solidify next year.

PC has had 10 years to fix the O-Line. What possibly makes you think he will fix the line now with only four picks and no first rounder? Last year was the chanced with many quality OL draft players and he went defense in round one and two. He hasn't a clue how to draft for the O-Line.

So again, what in his history makes you think that will change now?

It's not as simple as personnel - it's also heavily scheme dependent. A passing game primarily predicated on the deep stuff, mixed with a quarterback who tends to hold the ball, with a disproportionate amount of straight drop-back stuff instead of moving pockets and lateral movement combines to put a really, really, really high amount of pressure on an offensive line. Eventually, that's gonna lead to the disintegration we saw late in the season.

Fair to wonder if a new offensive coordinator will dial up a playbook that actually takes some of the weight off of the line. A line full of Pro Bowlers would probably look meh in this scheme. Might be part of why Ifedi was one of the best value players in the league this season, performing decently at both guard and tackle for the Bears.

Tinamedina

Reaction score
12th And Loud":27h9izlw said:
TheLegendOfBoom":27h9izlw said:
12th And Loud":27h9izlw said:

Carroll has had years to “fix” the offensive line and it just is NOT happening.

Why? Cause it goes against everything he wants first.

All assets in terms of drafting with high picks (Seattle also does not have any, consistently) go towards the offensive line.

Seattle with Carroll is stuck in a vicious cycle of doing just enough to “compete” for playoffs not not enough to advance.

Seattle with Carroll is very similar to the Packers with McCarthy.

Seattle needs to ditch Carroll if they want to keep Wilson happy.

Wilson has a better shot of turning Seattle to champions again than Carroll does.

Carroll’s approach DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE!

Petey is better than McCarthy. I think Pete had success at the pro level coaching before he got here. And he was great at USC. McCarthy is a joke, couldn't even win the NFC Least.

I will say it again, they have to build through the draft. Russ is the man, build him a wall. Let's devote premium picks to protecting him this year and good things will happen.

Pete Carroll got fired twice before seattle seahawks took him.

getnasty

Reaction score
Normally i would say the OP is trolling this whole board and is a Rams fan but hard to tell around here these days.
Either way this is a good read and making me laugh.