Sorry, Niners fans...

knownone

Reaction score
The Falcons are 4-2 in their last 6 games. They are not a bad team. They've just had an injury riddled season and they are finally getting healthy. FYI, they damn near made a similar come back against us with Matt Schaub at QB.

I think some Hawks fans are using their fear of the Niners to justify silly positions. They've lost 3 games by 13 combined points. You are lying to yourself if you think Seattle is the better team at this moment.

Marvin49

Reaction score
knownone":209w7qr1 said:
The Falcons are 4-2 in their last 6 games. They are not a bad team. They've just had an injury riddled season and they are finally getting healthy. FYI, they damn near made a similar come back against us with Matt Schaub at QB.

I think some Hawks fans are using their fear of the Niners to justify silly positions. They've lost 3 games by 13 combined points. You are lying to yourself if you think Seattle is the better team at this moment.

Won't wade into the "better team" argument tho clearly have an opinion, but even that 13 points includes an oddball 6 point TD on the final play/kickoff vs the Falcons.

I'll say both teams are having injury issues and are just trying to survive the season. Its a game of attrition and both teams could use that Bye.

One off thing that I never expected....apparently LB Kwon Alexander is trying to come back for the playoffs. They activated Kentavious Street from IR last week so they still have one more they can activate. I can't imagine that he could return from a torn pec that fast....but who knows.

Maulbert

Reaction score
So, just curious, are we finally done hearing how 'historically good' this 49ers D is? Their defensive DVOA has dropped behind the Patriots, and they've already given up 20+ points in two more games than the 2013 Seahawks, and have given up 27 more points (258 to 231) with 2 games left.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":j7teggr2 said:
So, just curious, are we finally done hearing how 'historically good' this 49ers D is? Their defensive DVOA has dropped behind the Patriots, and they've already given up 20+ points in two more games than the 2013 Seahawks, and have given up 27 more points (258 to 231) with 2 games left.

Probably not. Statistically in terms of Pass D (154 YPG) its still pretty damn good. Its taken a hit of late losing Sherman Tartt and Ford, but honestly I don't care if its remembered as all time D. I'd much rather it as Super Bowl Winning D.

Stopping the run has been a challenge all year.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Marvin49":12c6tqye said:
Maulbert":12c6tqye said:

Probably not. Statistically in terms of Pass D (154 YPG) its still pretty damn good. Its taken a hit of late losing Sherman Tartt and Ford, but honestly I don't care if its remembered as all time D. I'd much rather it as Super Bowl Winning D.

I'm sure that keeps you as warm as Julio Jones did torching your secondary.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2qw99ox2 said:
5_Golden_Rings":2qw99ox2 said:
Bobblehead":2qw99ox2 said:
Just browsing the 9ers thread, and what a bunch of butt hurt fans.. they are by far the worst i've seen.
Really? Every single post in that thread by Seahawks fans is just another Erin Rodgers whining impression.

What about the guys loving injuries to our players and wishing wussell gets hurt too?
Anyone wishing injuries on another team is scum. Besides, why wouldn’t you want to face a fully healthy opponent, so the true victor can be known?

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
Maulbert":2guqwvth said:
That’s what happens when you lose so many key players. Kwon Alexander is a huge loss. Dee Ford is a huge loss. DJ Jones is a huge loss (the guy who crushed your center into Wilson in about 1.5 seconds, remember?). Not having Tartt or Sherman out there really hurts. Not to mention key depth like Ronald Blair.

When these guys are fully healthy they are not that far behind the 2013 Seahawks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Maulbert":11em4j92 said:
Marvin49":11em4j92 said:
Maulbert":11em4j92 said:

I'm sure that keeps you as warm as Julio Jones did torching your secondary.

About as warm as Rams toasting 'hawks by 3 scores.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Speak for yourself Known. I'm not afraid of the Niners. The teams are dead even imo. Fear? Hell no. And the Hawks certainly don't fear the Niners. Just because all Hawks fans don't worship the Niners on here doesn't mean there is some fear factor.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1f1xn5bg said:
Speak for yourself Known. I'm not afraid of the Niners. The teams are dead even imo. Fear? Hell no. And the Hawks certainly don't fear the Niners. Just because all Hawks fans don't worship the Niners on here doesn't mean there is some fear factor.

The Niners are good this year. Shanahan is a legit coach. Injuries are a bitch for many teams right now.
We had the good fortune to play the Matt Schaub Falcons, and escaped with a W after a shitty second half.
49ers got the Matty Ice Falcons and Matty Ice did what he does. Against Niners JV defense. The same one I hope we see in week 17. ATL is playing as a GOOD team at the moment, and players are playing hard for Dan Quinn. Glad they saved it for the 49ers. The taunts make no sense. We're at risk of putting a JV defense on the field the next 2 games also, if no Clowney, Diggs, Kendricks, Quill, etc. Our 2nd round pick DL was so invisible in 37 snaps vs Carolina his name escapes me. Couldn't even tell he was on the field. (I had to look it up, it's LJ Collier)

We played the Falcons and Matty Ice in the 2012 Divisional playoff and he did to SF is what he did to us in 2012.
I still think 3 defensive holding plays would have been better at 5 yards a pop and running clock than what we did to give up 50 yards in 5 seconds and ATL FG after we had the game won. Gus Bradley, need I say more?

I'm sure the taunts are fun for some, but it's entirely likely Hawks and Niners will play TWO more games this year, and all that was proven by the Hawks at the Levi is that the Niners are in fact mortal and not invincible and not going to threaten the 1972 Dolphins. As much as I'm not a Niners "fan", I have to respect that team for their play this year. Whichever team is healthier and wants it more is likely to prevail in week 17. I'd feel better about things if we had Diggs back.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Evenly matched teams. They are very much beatable. Geezus, people act like they are the obvious NFC rep for the Super Bowl already. Yes, the Niners are damn good. But guess what, so are the Hawks.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":236qtitw said:

I don't think they are dead even. It won't be popular, but I think the Niners are clearly better at several positions and that is indicated in a big way in the Point Differential (Niners +161, Seahawks +26). No NFL team has EVER had so small a point differential and been 11-3.

Now don't go all losing it on me because I'm not pointing that out to say "you guys suck". I'm actually quoting that to say sorta the opposite.

Position by position, the 49ers are as good if not better at most positions, but the X-Factor is Russell. I like Garoppolo and I think he's a franchise guy and I think he's their guy for a decade, but he as of right now doesn't have what Russell has and that QB play with all the marbles on the table is what makes up the difference.

So the question is, can he do that all year? They are 10-1 in one score games....can they take that all the way through?

We'll see.

Do I EXPECT to see Niners in the SB? No freakin way. I'm not wired like that. I sweat every game, every snap.

I know the best team doesn't always win. IMO that was the case in Niners-Ravens SB.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2wqjzv3m said:
Evenly matched teams. They are very much beatable. Geezus, people act like they are the obvious NFC rep for the Super Bowl already. Yes, the Niners are damn good. But guess what, so are the Hawks.

For some reason all this week 17 talk makes me think of the famous Jim Mora Sr. "Playoffs" rant, which ended with, "I'm just trying to win a game, another game..." (and then his Saints proceeded to lose a bunch and miss the playoffs, IIRC)

The Hawks have the Cardinals in front of us, and while not a must-win in absolute terms, it is HUGE in terms of eventual HFA, in setting things up so that week 17 has HFA and/or first round bye on the line. SF of course has the Rams. I sure hope the Hawks are more focused on the Cardinals this week and how to scheme for and beat them, rather than prematurely focusing on week 17. The Cards played the Niners tough in their last matchup. No doubt they've watched the Ravens tape. Good thing they don't have the Ravens defense; Kyler Murray is problematic enough.

Marvin49

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pgflirs said:

Dunno where you get that, but that certainly ain't comin from me.

Too many really good teams in the way.

Reality tho is that for SF, the Playoffs essentially start on Sat. Only reason I don't say the same of the Seahawks is that they can actually afford to lose to the Cards and still have a shot at the one seed. THAT is what the Niners Falcon loss bought you.

One loss might screw SF. Hell, if they lose on Sat, it makes me wonder if they rest starters vs SEA knowing that the division is out of their reach and they'll be playing in the Wild Card Round.

Marvin49

Reaction score
olyfan63":3e5732u1 said:
SoulfishHawk":3e5732u1 said:

For some reason all this week 17 talk makes me think of the famous Jim Mora Sr. "Playoffs" rant, which ended with, "I'm just trying to win a game, another game..." (and then his Saints proceeded to lose a bunch and miss the playoffs, IIRC)

The Hawks have the Cardinals in front of us, and while not a must-win in absolute terms, it is HUGE in terms of eventual HFA, in setting things up so that week 17 has HFA and/or first round bye on the line. SF of course has the Rams. I sure hope the Hawks are more focused on the Cardinals this week and how to scheme for and beat them, rather than prematurely focusing on week 17. The Cards played the Niners tough in their last matchup. No doubt they've watched the Ravens tape. Good thing they don't have the Ravens defense; Kyler Murray is problematic enough.

Yes....as a Niner fan I think I've had my fill of Fast Hobbits playing QB. LOL.

Given the problems they have had defending them, Niners better come up with an answer because Russell has several years left and Murray ain't goin anywhere.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Marvin49":3abwonqg said:
olyfan63":3abwonqg said:
SoulfishHawk":3abwonqg said:

Yes....as a Niner fan I think I've had my fill of Fast Hobbits playing QB. LOL.

Given the problems they have had defending them, Niners better come up with an answer because Russell has several years left and Murray ain't goin anywhere.

"SMAUG, Smaug....I gotta little job for ya."

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

rlkats

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":qfc96861 said:

The obvious question here is, WHO IS SAYING THE HAWKS SUCK? If anything us niners fans are nervous as hell about the last 2 games. Your defending a notion that doesn't even have legs. The hawks do not suck actually because of Wilson they are very very dangerous.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":29c2phiv said:
SoulfishHawk":29c2phiv said:

The obvious question here is, WHO IS SAYING THE HAWKS SUCK? If anything us niners fans are nervous as hell about the last 2 games. Your defending a notion that doesn't even have legs. The hawks do not suck actually because of Wilson they are very very dangerous.

Not to get political, but it reminds me of the whole "Liberals won't let you say Merry Christmas!" thing.

There are about 1,000,000% more people who are outraged that people say they can't use Merry Christmas anymore than there are actual people who are offended by the phrase. :D

Seattle is good. I am more concerned about Seattle than any other team in the playoffs with possibly exception of Baltimore but that wouldn't be an issue unless they get all the way to Feb.