Something I will never do again is

cymatica

Reaction score
Blame the offense for tiring out the defense. Seattle dominated the TOP in the first half. The Rams defense should have been gassed according to Seahawks standards. We should have been able to gash them on the ground and our online should have been able to handle their tired dline better. The opposite happened, Rams didn't look tired at all.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
It’s apparent the Seahawks thought that as well, and didnt game plan an actual finish.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
yup, so much that ^
Followed by hearing how great Geno was in the 1st half of games. Only to see him and the offense do next to nothing in the 2nd half.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Blame the offense for tiring out the defense. Seattle dominated the TOP in the first half. The Rams defense should have been gassed according to Seahawks standards. We should have been able to gash them on the ground and our online should have been able to handle their tired dline better. The opposite happened, Rams didn't look tired at all.
Well when you run the ball 4 times, not really going to take advantage of that. Instead just kept airing it out and punting.

hoxrox

Reaction score
If they continued to run and move the chains on long drives, that's how you tire out a defense. They abandoned the run and the results were quick 3 and outs, allowing the Rams defense to rest.

5 runs in the second half. Waldo kinda like a dodo.

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
Well when you run the ball 4 times, not really going to take advantage of that. Instead just kept airing it out and punting.
1st 3 drives they mixed it up and had a huge TOP and yards advantage. If that was Seattle they would have been gassed after the 1st quarter

Xxx

Reaction score
If they continued to run and move the chains on long drives, that's how you tire out a defense. They abandoned the run and the results were quick 3 and outs, allowing the Rams defense to rest.

5 runs in the second half. Waldo kinda like a dodo.
Wow 5 runs that’s it… with the lead… what ever happened to clock management. And it’s not like charbonet wasn’t running like a beast. Just give him the ball in a straight line and let him stiff arm somebody… stiff Armstrong

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think he was talking about how the rams didn’t get tired on defense even the Seattle absolutely dominated the time of possession in the first half…
Defenses don’t get gassed in the second quarter. It’s late in the third and the 4th. It only works though if you continue to sustain drives. We did not do that.

Xxx

Reaction score
Defenses don’t get gassed in the second quarter. It’s late in the third and the 4th. It only works though if you continue to sustain drives. We did not do that.
I agree, the run game in the second half should be how you gas the defense but as I read in someone else’s post that we ran the ball five times in the last half hour of football

OP
OP
cymatica

cymatica

Reaction score
Tell that to our defense. They've looked gassed in the 1st half a few times when they lose the TOP battle

Reactions: Xxx

kidhawk

Reaction score
Tell that to our defense. They've looked gassed in the 1st half a few times when they lose the TOP battle
There are often individuals on defense who may get gassed at any given time, especially linemen when an offense goes hurry up allowing for few, if any, rotation of players.

Gassing a defense doesn’t really kick in until late in the game and then an offense can pretty much hand the ball off at will and keep getting first downs.

Slick

Reaction score
…. Assume it’s going to be a great day cause of the first drive
I'm never in "the sky is falling mode" but when I see a great first offensive drive I think the Seahawks have used up all their good mojo for the game. It's "hold on" time.

• Haha
Reactions: Xxx

fenderbender123

Reaction score

Amen