So now what with the Pac 12???

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Any ideas as to what happens now that
CU jumped ship??

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The optimist in me hopes the Pac 12 can find new colleges to save the conference. But the pragmatist in me says Oregon and Washington are going to jump ship as soon as the Big 12 or Big 10 lets them in, and that'll be the end of the Pac 12.

Larry Scott burned the conference to the ground, and all the college heads that enabled him.

OP
OP
Ostatehawk

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
So sad. The rest will just become the PAC/MWC.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The PAC-4? Each team plays a home and away and then a bunch of non conference games. Frankly don’t care. The conference has pissed me off over the past 40 years, so I will be celebrating its eventual demise.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I've never been a WSU fan, more like a closet fan who only comes out when they're doing well, which isn't very often.

But I feel very badly for them. WSU has one of the most dedicated, faithful fan bases in the region. I once read that despite having less than half the alumni that UW has, WSU fans bought twice the number of collegiate license plates with their emblem than did fans of their big brother.

I'm not an advocate of government intervention into areas they have no business sticking their nose into, but this situation needs some sort of controlling authority to bring a halt to this madness. It's destroying for what many was a big part of their livelihoods.

Boohman14

Reaction score
I've never been a WSU fan, more like a closet fan who only comes out when they're doing well, which isn't very often.

But I feel very badly for them. WSU has one of the most dedicated, faithful fan bases in the region. I once read that despite having less than half the alumni that UW has, WSU fans bought twice the number of collegiate license plates with their emblem than did fans of their big brother.

I'm not an advocate of government intervention into areas they have no business sticking their nose into, but this situation needs some sort of controlling authority to bring a halt to this madness. It's destroying for what many was a big part of their livelihoods.
We are the government, at least in theory. So if WE stick our nose in it it's appropriate.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I feel a bit bad for WSU, but it's really baffling why do many of their fans are pissed off at and blaming UW for this. It isn't UW's fault that WSU needs to ride on the coattails of better programs to maintain relevance, exposure, etc. I don't know why so many of their fans don't get that.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I feel a bit bad for WSU, but it's really baffling why do many of their fans are pissed off at and blaming UW for this. It isn't UW's fault that WSU needs to ride on the coattails of better programs to maintain relevance, exposure, etc. I don't know why so many of their fans don't get that.
I agree on both counts. I feel bad for WSU as their only options are to go to a mid major conference like the MWC or AAC and their recruiting, donations, and fan support is bound to wane. But UW wasn't the ones that pushed over the first domino. Once USC and UCLA left, the conference was doomed, and UW did what they had to do to survive. I'm sure that if UW had their druthers, they would have much rather stayed in the 12 team Pac 12.

OP
OP
Ostatehawk

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
The Furd and Cal to the ACC?

How in the blue F##k does that make any sense? Holy Travel time Batman.

OP
OP
Ostatehawk

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Oh I know - the PAC12 is/was a real shit show from a leadership standpoint. But where were the AD's to stand up??? Apparently, none did.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
OSU and WSU options are dwindling quickly, if they haven't already. If they wait too long, they may only have the option go to Division II (FCS).

OP
OP
Ostatehawk

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Mountain West is most likely - be that by merging or OSU/WSU simply joining. There don't appear to be many other options. There are some financial assets in the PAC which, if I understand correctly, now belong to OSU/WSU which may help ease the pain or make different options possible. I just dont know. I know that this Beaver Alum and all the Cougs I know are gutted over this.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Mountain West is most likely - be that by merging or OSU/WSU simply joining. There don't appear to be many other options. There are some financial assets in the PAC which, if I understand correctly, now belong to OSU/WSU which may help ease the pain or make different options possible. I just dont know. I know that this Beaver Alum and all the Cougs I know are gutted over this.
I think the cougs and osu are going to dominate if they go into the mountain west or other smaller conference they may end up going to.

I think in the long run it will be better for both schools, even though in the short term it may seem like it. The pac-whatever was a poorly run conference for decades that should have been much more powerful nationally then they were.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I really think WSU and OSU are going to be fine. They will be relevant. They go to Mountain West and will immediately make that conference more respectable. If they go to the Big 12, that would be a nice home for them.