Shane Waldron breaks down Lock's film from his time with the Broncos

Jville

Reaction score

Interesting to hear from the man who will be working with Drew and what he thinks.

Timely find. Thanks for posting. I'll give you five thumbs up for timely current interest post of the day! (y)
(y)(y)(y)(y)

hoxrox

Reaction score
Nice film session. According to this, Lock doesn't necessarily fold under pressure, but instead is able to stand tall in the pocket and make the strike down field.

Also thought it was interesting that he was able to beat two split safeties by hitting the TE Fant on the seam route... something we're not used to seeing.

This film is encouraging. Maybe he's not totally terrible as some are making him out to be.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I think that many here have been (& maybe continuing) to using Russel Wilson style of Quarterback as the Measure for what the Seahawks must have @ Signal Caller, (or a reasonable facsimile thereof) to succeed & I think that Stafford's style of play last year has pretty much proven that to be an absolute fallacy.
Wilson has done moved on, & I'm ready to do the same.

toffee

Reaction score
I might be reading into this too much. I did notice that Waldron did say "stand tall in the pocket."
I like to think all QB need to stand tall in the pocket, that's the pocket presence and not panic or crouch.

TasteTheBeastmode

Reaction score
The play they break down at 3:35 perfectly illustrates the Seahawks fan base split over Russell Wilson.

A blitzer has a free run at the QB and it's the classic scenario where Danger Russ spins out of the pocket buys 5 more seconds and throws a TD pass. Seahawks fans go nuts about how special Russ is, proclaim only Russ can make that play, and later bitch about how the Seahawks can't build a line to protect him.

Lock stood in the pocket, had the height to throw OVER the blitzing LB, had the ball out of his hand in less than TWO SECONDS, and threw a TD.

There's a much more pedestrian way to get things done than Wilson often does.

Frozenropers1

Reaction score
That film shows Lock has NFL talent and arm strength. Consistency will be what Waldron needs to pull out of him In order for him to succeed here.

Jville

Reaction score
They are already at work on putting together the 2022 offense .............

Xdhci8cfn1x1ooql1ryq
Xuy27q6pnaxpe9csf8dw

........................... looks like the makings of a nice overhand throw.

Last edited:

toffee

Reaction score
They are already at work on putting together the 2022 offense .............

Xdhci8cfn1x1ooql1ryq
Xuy27q6pnaxpe9csf8dw

........................... looks like the makings of a nice overhand throw.
This is make it break for both QBs, especially for Lock.

OP
OP
JPatera76

JPatera76

Reaction score
The play they break down at 3:35 perfectly illustrates the Seahawks fan base split over Russell Wilson.

A blitzer has a free run at the QB and it's the classic scenario where Danger Russ spins out of the pocket buys 5 more seconds and throws a TD pass. Seahawks fans go nuts about how special Russ is, proclaim only Russ can make that play, and later bitch about how the Seahawks can't build a line to protect him.

Lock stood in the pocket, had the height to throw OVER the blitzing LB, had the ball out of his hand in less than TWO SECONDS, and threw a TD.

There's a much more pedestrian way to get things done than Wilson often does.

the bold part.. The Russell we've been watching the last couple years went from spins out of the pocket buys 5 seconds and throw for a first/td/or run .. is now a
spin out of the pocket, take a sack. Spin out of the pocket into the defender and linemen. Spin out of the pocket throw away to the stands. Spin out of the pocket and immediately drop to the ground in the fetal position giving himself up... And last year it felt like he gave himself up a lot when he spun out or dropped back.

toffee

Reaction score
the bold part.. The Russell we've been watching the last couple years went from spins out of the pocket buys 5 seconds and throw for a first/td/or run .. is now a
spin out of the pocket, take a sack. Spin out of the pocket into the defender and linemen. Spin out of the pocket throw away to the stands. Spin out of the pocket and immediately drop to the ground in the fetal position giving himself up... And last year it felt like he gave himself up a lot when he spun out or dropped back.
Got to protect that body, need good body for trade value. What is so hard to support our franchise QB.

keasley45

Reaction score
Nice film session. According to this, Lock doesn't necessarily fold under pressure, but instead is able to stand tall in the pocket and make the strike down field.

Also thought it was interesting that he was able to beat two split safeties by hitting the TE Fant on the seam route... something we're not used to seeing.

This film is encouraging. Maybe he's not totally terrible as some are making him out to be.
I saw the seam throw as well. Would be nice to threaten a defense with those routes.

GemCity

Reaction score
It’s great to be optimistic and point out the flaws in the previous QB. We all got tired of Groundhog Day (the roll outs, sacks, not throwing up the middle or check downs, etc.) football at some point. And while I would love to see us win a ton of games this year….Lock is not the answer.

I believe that most of you DO look at this as what it is…a stop gap. You remain positive, optimistic about the unknown, cling to hope. Perhaps most of this thread treads along that idea.

I fully expect us to draft our future QB next year and for Lock to be sub-par. Perhaps below average or worse. We have the sample size to prove it.

We DO have a bright future ahead as it appears PC and JS are back in “mode”. Exciting times ahead.

Rosco

Reaction score
It’s great to be optimistic and point out the flaws in the previous QB. We all got tired of Groundhog Day (the roll outs, sacks, not throwing up the middle or check downs, etc.) football at some point. And while I would love to see us win a ton of games this year….Lock is not the answer.

I believe that most of you DO look at this as what it is…a stop gap. You remain positive, optimistic about the unknown, cling to hope. Perhaps most of this thread treads along that idea.

I fully expect us to draft our future QB next year and for Lock to be sub-par. Perhaps below average or worse. We have the sample size to prove it.

We DO have a bright future ahead as it appears PC and JS are back in “mode”. Exciting times ahead.
Tell us about this sample size.