Sherm and Roddy

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Love Sherm but Roddy is damn good. Richard sounds pretty silly to me

cacksman

Reaction score
I REALLY wish we were playing Atlanta in Seattle. Goodness.

formido

Reaction score
We'll see if Atlanta isn't scared leading up to week 10. Easy to talk now when they haven't seen what Seattle is going to do this season. Atlanta lucked out in a lot of games last year. I wouldn't be surprised if they're hanging on for dear life by that point.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
That list is just pure bulletin board material we get Patrick Peterson being hyped as the next Dieon and a 10 year vet that sucks balls on top of having to buy Tillman as better than Sherman while watching Roddy shovel shite? Ridiculous the piper will be paid and the sad thing is the Seahawks don't even have to look for a reason to keep a chip on their shoulder.

I seriously thought week 10 was a loss but not now no way that's going to happen. Just wow!

Worse is that Pitta is on list at all given there 5-6 TE's just as good and 3-4 of those better.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I saw him make those remarks on the Top 100 reaction show. Roddy White has zero trash talking skills. He seems scared when he says stuff and has zero conviction in what he says. He's like that kid in school who gets picked on daily but one day brings his older brother to school and gets to talk trash. He doesn't really know what he's doing.

Also they were talking about how Julio Jones would be nothing without Roddy White and you would think Roddy White would say something to defend his teammate. Nope. Just sat there while everyone was saying that Julio Jones was overrated. His lack of saying something really spoke volumes.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I just think he knows the truth and was doing his best to take the high road by deflecting but came off as false and hollow and knew there was no graceful exit.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2w7qo2mm said:
I saw him make those remarks on the Top 100 reaction show. Roddy White has zero trash talking skills. He seems scared when he says stuff and has zero conviction in what he says. He's like that kid in school who gets picked on daily but one day brings his older brother to school and gets to talk trash. He doesn't really know what he's doing.

Also they were talking about how Julio Jones would be nothing without Roddy White and you would think Roddy White would say something to defend his teammate. Nope. Just sat there while everyone was saying that Julio Jones was overrated. His lack of saying something really spoke volumes.
Funny thing is, Sherman is all praises for Julio. I think Sherman just sees a highly visible button on White and he continues to push it over and over again. I mean, why not? White says he ain't losing no sleep over Sherman but everytime Sherman says something he turns into a little schoolboy trying his best to fight back. Sherm's already in his head and believe me, he'll be losing some sleep come the time he has to face the Seahawks again.

BigMeach

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1vo7u26d said:
bigtrain21":1vo7u26d said:

Funny thing is, Sherman is all praises for Julio. I think Sherman just sees a highly visible button on White and he continues to push it over and over again. I mean, why not? White says he ain't losing no sleep over Sherman but everytime Sherman says something he turns into a little schoolboy trying his best to fight back. Sherm's already in his head and believe me, he'll be losing some sleep come the time he has to face the Seahawks again.

You're damn right. Sherm knows we played against the Falcons this year at least in the regular season. There is also a good chance we play them the post season as well. A good mental player gets in someones head before the game even starts. Then it's all about that first pass to Roddy and how that plays out. If Sherman dominates him that first pass... Game Over.

Bakergirl

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1idb0qwx said:

Not really. Sherman did play opposite him in the playoffs. I'm sure to Sherman based on his experience in that game White isn't top 100.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Bakergirl":h3m9fw31 said:
Missing_Clink":h3m9fw31 said:

Not really. Sherman did play opposite him in the playoffs. I'm sure to Sherman based on his experience in that game White isn't top 100.

I don't think ice cream tastes good. Based on my experience its not something good.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
BigMeach":p3lsjszq said:
-The Glove-":p3lsjszq said:
bigtrain21":p3lsjszq said:

You're damn right. Sherm knows we played against the Falcons this year at least in the regular season. There is also a good chance we play them the post season as well. A good mental player gets in someones head before the game even starts. Then it's all about that first pass to Roddy and how that plays out. If Sherman dominates him that first pass... Game Over.

Groan... 'Game Over'? after that first pass? Not quite.

themunn

Reaction score
-The Glove-":gz5emunm said:
bigtrain21":gz5emunm said:

Absolutely no doubt. Sherman is getting exactly the reaction he wants from White, and come week 10 if there's a few more pass breakups and "you crazy to throw my way my brotha" finger wagging/insane implying then White will lose it.
White caught 1 pass when the ball was thrown Sherman's way... and that was a blown coverage by Kam.
The article a few weeks ago implied that Sherman "failed" just once in 11 coverage snaps against Whute.
http://presnapreads.com/2013/05/16/rich ... e-verdict/
I'm sure Sherman isn't even THINKING of White when he goes to sleep, let alone losing any

Tical21

Reaction score
Sherm actually had deep third on that play, he got burned, bad. Then to come out and dis Roddy? Sherm would look better by praising Roddy, saying something like "if he beat me, he must be good." Instead he comes off like a punk, as is becoming far too common for my tastes. Sherm isn't in Roddy's head. Roddy took him to school, as he does every corner in the league on nearly a weekly basis. Roddy truly believes in his soul that none of Sherm, nor any other corners in the league can stop him. Sherm is in his head? Be real. Roddy is in Sherm's head.

Atlanta is going to make a point to beat Sherm deep again, which is probably exactly what Sherm is hoping for. Just be careful what you wish for Sherm, Atlanta's deep game is just about as good as it gets. Get cute out there and they'll make you pay. Love Sherm, love his game, but he's crossing that line between funny and embarrassing.

kearly

Reaction score
Tical21":l1j1fe3h said:
Sherm actually had deep third on that play, he got burned, bad. Then to come out and dis Roddy? Sherm would look better by praising Roddy, saying something like "if he beat me, he must be good." Instead he comes off like a punk, as is becoming far too common for my tastes. Sherm isn't in Roddy's head. Roddy took him to school, as he does every corner in the league on nearly a weekly basis. Roddy truly believes in his soul that none of Sherm, nor any other corners in the league can stop him. Sherm is in his head? Be real. Roddy is in Sherm's head.

Atlanta is going to make a point to beat Sherm deep again, which is probably exactly what Sherm is hoping for. Just be careful what you wish for Sherm, Atlanta's deep game is just about as good as it gets. Get cute out there and they'll make you pay. Love Sherm, love his game, but he's crossing that line between funny and embarrassing.

Good post. I don't really feel that White got the better of Sherman though. He beat him one time all game, and had Chancellor supported better it would have been zero times. I do think that White is in Sherman's head though, just because you know he has to be bitter about how embarrassing that TD looked. Sherman is also in White's head- it's obvious by the way White has reacted to him.

I know that Sherman and White both come off looking pretty childish from this stuff, but I love it. We need more "rivalry" situations across the league and the Falcons seem like a good candidate.

themunn

Reaction score
Tical21":matvj497 said:
Sherm is in his head? Be real. Roddy is in Sherm's head.

Sherman isn't the one that said he wasn't going to talk about White then change tune completely and bring him up when he's asked which corner he likes to face the most. He's in his head no doubt. Even before the game White was the one calling out Sherman rather than vice versa

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... in-league/

And when exactly did a 5 catch 76 yard performance become any sort of schooling.
Every corner gets beat once or twice - Champ Bailey is one of the greatest corners of all time and Torrey Smith made him look a fool... twice
Maybe Sherman WAS beaten... but he was supposed to have help over the top and that didn't come, had Kam been on the ball White would have ended that game with less than 30 yards. Aside from one catch he was a non-entity all game because Sherman had him in his back pocket - he didn't catch a single ball in the second half. If that makes Roddy happy then so be it

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Tical21":39gvx5ep said:

Let me guess, when you played baseball you were the kind of guy that struck out 10 times in a row against a pitcher and then on the 11th you hit a HR and felt like you owned him.

I think you are making too much out of it. They asked him if he thought Roddy White deserves to be top 100 and Sherman gave an honest answer. Was he misguided? Maybe. But he is still entitled to his opinion and he gave it. He didn't go overboard. He just said he wasn't in the top 100.

They played his response and had Roddy White on the reaction show as a host. Basically, the other hosts kissed Roddy's butt and baited him into making statements about Sherman. I don't think Roddy is a bad guy, but he was clearly out of his element. He tried to talk some trash and he was the one that said the stupid things. Then the other hosts throw Julio Jones under the bus by saying he wouldn't be anyone without Roddy and what does Roddy do? He sits there and let's them talk crap about his teammate. He said nothing to defend him. Do you think Sherman would have sat there and let them talk bad about any one of his teammates? The answer is a resounding no. He would never do that. The person who came off bad on this is Roddy.

Whether Sherman got beat bad as you say or he was supposed to have over the top help to me is not really that important. He brings it every game and he backs up his talk. If Atlanta wants to change their gameplan to try to take deep shots down the field at him then that is not in their best interest. What they should be doing is whatever gameplan gives their offense the most points. If taking deep shots down the field against cornerbacks gives them the most points then so be it, we won't be the only team they are trying that against.

dunceface

Reaction score
Roddy has always been a favorite of mine because he quietly does his job very well, but it just doesn't translate well for him when he's tryin to talk shit with one of the best shit talkers out there and just can't hang. He knows the only thing he has on Sherman is that TD but anyone that actually watched that game knows the score and I personally can't wait to see round 2!