Seahawks post Senior Bowl 2024 mock draft

Chevy

Reaction score
In this mock draft I have us trading Geno Smith to the Falcons for their 2nd round pick #43. The Falcons owner wants a veteran QB this year, so the Geno trade is a win-win for both the Seahawks and the Falcons. The Seahawks would have to take on some of Geno's contract for this year. That would enable the Seahawks to get a 2nd round pick from the Falcons as opposed to a 3rd or 4th round pick.

1st round #16 - (OC) Jackson Powers-Johnson 6'3" 332 lbs, Oregon: JPJ is one of the best, if not the best, OCs I have ever scouted. He has the size, balance/agility, scheme versatility, awareness, and mean streak. He quickly gets to the second level and finds work during run plays. It is rare for a OC prospect to have all of these traits. He will help keep a young QB clean in the pocket and also dominate in the run game to open up lanes for our two stud RBs.

2nd round #43 - (QB) Spencer Rattler 6'1" 215 lbs, South Carolina: NFL teams were hoping to draft Rattler in the 3rd or 4th round, but that is no longer the case because of a good showing at the Senior Bowl week. He has a ton of playing experience, strong arm, quick release, good ball placement, and he is a good athlete for a QB. We have great WRs, great RBs, and a good offensive line (JPJ factored into the equation). Which sets the table for Rattler to be successful in year one.

3rd round #78 - (ILB) Cedric Gray 6'2" 235 lbs, North Carolina: Gray is a very good coverage LB in the draft and also looks like a good athlete for his position. Hard hitting LBs are a dime a dozen, good coverage LBs are much more challenging to acquire. Which is why I think Gray is a must have for Macdonald's scheme. Gray just always makes plays.

3rd round #81 - (NT/DE) Khristian Boyd 6'3" 320 lbs, Northern Iowa: Boyd is underrated at this point which is why I am drafting him higher than where he is currently rated as a prospect. I've read that Boyd was a man amongst boys at the Shrine Bowl. He is athletic for his size and was a team leader on his team. PFF gave him a good pass rush win rate for the year.

4th round #154 - (S) Kitan Oladapo 6'1" 217 lbs, Oregon State: Oladapo has good size and speed. Really productive player that can do a bit of everything as a safety. He can cover TEs, he has good ball skills, and looks good in run support. This past year he had 74 tackles, 3 TFLs, 8 PBUs, 2 INTs, and 1 sack.

5th round #118 - (OLB/DE) Braiden McGregor 6'5" 267 lbs, Michigan: McGregor is a long, quick, fluid athlete for his size. I see him as a OLB on our team as well as DE on obvious passing situations. He does not have a lot of playing experience, but JS will love his upside.

6th round #194 - (TE) Tip Reiman 6'4" 273 lbs, Illinois: Tip is a big body TE has the frame to be a good inline TE. He is considered a good blocking TE. He would pair up nicely with Noah Fant, after we cut Dissly.

7th round #236 - (OT) Anim Dankwah 6'8" 362 lbs, Howard: Dankwah is a project OT with high upside. He was 1st-team All-MEAC selection in his conference this year. Big man could be a homerun if he develops like his current trajectory suggests.

Last edited:

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'll have to do some homework on the later rd guys, but I do like the top of this draft. Nice work.

CPHawk

Reaction score
How are we getting that 2nd rounder back?

CPHawk

Reaction score
He traded Geno. It's in the first paragraph.
I saw it, still isn’t realistic. We only have a couple cards to play to get that 2 back, and Geno isn’t one of them. And with Grubb as the new oc, DK isn’t going anywhere. So it seems like K9 might be the only way to make that jump. Which I personally wouldn’t like at all.

NoGain

Reaction score
That's a high pick for a center. What's the highest pick spent on a center in, say, the last 30 years? I can't remember one being drafted in the top half of the first round off the top of my head.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
That's a high pick for a center. What's the highest pick spent on a center in, say, the last 30 years? I can't remember one being drafted in the top half of the first round off the top of my head.
I believe he’s absolutely worth it. I’d be doing cartwheels.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
In this mock draft I have us trading Geno Smith to the Falcons for their 2nd round pick #43. The Falcons owner wants a veteran QB this year, so the Geno trade is a win-win for both the Seahawks and the Falcons. The Seahawks would have to take on some of Geno's contract for this year. That would enable the Seahawks to get a 2nd round pick from the Falcons as opposed to a 3rd or 4th round pick.

1st round #16 - (OC) Jackson Powers-Johnson 6'3" 332 lbs, Oregon: JPJ is one of the best, if not the best, OCs I have ever scouted. He has the size, balance/agility, scheme versatility, awareness, and mean streak. He quickly gets to the second level and finds work during run plays. It is rare for a OC prospect to have all of these traits. He will help keep a young QB clean in the pocket and also dominate in the run game to open up lanes for our two stud RBs.

2nd round #43 - (QB) Spencer Rattler 6'1" 215 lbs, South Carolina: NFL teams were hoping to draft Rattler in the 3rd or 4th round, but that is no longer the case because of a good showing at the Senior Bowl week. He has a ton of playing experience, strong arm, quick release, good ball placement, and he is a good athlete for a QB. We have great WRs, great RBs, and a good offensive line (JPJ factored into the equation). Which sets the table for Rattler to be successful in year one.

3rd round #78 - (ILB) Cedric Gray 6'2" 235 lbs, North Carolina: Gray is a very good coverage LB in the draft and also looks like a good athlete for his position. Hard hitting LBs are a dime a dozen, good coverage LBs are much more challenging to acquire. Which is why I think Gray is a must have for Macdonald's scheme. Gray just always makes plays.

3rd round #81 - (NT/DE) Khristian Boyd 6'3" 320 lbs, Northern Iowa: Boyd is underrated at this point which is why I am drafting him higher than where he is currently rated as a prospect. I've read that Boyd was a man amongst boys at the Shrine Bowl. He is athletic for his size and was a team leader on his team. PFF gave him a good pass rush win rate for the year.

4th round #154 - (S) Kitan Oladapo 6'1" 217 lbs, Oregon State: Oladapo has good size and speed. Really productive player that can do a bit of everything as a safety. He can cover TEs, he has good ball skills, and looks good in run support. This past year he had 74 tackles, 3 TFLs, 8 PBUs, 2 INTs, and 1 sack.

5th round #118 - (OLB/DE) Braiden McGregor 6'5" 267 lbs, Michigan: McGregor is a long, quick, fluid athlete for his size. I see him as a OLB on our team as well as DE on obvious passing situations. He does not have a lot of playing experience, but JS will love his upside.

6th round #194 - (TE) Tip Reiman 6'4" 273 lbs, Illinois: Tip is a big body TE has the frame to be a good inline TE. He is considered a good blocking TE. He would pair up nicely with Noah Fant, after we cut Dissly.

7th round #236 - (OT) Anim Dankwah 6'8" 362 lbs, Howard: Dankwah is a project OT with high upside. He was 1st-team All-MEAC selection in his conference this year. Big man could be a homerun if he develops like his current trajectory suggests.

Love the first three! I have to research the others..

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
I was just speaking in terms of positional value. Aren't there a bunch of T's worthy of that first pick this year?
Yes…. I understand. I just have a man crush on Powers. I’d be happy with the tackles too. I just think Powers is a can’t miss player if there ever were one.

Chawker

Reaction score
Seattle would love nothing more then to off load Geno and Tyler to clear cap space, but I think a 2nd for Geno is unrealistic at best. (My opinion) But, I like your selection of players other then Rattler. Rattler is a gun slinger that turns over the ball to much. Once again chevy these are just my opinions so don't get discuraged by my post.

Cheers

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Love the JPJ pick!

I’m either for JPJ or Byron Murphy from Texas.

I think we absolutely can nail this draft especially with the new coaching staff!

So excited for this draft! Haven’t been this excited in a long time for a draft!

Let’s go Seahawks!!!!!!!!!

Seattle Person

Reaction score
I'm down with the first 4 picks. They all scream what this new coaching staff is looking for.

Im split on Kitan Oladapo though. He's not really built for the modern NFL defense at safety. We'll see how he test as well.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
How are we getting that 2nd rounder back?

Geno trade to Falcons, with us taking some up some of the Geno money.

Falcons owners is said to want a veteran QB. Falcons owner Arthur Blank, is 81 years old...which is probably why he doesn't want a rookie. Blank's life age seems to be a realistic push for him wanting a veteran QB going forward. Geno is not a superstar, but he is a bit better that average.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I saw it, still isn’t realistic. We only have a couple cards to play to get that 2 back, and Geno isn’t one of them. And with Grubb as the new oc, DK isn’t going anywhere. So it seems like K9 might be the only way to make that jump. Which I personally wouldn’t like at all.

Maybe throw in Woolen for it to be more realistic. The main thing to consider in the trade with the Falcons is the owner, is rumored to wanting a veteran QB. He is 81 years old and probably doesn't have the life patience of a younger owner to draft a rookie and hopefully watch him develop into a starting QB. He reeks of desperation for a veteran QB.

For those reasons I think it is realistic.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score

It is rare for a OC to be drafted in the top half of the 1st round. The last OC prospected I was pumped as a 1st round was Mike Pouncy. He was drafted at #15 in the 1st round of the 2011 draft. Others since about 2005 are Ryan Kelly, Frank Ragnow, Alex Mack, Garrett Bradbury, and Camron Erving.

Pouncy was my favorite of the bunch, but JPJ exceeds Pouncy as a prospect.

I think OC can makeup for deficiencies that their OGs have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I was just speaking in terms of positional value. Aren't there a bunch of T's worthy of that first pick this year?
At #16 we can get the one of the top-6 rated OTs, depending how the Seahawks rate each one. OR we can get hands down the best OC to come out in the last decade. Yes OTs have more positional value, yet at #16 that player has holes in his game. Whereas JPJ is a day one starter, he may be the cleanest prospect in the entire draft as far as faults.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
That scout tape of Rattler is very underwhelming. Poor decisions.
We are not going to get a perfect QB prospect in the middle of the 1st round or in the 2nd round. We do need to pull the trigger on a QB that has traits. Otherwise we could blow the team up until we land the #1 overall pick in a future draft, hopefully that year won't be a bad year for QBs.

OP
OP
C

Chevy

Reaction score
I'm down with the first 4 picks. They all scream what this new coaching staff is looking for.

Im split on Kitan Oladapo though. He's not really built for the modern NFL defense at safety. We'll see how he test as well.

There are some good mid-round safety prospects this year. Oladapo is a guy I like, but there are a handful of others.