Spencer Rattler at South Carolina pro day

mistaowen

Reaction score
He's such a unique case - came into college as arguably the best player and likely #1 pick but flamed out HARD at Oklahoma. All the talent in the world but got humbled, went on to a fairly middling career at SC though their roster was pretty terrible. Saw some interviews with him and he seems like a much more mature person. I would not be opposed to taking a chance on him at all, reward greatly outweighs risk IMO and he can learn from Geno for 1-2 years.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Rattler is slow as molasses. Even 300+ lineman posted faster 40 times than him. The Seahawks have not significantly improved their OL (in my opinion), he would get killed behind the Seahawks OL if he can't run.

Seattle Person

Reaction score
Rattler is slow as molasses. Even 300+ lineman posted faster 40 times than him. The Seahawks have not significantly improved their OL (in my opinion), he would get killed behind the Seahawks OL if he can't run.
That Patrick Mahomes ran a slow time too and he is constantly running by dudes every week. 40 times are irrelevant.

chris98251

Reaction score
Don't need to run, QB's for decades with pocket awareness and moving up or side to side, or simply getting the ball out. Quit watching just Lamar Jackson Vids and watch more Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, comes down to fast decision making.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Don't need to run, QB's for decades with pocket awareness and moving up or side to side, or simply getting the ball out. Quit watching just Lamar Jackson Vids and watch more Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, comes down to fast decision making.
Peyton Manning was the #1 draft pick. He set the bar for QBs in his draft. Rattler would be lucky to go before the 4th round. That tells me that he's not just lacking speed but in other areas as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
Peyton Manning was the #1 draft pick. He set the bar for QBs in his draft. Rattler would be lucky to go before the 4th round. That tells me that he's not just lacking speed but in other areas as well.
Kurt Warner was undrafted, Brady 6th round, an agile brin will last much longer then an agile body in the NFL at QB. Ask RGiii or Randall Cunningham who was able to reinvent himself.

CPHawk

Reaction score
None of those guys are just a hair over 6ft either. Being slow is one thing, being slow and unable to see over the line in another thing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well with Murray and Wilson as recent examples, the holes in their game stand out, Bree's was a outlier as it has come to light based on these two's completion performance using the whole field, saying that why would you draft a guy like that. Fact is Bree's was a pocket passer and did better.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Kurt Warner was undrafted, Brady 6th round, an agile brin will last much longer then an agile body in the NFL at QB. Ask RGiii or Randall Cunningham who was able to reinvent himself.
Yes, Kurt was undrafted. Then GB picked him up and released him. He was out of the NFL for 4-5 years. So credit goes to Kurt for his comeback to NFL and revitalizing his career. He's one of the few who has done it. There is a longer list of those who fit the same profile that haven't. During Kurt's time there wasn't the UFL. So if Rattler or anyone else can't stick in the NFL, then they do have that option now.

Regarding Rattler, his combine results were poor - https://www.playerprofiler.com/news/spencer-rattler-underwhelms-at-nfl-combine/

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
Dan Marino too, quick release and pocket awareness?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rattler is also 24. Meanwhile, many of the mediots act like Penix is 37 years old. When he is, in fact, younger than BO AND 3 and the same age (23) as Daniels.

Maye and McCarthy are both 21.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Rattler is also 24. Meanwhile, many of the mediots act like Penix is 37 years old. When he is, in fact, younger than BO AND 3 and the same age (23) as Daniels.

Maye and McCarthy are both 21.
24 in 4 weeks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But 23, my point. Not gonna' be baited in to arguing over stupid sh**.
He is 23, THAT IS MY POINT. People act like Penix is pushing 40. It's hilarious. Why is it that the other QB's are not getting the same talk about age? They're the same age or OLDER. Dear God man.........

CPHawk

Reaction score
But 23, my point. Not gonna' be baited in to arguing over stupid sh**.
He is 23, THAT IS MY POINT. People act like Penix is pushing 40. It's hilarious. Why is it that the other QB's are not getting the same talk about age? They're the same age or OLDER. Dear God man.........
I don’t see the age thing much. It’s always Penix will get hurt.

Look at him, he has the weirdest build, his legs and arms are super skinny.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
You either get the job done or you don't. Couldn't care less what he looks like. Results, he gets them.