Shawn Alexander 2.0

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Tell that to the analysts that’s where I got the comp
...And? Analyst get things wrong all of the time. He's got a nice cutback but that is where the similarities end. He runs through contract and he can and does truck people, sometimes even looks for contact. I'd argue that Charbonnet is more similar to Marshawn Lynch than Shaun Alexander.

Now, Raashad Penny on the other hand, he was A LOT like Alexander in style, build and athleticism. Alexander had a deceptive speed that almost lulled defenders into complacency. He'd look like he was moving slow, then all of the sudden was way ahead of everyone. It a second gear that was quite unlike most backs i've seen. Charbonnet doesn't have that. Charbonnet is also not afraid to seek out contact.

It's not a good comparison, Alexander and Charbonnet.

nanomoz

Reaction score
They both have good vision and great feet, I guess. Alexander's vision was elite, I'd say.

I think Matt Forte is a better comp.

Mick063

Reaction score
His running style is nothing like Shaun Alexander's.
Someone mentioned Chris Warren the other day. Man. If turns out to be like Chris Warren, then the RB room is as good as any in the league. I'll be even happier if Mcintosh is a dangerous kick returner. Anything beyond that is too good to be true.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Someone mentioned Chris Warren the other day. Man. If turns out to be like Chris Warren, then the RB room is as good as any in the league. I'll be even happier if Mcintosh is a dangerous kick returner. Anything beyond that is too good to be true.
i could see that one.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
IMHO I feel Mcintosh could be as good as either KW3 or ZC. I feel this running back room has easy potential to be the best in league. This should give Pete what he wants as far as ball control and it should help open up the passing game which is also top of league. The only question mark is front line. IMHO it should be even better than last year and the potential to be top 15.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
As long as he doesn't fold like a lawn chair when pursued by defense.
1,880 yards.
5 Touchdowns against the BiQueens IN ONE HALF GAME, and NO, not all his breakaway runs were to the LEFT SIDE.
How many other Historic Seahawks RB's were almost AUTOMATIC in the Red Zone as Alexander?
As much as I loved Marshawn Lynch's Power Runs, he never came close to SA in the Red Zone Touchdowns.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IMHO I feel Mcintosh could be as good as either KW3 or ZC. I feel this running back room has easy potential to be the best in league. This should give Pete what he wants as far as ball control and it should help open up the passing game which is also top of league. The only question mark is front line. IMHO it should be even better than last year and the potential to be top 15.
TOP 5, Book It!

CPHawk

Reaction score
1,880 yards.
5 Touchdowns against the BiQueens IN ONE HALF GAME, and NO, not all his breakaway runs were to the LEFT SIDE.
How many other Historic Seahawks RB's were almost AUTOMATIC in the Red Zone as Alexander?
As much as I loved Marshawn Lynch's Power Runs, he never came close to SA in the Red Zone Touchdowns.
I think that was a complaint by fans. He ran super hard inside the 20, but would avoid contact if possible outside the red zone.

balakoth

Reaction score
I think that was a complaint by fans. He ran super hard inside the 20, but would avoid contact if possible outside the red zone.
A Complaint made by people who have never been hit by a 300 lb dt or 230 lb lber...
Man had longevitiy and success because of his style.. people who fault that.. are delusional to football longevity