Seattle Sounders 2017 season thread

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3am4vrdv said:
...about last season and us parking the bus.
Did we actually "officially" park the bus last year? I don't really remember it that way, but I was, er, drinking at the time. I certainly don't remember us bombing forward on a maniacal goal-hunt, but I don't think we were playing for the 0-0 tie until extras at the earliest.

For me, losing to Portland would have been much worse. While I respect that for the most part, the Timbers aren't an MLS chop 'n flop outfit, Caleb Porter is about as pleasant as a dime-sized hemorrhoid.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Most point to no shots at goal but honestly we did what we had to do to win. If the shoe was on the other foot Toronto fans wouldn't be saying crap. I hope to god its not pens on Saturday, don't think my nerves could take it.

Porter is gone, so you can breathe :)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
It's MLS cup day....Go Sounders! Schmetzer has a tough decision regarding Nouhou and Rodriguez. I hope he can find a way to play both. Both deserve to play in this one as they have had tremendous impact for the team to get to this spot.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Congrats to Toronto. The clearly better team won tonight. Seattle looked like they had no clue what they were doing out there.

knownone

Reaction score
Altidore was clearly offsides on his goal... that said Seattle was severely outclassed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
253hawk":1uv4jre5 said:
Didn't even look close to onside.

FbYp9h0
Caught the last half, but how can the officials miss that?????

From what I saw though the ball was always the wrong end and the Sounders had very few shots on goal.

My condolences to the very faithful Sounders fanbase.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
That was piss poor. We didnt show up and our midfield got bossed. Nouhou/morris should have been on at half time for bruin/rodriguez. Thats on schmetzer for leaving it so late.

Felt like we played scared. Yes their first may have been offside but we were never gonna score. Was toronto chance after chance

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Really bad call. Not only was he off when the ball was played but he cane back from a deep offside position to get where he was.

Toronto played real well though. Was disappointed in Seattle’s transition attack, considering they seemed set up to defend deep. Decent game plan considering no Alonso and given Toronto was always going to come out strong, but Seattle never broke from their deep positions

253hawk

Reaction score
Yeah I have no problem with Toronto winning because it looked like the Sounders completely forgot how to play and were getting worked...I think it was 20:5 shots on goal when I turned it off. But if that goal was reviewed properly, the game probably goes into OT at least and then it's anyone's match.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Sounders really picked the worst possible day to have their worst game since Leerdam's arrival. Did anybody on the team have a decent game other than Frei? Torres, maybe.

The reffing was definitely one-sided throughout, but not out of line with what you would expect in MLS. About half of home field advantage comes from favorable reffing, after all. So many wooden touches, weird passes and unforced errors make it hard for me to focus in on the reffing much, though, even with an offside goal.

Nico played what was surely his worst match as a Sounder, Victor was invisible and JJ's out the door to Germany. Sucks.