Should the "Tush Push" be outlawed ?

Dismas

Reaction score
I swear there is a rule about assisting, or something like that, that reads as if trying to push or pull the ball carrier is a foul, but it never gets called.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
No, I rather it not be outlawed and just the two lines battle it out. It can be stopped and, to my knowledge, hasn't created any season ending injuries...so keep it in the game.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I swear there is a rule about assisting, or something like that, that reads as if trying to push or pull the ball carrier is a foul, but it never gets called.
There used to be a rule about that (assisting the ball carrier)... but not for a long time.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Hard nose, in your face, big boy football. I thought old-heads would like it. It's not getting 100 yards, in a game of inches, when there's literal inches on the line, I think it's a good FOOTBALL play. There's no advantage to the offense. Get your big boys low, create your wall, and -- if you don't like the play, don't let them get close enough to do it.

If it requires a top 3 center in the league to do it, you probably don't need a rule.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Hard nose, in your face, big boy football. I thought old-heads would like it. It's not getting 100 yards, in a game of inches, when there's literal inches on the line, I think it's a good FOOTBALL play. There's no advantage to the offense. Get your big boys low, create your wall, and -- if you don't like the play, don't let them get close enough to do it.

If it requires a top 3 center in the league to do it, you probably don't need a rule.

I think my issue is that the league seems to keep allowing the offense to do more while restricting the defense.

JPatera76

Reaction score
My only issue with it, is after seeing it a few times it seems that the center moves the ball.. which they shouldn’t be. I remember seeing it numerous times this yr and the false start was called 1 time for it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
It'll eventually get outlawed. Some big-time QB will get his knee wrenched and the owners will be falling over themselves to get rid of it.

Until then, enjoy the brief resurgence of real football.