SF Trades For Gabbert

Guardian

Reaction score
HawksSoc":1h5x0837 said:
The LOB; 'Gabbert is going where?'

1385490_hyena-pack-spots-photographer_hwwyxckihmhvobi7tlbfpyio27ncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_610x455.jpg
I just sprayed soda all over the screen laughing at this! :lol:

DavidSeven

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":2yozdg35 said:
Laloosh":2yozdg35 said:
DavidSeven":2yozdg35 said:
Gabbert is trash. Gus is doing us a solid.

I dunno. All he's got to do is avoid three turnovers in a single quarter of the NFCC to be an improvement over their current QB.

couldnt have said it better myself. cant let kaepernick get too comfortable.. he probably thinks he'll be the next 100m dollar QB. as bad as gabbert was, he was arguably in an even worse spot than alex smith was when he was introduced to the niners.. harbaugh work your magic!

There have been days where I thought Gabbert was legitimately worse than Tim Tebow. Kap isn't going to be afraid of this guy lol.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1naubgr6 said:
FriscosFinest":1naubgr6 said:
Laloosh":1naubgr6 said:
DavidSeven":1naubgr6 said:

I dunno. All he's got to do is avoid three turnovers in a single quarter of the NFCC to be an improvement over their current QB.

couldnt have said it better myself. cant let kaepernick get too comfortable.. he probably thinks he'll be the next 100m dollar QB. as bad as gabbert was, he was arguably in an even worse spot than alex smith was when he was introduced to the niners.. harbaugh work your magic!

There have been days where I thought Gabbert was legitimately worse than Tim Tebow. Kap isn't going to be afraid of this guy lol.

oh absolutely. im not saying gabbert is a threat to take the job, cause that would be absurd. im just saying that gabbert has potential, and thats all harbaugh needs to groom somebody. so kaepernick needs to become the REAL qb, and not just some dynamic play maker who cant win the damn ball game.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Harbaugh must like him I guess. He does seem to have a knack for making something out of QB's.He must think he has potential. Certainly seems like an out of nowhere move. They don't really have a need there and its not like they can't use one of there plethora of picks to nab a QB in the draft for a back up.

Laloosh

Reaction score
quote="FriscosFinest"]
DavidSeven":qupm5vg8 said:
FriscosFinest":qupm5vg8 said:
Laloosh":qupm5vg8 said:
DavidSeven":qupm5vg8 said:

oh absolutely. im not saying gabbert is a threat to take the job, cause that would be absurd. im just saying that gabbert has potential, and thats all harbaugh needs to groom somebody. so kaepernick needs to become the REAL qb, and not just some dynamic play maker who cant win the damn ball game.[/quote

I think my sarcasm was lost in translation...

Marvin49

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":hq4i38b3 said:
LOLLLL @ niners fans trying to justify this trade. Please, please stop.

uh...why justify anything?

6th rounder for a posible backup QB? May not even make the team.

Not sure what exactly needs to be justified. Not every move is intended to be a starter.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2753hu49 said:
LOLLLL @ niners fans trying to justify this trade. Please, please stop.

im sure you could tell an NFL GM a thing or two about trades huh?

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Gabbert will never start again in the NFL. They could have used that pick on someone that may have had a shot. Terrible.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 5m
Probably not a good idea for Blaine Gabbert's self-esteem to read Twitter.

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing 7m
Jax GM David Caldwell takes early lead for Exec of Year, getting a 6 for Blaine Gabbert.

davidonmi

Reaction score
a 6 seems a bit much. But they have 14 picks anyway, and if they think Gabbert can be their backup the move is fine

Jville

Reaction score
Well, the price was attractive. A 6th round pick, of which they have a surplus, for a $2 mil contract.

Chapow

Reaction score
Wow, Gabbert has been about as bad as it gets at the QB position in the NFL.

I mean, with McCoy i'd say the 9ers still had a shot if Kap went down. With Gabbert? No shot. None.

Jville

Reaction score
As a side note, San Francisco would once again seem to have launched a head start on owning more former #1 draft choices than any other NFL team.

That seems to be something of a foundation for 49er personnel.