Seattle Mariners @ Milwaukie Bewers Apr 5-7

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Doesn't look like Hancock is quite ready for the big leagues just yet.

That being said, a missed call (that would have been strike 3 and ended the inning) cost him 2 runs in the first, and Polanco bobbling what should have been a double play cost him another run in the 2nd.
He wasn't supposed to be up yet but yes he's likely not ready to stay
in the bigs and maybe never will as a starter.
The fact he lost the heater from college makes it harder to pitch because
he's not a pin point control pitcher.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
He wasn't supposed to be up yet but yes he's likely not ready to stay
in the bigs and maybe never will as a starter.
The fact he lost the heater from college makes it harder to pitch because
he's not a pin point control pitcher.
Yeah I was hoping for better but I think the Covid year and injuries have really set him back. He’s already 24 years old, if he’s not ready now, then when?

Might be better suited for the pen.

Overall the team looks very underwhelming. It’s early, but we say that every season. And when you miss the playoffs by a game or two, you can look back to all the slow starts this team has.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I know they suck. But I'll still watch them, I'll go to 3 or 4 home games and get disappointed at the end of the season. It's part of being an M's fan. I stick with them no matter what. That's my choice.

cymatica

Reaction score

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They suck every April - Not sure why this is a surprise to anyone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yep. Low expectations going in. I'm not surprised at all. We all fan how we want, and with this team, it really varies :LOL:

I've never heard of Stockholm Syndrome. I pull for the M's, thru thick and thin. And my expectations are low this year. It's not some huge mystery or syndrome. I love baseball. I just wish my team cared about winning more. I've been watching since 77, it's not gonna' stop. Until they do something to prove they have championships in mind, I don't believe one thing ownership tries to tell us. It's not the players' fault ownership is a joke and refuses to do what it takes. I suspect it would be VERY frustrating to be a player on the M's.

And let's be real here, does anyone think this is a good baseball team? I certainly don't.

Last edited:

cymatica

Reaction score
Yep. Low expectations going in. I'm not surprised at all. We all fan how we want, and with this team, it really varies :LOL:

I've never heard of Stockholm Syndrome. I pull for the M's, thru thick and thin. And my expectations are low this year. It's not some huge mystery or syndrome. I love baseball. I just wish my team cared about winning more. I've been watching since 77, it's not gonna' stop. Until they do something to prove they have championships in mind, I don't believe one thing ownership tries to tell us. It's not the players' fault ownership is a joke and refuses to do what it takes. I suspect it would be VERY frustrating to be a player on the M's.

And let's be real here, does anyone think this is a good baseball team? I certainly don't.

Pop culture often portrays Stockholm syndrome in scenarios where kidnapping survivors fall in love with, express sympathy for or conspire alongside their captors. One infamous example occurred in 1974 when a group of domestic terrorists kidnapped 19-year-old American media heiress Patty Hearst.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
It's not really Stockholm Syndrome anyway, it's more like battered spouse syndrome. ;)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We're Mariners fans, we're used to pain. Is this news? We're used to the same sh** every damn season. That's not news, that not a syndrome. That's reality.