So how was the 9er crowd for those at the game?

94Smith

Reaction score
What really sucks is our season ticket holders selling their damn tickets to opposing teams fans. I know several people who only hang onto them to make money. Pisses me off because I’ve been on the waiting list for 10 years and would love going every week making noise for our D.
Yeah I really think there should be a requirement that season ticket holders sit in their own seats for a high percentage of games

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yeah I really think there should be a requirement that season ticket holders sit in their own seats for a high percentage of games

So um did you go to Kaepernick’s last game? Jan 1 2017?

We were all dosing the Sea HAWKS chant all the way down CalTrain and Vta. We got loud on the 49ers offense.When they scored despite this, this poor lady reached back to high five ppl and only poor so was there sporting colors, otherwise all green and blue.

Your fans ain’t necessarily better.

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
It's clear the 12's have mailed it in. From the ho hum 12 flag raisers to the late arriving, apathetic crowd who barely cares to scream and yell, it's pretty bad.
This is an indication I think, among others, that we need a change… deserved or not, we’ve become stale which happens even after a great run (you can add Tomlin from Pittsburgh here too). Pete is washed up. Seriously… time to go Pete… we need innovation, a new approach, and more accountability… and it’s obviously having an impact on the fans. Someone tell Jodi to pick up the white courtesy phone…

knownone

Reaction score
Our stadium is not what it was in our heyday (2003-2014), but Niners fans have been coming in droves for years. And the atmosphere is not nearly as bad as some people think. Again, not close to what it was, but still well above average for the NFL.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Our stadium is not what it was in our heyday (2003-2014), but Niners fans have been coming in droves for years. And the atmosphere is not nearly as bad as some people think. Again, not close to what it was, but still well above average for the NFL.

I would agree with that take. While what we have at Lumen is maybe 50% of what it used to be, it's still better than many stadiums across the country. National media and many opposing players still consider this THE most loudest place to play in the NFL to this day, but that may be more of reputation and history than current reality.

And there have always been a decent share of opposing team fans on gameday, yes, even during the heyday years. The difference now is instead of 10,000 opposing fans there might be 20,000. That's still nearly 50K more Seahawks fans than opposing team fans so to me it's moot.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I was surprised by 9er fans. Their team is doing well. The Hawks need to build a better product out there for fans to be excited, believe and show up. I hope we get things turned around quickly.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
49ers fans travel pretty well since the winning started again in 2019. The Mexico City and LA Rams games were basically home games. The Falcons and Panthers games were 30-40% niners fans.
Oh STFU. I remember looking at a stadium of empty seats before 2019 lol that was just a couple years ago. NFL fandom is strong in Seattle but the team stinks so there’s nothing to yell about guy

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Im surprised so many 9er fans made the trip.

Weekday game just before the holidays.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
What really sucks is our season ticket holders selling their damn tickets to opposing teams fans. I know several people who only hang onto them to make money. Pisses me off because I’ve been on the waiting list for 10 years and would love going every week making noise for our D.
Yep, weak sauce. It was a rare missed game for me, really bad bronchitis the last week and a half. Gave my ticket to my nephew. I flat out refuse to EVER sell to opposing fans, ever.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Yep, weak sauce. It was a rare missed game for me, really bad bronchitis the last week and a half. Gave my ticket to my nephew. I flat out refuse to EVER sell to opposing fans, ever.

Fans really don’t know whom their ticket will go to once they put it on the secondary market. It could just as well end up with a hawks fan that’s on the sth waitlist or those who can’t afford season tickets.

Mad Dog

Reaction score

it's funny how some people think its fine for players to take as much money as they can get but then disparage someone else for doing the same thing.

And it's not like Seahawk fans can't buy those tickets. They are free game. Blame non STH Seahawk fans for letting their stadium get filled by opposing fans.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I would agree with that take. While what we have at Lumen is maybe 50% of what it used to be, it's still better than many stadiums across the country. National media and many opposing players still consider this THE most loudest place to play in the NFL to this day, but that may be more of reputation and history than current reality.

And there have always been a decent share of opposing team fans on gameday, yes, even during the heyday years. The difference now is instead of 10,000 opposing fans there might be 20,000. That's still nearly 50K more Seahawks fans than opposing team fans so to me it's moot.

Yes the vibe at Lumen has changed but that's really a product of the terrible defences over the last few years. If you aren't being effective in helping you D stop the other team, eventually you throw in the towel. Why scream constantly for this D if they continue to miss tackles and let teams march right down the field. Seahawks teams have almost always had good defences and that makes it easy for 12's to get behind. The last 3 years of dysfunctional D has been awful.

Lumen will get rocking again when the D gets rocking again. They are a symbiotic organism.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fans really don’t know whom their ticket will go to once they put it on the secondary market. It could just as well end up with a hawks fan that’s on the sth waitlist or those who can’t afford season tickets.
I don't sell secondary if I can't make a game. One on one sale to a friend or family. And NEVER for more than Face Value. Best way to keep actual Hawks fans in your seats.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I don't sell secondary if I can't make a game. One on one sale to a friend or family. And NEVER for more than Face Value. Best way to keep actual Hawks fans in your seats.

That's fine if you know a lot of folks that want tickets. I know a couple and I'll sell list price to them (whatever that is-- truly does anyone understand the ticket pricing system?) but if I'm missing multiple games, I'm putting them up on the NFL's selling site and hoping to not lose money.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's also a big risk if someone gets in a fight or something at your seat. People have lost their seats over that over the years. Just my personal preference, by I refuse to let apposing fans in my seats. Ever

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

I appreciate the perspective, but if you are on the waiting list or can’t afford or are an out of market fan, the only way to get tickets is if A sth sells.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
It's also a big risk if someone gets in a fight or something at your seat. People have lost their seats over that over the years. Just my personal preference, by I refuse to let apposing fans in my seats. Ever

That's why I use the NFL Ticket exchange. Since it's NFL sponsored and not a third part site, I can always tell the team I was just following their preferred reselling site. And there will be a record of the transaction so they know not to blame me.
Only time I got in trouble with the team was selling to a friend who brought his GF along. She got busted for lighting up in the stands and I got the letter of warning. So even friends can get you in trouble.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I haven't gone to as many games this year as I have in the past (STH since 1997, but mainly due to a life circumstance change) so I have tried selling my tickets to friends and Seahawks fans, even on .NET a few times, with no bites. So I finally end up putting them on the secondary market as I would prefer to get something out of them than nothing at all. Season tickets are not cheap these days so if I have exhausted all attempts to sell them to 12s/friends/family first to no avail, I don't feel bad about putting them on the secondary market.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I haven't gone to as many games this year as I have in the past (STH since 1997, but mainly due to a life circumstance change) so I have tried selling my tickets to friends and Seahawks fans, even on .NET a few times, with no bites. So I finally end up putting them on the secondary market as I would prefer to get something out of them than nothing at all. Season tickets are not cheap these days so if I have exhausted all attempts to sell them to 12s/friends/family first to no avail, I don't feel bad about putting them on the secondary market.

Nor should you.

I just wish they could adjust the NFL Ticket Exchange so I could set two prices: one for the 206 and one for everyone else