Sound of the Seahawks Ep 7

keasley45

Reaction score

Another solid episode.

Still hard to tell how effective Hurtt is at actually leading his guys. I say that because its obvious he has the 'persona' down. But ive seen many a failed leader who have the 'image' down and can talk the talk, but after a while, it becomes obvious the talk is performance 'noise', and less valuable substance.

Hoping he's the real deal and the optimism he expresses has merit.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Still hard to tell how effective Hurtt is at actually leading his guys. I say that because its obvious he has the 'persona' down. But ive seen many a failed leader who have the 'image' down and can talk the talk, but after a while, it becomes obvious the talk is performance 'noise', and less valuable substance.

I’m in the same place. There’s a part of me that feels the purge on the DL was less about talent and more about personality conflict. I think Hurtt may have lost those guys last year, and Pete/John made the decision to reset that group.

Bringing in Reed always felt like bringing in Hurtt’s guy. Bobby also feels like he’s here to lead more than play.

I like Hurtt as a coach. But there were moments last year where it felt like the spotlight got a little big for him. There was a press conference that I remember him where he said something like “Players can do what the players can do.” Which, at the time, felt like he was blaming the players for not executing the scheme as designed.

Some of this rostering feels like giving Hurtt training wheels in the leadership area to help him with the locker room. But again, hard to tell not being in that locker room.