So this is the guy we're adding to our stacked roster? P.H.?

Sturm

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":ff6nimkb said:
The returns at 2:03 and 2:40 are just... :229031_faint:

Yeah, that return at 2:40...he looks like Secretariat pulling away from the herd at the '73 Belmont race.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Sturm":3h69aiaw said:
E.C. Laloosh":3h69aiaw said:
The returns at 2:03 and 2:40 are just... :229031_faint:

Yeah, that return at 2:40...he looks like Secretariat pulling away from the herd at the '73 Belmont race.

Moving like a tremendous machine!!!!

vonstout

Reaction score
I'm looking at ordering a couple of seahawks jerseys. I'm ordering a #12 for sure but I'm debating between RW and PH on the second one. Watching this video is making that decision a lot harder!

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
"Wish we would gave gotten Patterson instead."

"He's only about himself and not the team."

"He's a quitter and just wants to collect game checks."

"He's lazy."

Ahhhh, dotnet...sometimes...you need to get slapped.

There's a reason he was in the running for MVP, he's a monster athlete.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Unreal. If you squint that Vikings helmet looks like a Seahawk. Hope he gets to play for us someday.

Go Hawks!

idahohawk

Reaction score
I watched these highlights the week before the SEA - Viking game. All it did was get my hopes up.

I'll wait this time and see if this actually materializes before drooling through the highlights again. I'm well aware of the game-breaking potential of P.H. but this time I will wait to see him out on the field in 1.5 weeks before I chug the kool-aid.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Ill keep chugging the kool aid because at some point he will play for us, and when he does...

:stirthepot:

RELEASE THE HARVIN!

:thirishdrinkers:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I am thinking "Release The Harvin" would be great as a subheader below the main forum banner. :0190l: :mrgreen:

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":12ymx2qm said:
I am thinking "Release The Harvin" would be great as a subheader below the main forum banner. :0190l: :mrgreen:

I second this, lol. :0190l:

Can we get it thirded? :sarcasm_on:

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I have a good friend who was such a Harvin fan, and with him coming to the Hawks he was besides himself. Having to wait for him to heal is rough but once he he is here we will all forget the past and just wish we had him sooner.

Harvin is one of those special athletes and hopefully we will get to see that on display in the playoffs.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":e8dbv5np said:
As a lot of people have already said, there is a reason that Pete Carroll and John Schneider traded 3 draft choices to get this guy.

See if this puts things in to perspective -- last year, Percy Harvin was #5 in the NFL in Yards After the Catch (he gained 551 YAC) at a clip of 8.9 YAC. He had 677 Yards in total on 62 Catches and was being talked about as being an MVP Candidate.

Now think about all of that for just a second. That was on a Minnesota team with a QB (Ponder) who had a crappy arm. The Viking Offense with him was basically to just throw little smoke screens to him at or behind the Line of Scrimmage and let Percy do his thing -- and the numbers absolutely show that. The average distance of the passes thrown to him (through the air) last year -- just 2.03 Yards/Reception. 551 of the 677 Yards gained were all on Percy. In other words, last year all you had to do is just get him the ball ... and he was an almost automatic instant 1st Down.

Imagine what he can do with a QB in Russell Wilson who has a great arm and is legitimate playmaker. My maniacal evil mad scientist laughter just won't die down over the prospects over just how much he changes how teams will defend the Seahawks. And you saw that in that Minnesota game, as the DB's all of a sudden began playing off of Seattle's receivers ... and guys like Doug Baldwin all of a sudden found themselves having a lot more space. They're fully aware of who Percy Harvin is and what he can do. If Harvin actually can play ... I think you'll see a lot of what's ailed the Seahawks receivers in terms of their troubles of getting open of late start to disappear.

That's one of the things that excites me the most about Percy. Just having him on the field changes how the secondary plays. D's that are capable can execute the 'formula' for beating our WR's and stopping Lynch right now. With Percy in the mix, it's gonna be back to the drawing board. He will absolutely kill them with the simplest of plays if he's not given respect. As he becomes more familiar with Russell and the terminology/twists in our playbook, then we can talk about Percy the playmaker. I expect that won't take too terribly long. In the meantime, his presence alone will turn Baldwin back into Mr. Automatic, and all Tate needs is a little space to work in. Giving our WR's more space will lead to dropping more bodies into coverage and running room for Beast Mode. A total transformation just from his winged shoes being on the field :mrgreen:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good Lord he looks like he is in fast forward and everybody else is in slow motion. Incredible. Damn hip!!

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Aros":1tc5ttuo said:
Good Lord he looks like he is in fast forward and everybody else is in slow motion. Incredible. Damn hip!!

It would appear that the Defenses just "give up"! They appeared to know that it was no use trying to get to him!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":3pcosx8n said:
Seanhawk":3pcosx8n said:
Did you really not know before this? There's a reason for all the fuss. He's a ridiculous football player.
It's the reason I am frustrated with the haters but watching that hammers it home how unique a talent he is. Also his top gear has no term to give it justice.
I don't think anyone here hates Percy. Some of us hate that he has not been playing but we all want to see him on the field in a Seahawk uniform doing the things in that video.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
brimsalabim":rb2dmkac said:
KCHawkGirl":rb2dmkac said:
Seanhawk":rb2dmkac said:
Did you really not know before this? There's a reason for all the fuss. He's a ridiculous football player.
It's the reason I am frustrated with the haters but watching that hammers it home how unique a talent he is. Also his top gear has no term to give it justice.
I don't think anyone here hates Percy. Some of us hate that he has not been playing but we all want to see him on the field in a Seahawk uniform doing the things in that video.
Fair enough even if you're wrong and they do know who they are just like myself.:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Worry is fine but all I have seen is outright hatred based on lies and misinformation like being injured all the time? 3-4 games in 4 YEARS is fragile? Get real.