Sherm and Roddy

dunceface

Reaction score
Stephen SeaHawking":1nt1k18o said:
People criticizing Sherman don't really get this team, I think. Seahawks are about pride, toughness, and heart. Sherman's attitude gives the defense swagger; his trash talk makes him accountable for his play. There's a reason we started blowing out teams in the season, and it starts with this mentality of taking everything PERSONAL. The new NFL is a league where all the players want to be friends and gloat about their millions -- Sherman is injecting a spirit of true competitiveness into the league, and it's infecting his teammates.

Some of you, I swear, would be better suited to be 49ers fans.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssss

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
White said. "He has talked himself into a place where he has to play some really good football this year. "
Sherman's in that place all the time anyway, guy. ;)

dunceface

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":27yq0d62 said:
White said. "He has talked himself into a place where he has to play some really good football this year. "

Also thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssss

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
dunceface":1p2lpi8z said:
Lords of Scythia":1p2lpi8z said:

Also thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssss

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis (x2)

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Sherman's teammates like him and what he does enough to allow him to be the "face" of the Legion of Boom. That's good enough for me.

601924_576824365673707_1155628623_n.jpg

Subzero717

Reaction score
Bakergirl":1nroaan9 said:
Sherman's teammates like him and what he does enough to allow him to be the "face" of the Legion of Boom. That's good enough for me.

601924_576824365673707_1155628623_n.jpg

I like it when people post personal fantasies as facts.

IronSaint

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1u98sdwj said:
Cool, it may be petty but I far prefer New Orleans success than Atlanta and I have no good reason to feel that way but it is how I feel.

Well, thank you very much! :mrgreen:

That's exactly how I feel about you guys' (and gals', :lol:) success compared to the 49ers. :th2thumbs:

Hawks46":1u98sdwj said:
Atlanta might be fighting for their playoff lives....they didn't play well against Carolina last year, and NO is going to be better and always plays them tough. TB also did a lot to improve their secondary. That division is going to be tougher for the Falcons to win this year for sure.

Definitely, I'm a little more scared of Tampa's new defense than Atlanta (either side the ball) this year. We didn't do too hot against Carolina last year either but that's always like that, we can sweep the other 2 but split with Carolina. It's infuriating! :pukeface:

Not to mention the events that transpired today, Atlanta might be looking at a 60 burger getting put up on them come September 8th.

JSeahawks":1u98sdwj said:
But he looks kinda scared to come up and try and tackle Beast Mode. He sure is taking the long way around this play. Must be his elderly wisdom.

Now J, you know we're not supposed to bring that up. I want my ring back, you tramp! :cry:

Dirty Bird":1u98sdwj said:
He said Roddy White wasn't a top 100 player on NFL Networks top 100. Even Champ Bailey stepped in and said "this dude talks too much". Kinda like when he said he was better at life than Skip Bayless a shock jock analyst and gave Skip exactly what he wanted. He made himself look even stupider when he said a player who was ranked #39, 11 spots ahead of him wasn't a top 100 player.

You really can't take a list of "top players" that doesn't even have Jimmy Graham on it, too seriously. :roll:

Lords of Scythia":1u98sdwj said:

I'm not your "guy", friend! :lol:

hawker84

Reaction score
IronSaint:

Not to mention the events that transpired today, Atlanta might be looking at a 60 burger getting put up on them come September 8th.

What happened today?? what'd i miss...

IronSaint

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":1cb2glyz said:
Agreed. Among other things but that one really does stick out.

SoulfishHawk":1cb2glyz said:
No doubt, Jimmy Graham?? Really. That guy is incredible.

LOL, iknorite?! I mean, I know he had a bit of a "down" year last year but his production was still pretty high considering he had to have surgery on his wrist. That's what attributed to his multitude of dropped passes. :cry:

hawker84":1cb2glyz said:
What happened today?? what'd i miss...

3 shock jocks at a Atlanta radio station did a mock phone call of one of our former players, Steve Gleason, who is suffering from ALS (also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease). It was a distasteful piece and down right offensive, containing many jokes about him dying among other things. It resulted in a severe backlash of not only our fans, but some Falcon fans calling in to state their displeasure. Justice was however served with all parties involved suspended, and subsequently fired before delivering an apology to the Gleason camp, which Steve graciously accepted.

Googling "Steve Gleason Atlanta 790 The Zone" will bring up multiple stories from different media outlets about the story.

Here's the copy of the audio of the segment in question...

[youtube]BiHKGZjK3XE[/youtube]

Steve issued this statement today...

"Regarding the DJ skit in Atlanta yesterday. I would like to thank the public for their support. 'Defend Team Gleason' now has been officially redefined. Additionally, the DJs have provided genuine apology. Received and accepted. We have all made mistakes in this life. How we learn from our mistakes is the measure of who we are.

I think everyone can learn from this event. It's clear to me that, on a national & global scale, ALS is not understood, which is part of why it's underfunded and largely ignored. In the past 36 hours lots of people have been talking. Let's talk about this... There are zero treatments for ALS. If you take any action as a result of this event, I prefer it to be action to end ALS. See what we are doing to change that @ teamgleason.org. SG"

I'm sure Sir Brees and Sir Payton will have this on their minds come Week 1. :0190l:

cacksman

Reaction score
Really Saint....

You think the missteps of 3 radio hosts in Atlanta is going to give Brees and Co more motivation for week 1?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
cacksman":sny4ebjz said:
Really Saint....

You think the missteps of 3 radio hosts in Atlanta is going to give Brees and Co more motivation for week 1?

I'd say it's more legitimate motivation than most of the motivations used by Richard Sherman. (I love Sherman, though.)

IronSaint

Reaction score
cacksman":2adui5bp said:
Really Saint....

3 radio hosts of the flagship station for the Falcons, absolutely. :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain":2adui5bp said:
I'd say it's more legitimate motivation than most of the motivations used by Richard Sherman. (I love Sherman, though.)

Hell, I dig Sherm's motivations too. :lol:

Dirty Bird

Reaction score
Well to be fair that radio station incident had nothing to do with the team.

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
LMAO at people saying Sherman is a "me-first" kind of player. I don't think there is a bigger cheerleader on our entire team than Sherman. You always see him praising and motivating his team mates. On offense AND defense. He's the kind of guy who players love if he's on your team, and hates if he's not. That doesn't sound like a "me-first" player. He shows respect to those who show him respect. Anyone else can suck themselves. Sherm is a fantastic team mate and leader of our secondary. I wouldn't trade him for anybody.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
OreIdahawk":26y3aior said:
LMAO at people saying Sherman is a "me-first" kind of player. I don't think there is a bigger cheerleader on our entire team than Sherman. You always see him praising and motivating his team mates. On offense AND defense. He's the kind of guy who players love if he's on your team, and hates if he's not. That doesn't sound like a "me-first" player. He shows respect to those who show him respect. Anyone else can suck themselves. Sherm is a fantastic team mate and leader of our secondary. I wouldn't trade him for anybody.

Just watch his interchange with RG3 after the Redskins playoff game; there's respect to go around...