Seattle at Green Bay

PackerNation

Reaction score
Even though tomorrow nights game matters not, Good luck and I hope both teams remain injury free. The real Seahawks vs. Packers game will take place in the NFCCG again at Lambeau as the #1 offense led by Aaron Rodgers takes on the #1 defense.

Until that day, I wish Seattle the best.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Best to you as well. But the NFCCG will be played here.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
Ouch!

Green bay will always be hard to beat in Green bay. Home of the certified Packer Backers. This will mbe a fun game.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No shot? Come on man. We all love our Hawks, but at Lambeau Field, that team has a shot against anyone. Oh yeah, and they are pretty damn good, especially their QB.
We are capable of beating anyone, but in the Playoffs, you need that home field.
I remember a lot of people saying that Atlanta didn't have a shot against us and our physical D. Still gotta' play the games.

themunn

Reaction score
the number 1 offense and the number 1 defense will be playing at CenturyLink Field this year I'll have you know.

10 times

Hawker

Reaction score
If the Hawks don't lock down HFA throughout the playoffs, the one and only place I would fret about playing is g'damn Lambeau.

OP: We'll give your "#1" offense a run for it's money this season. In Russell we trust. But yes, let's have an injury-free game tomorrow and try it again sometime in the playoffs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
PackerNation":3au4d6sn said:
Even though tomorrow nights game matters not, Good luck and I hope both teams remain injury free. The real Seahawks vs. Packers game will take place in the NFCCG again at Lambeau as the #1 offense led by Aaron Rodgers takes on the #1 defense.

Rodgers is arguably the best QB in the league, but I think the Packers took a step back in 2013 and are going to have a rough year.

You guys lost Jennings, and now Nelson might be out a while (or at least not 100% for some time). Combine that with Bulaga being gone on an already thin O-Line, a suspect run game and a brutal division where both the Vikings and Bears look to be improved...........could spell trouble.

This is the NFL, so you never know, but IMO the Packers are a good team, but not great anymore, and will be struggling for a wildcard.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Welcome to the board, Packer. You're wrong about one thing, though; the Seahawks are getting the #1 seed this year. You're going to have to throw in our rain, and it'll be disastrous for you. :devil:

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
The OP sure sounded cleverly delivered by his left hand. A pejorative disguised as a well wish. The injury-free thing is sincere, of course. But, the rest of it is completely disingenuous. I don't buy it. Sorry. There's a superiority complex laced throughout the intent. There can be a viciousness even when a person sounds polite enough.

Packer fans must hope beyond hope that they wouldn't have to face the Seahawks at Centurylink. How very arrogant to come into our site and post that the upcoming season will essentially matter not because it will end without a championship. I take umbrage to that remark, fella. Are you sure it's ok if the Seahawks grace the same field Friday night?

Yes, I'm grumpy. The Seahawks and us fans want a championship. It's our time. I'm tired of listening to others step on our parade. Right now... it's a parade because of the launch point of last season into this one.

Go Hawks!

sutz

Reaction score
themunn":1q77225l said:
the number 1 offense and the number 1 defense will be playing at CenturyLink Field this year I'll have you know.

10 times
Actually 12. ;)

I know, pre season doesn't count, but they are games.

:mrgreen:

the ditch

Reaction score
Do Seahawks fans really care about the Packers? I mean are there Seahawks fans going over to Packer message boards and starting threads with no content? I'd say we have a bigger rivalry with the Bears in the NFC North just because we've played them so much lately, I couldn't care less about the Packers.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
the ditch":1d5qgdja said:
Do Seahawks fans really care about the Packers? I mean are there Seahawks fans going over to Packer message boards and starting threads with no content? I'd say we have a bigger rivalry with the Bears in the NFC North just because we've played them so much lately, I couldn't care less about the Packers.

No, I'd say the rivalry is about 80/20 on the Packers side due to the Fail Mary last year.

Most Packers fans are cool, but they have a lot of fans that have an air of superiority about them, like it's their god given right to be NFL darlings due to their long history in the league. Which is why they were so crushed when the call went in our favor last year. They were shocked because they haven't ever been on the short end of the stick very often like other "less deserving" teams.

THAT'S where all the venom came from last year, and now this year with this game. Packer fans are still smarting over getting kicked in the junk by the league. HOW DARE THEY NOT OVERTURN SUCH AN UNJUST CALL ON THE PACKERS!

Largent80

Reaction score
If the Hawks play in the C.Game in Lambeau that means they had to win the majority of their road games, so I would not be too comfy with this Hawk team coming to town.

OP
OP
PackerNation

PackerNation

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":hjj0xh6l said:
PackerNation":hjj0xh6l said:
Rodgers is arguably the best QB in the league, but I think the Packers took a step back in 2013 and are going to have a rough year.

I would say he is currently the best QB in the NFL. His problem may be staying upright all year (again) with a rookie LT "learning" how to play. Packer OL has not been the best year in and year out but the Packers still have a winning record since he took over. Having Lacy at RB will help us out. He should be able to increase some respect for the run game.

You guys lost Jennings, and now Nelson might be out a while (or at least not 100% for some time). Combine that with Bulaga being gone on an already thin O-Line, a suspect run game and a brutal division where both the Vikings and Bears look to be improved...........could spell trouble.

Jennings did not really play all that much last year and nor did Nelson.......We have guys that can fill in and Cobb and Boykin could be All Pro's this year. Cobb is very very good. Still wish we had a big WR to throw to (Bolden) but Jones will have to do.

Vikings have Ponder and he sucks. Plus they lost Harvin.
Bears are learning a new system and their defense is old. They won't contend for anything but rather play spoiler.

We will win the division again but will run into problems when we play the 49ers or the Seahawks. Teams that have, tough and physical defenses.

It's a long season and I do not expect perfection, but I fully expect us to play you guys when it matters. It will be a great victory for us! :D

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
PackerNation":34pnizzb said:

I respect your position and your post.
Considering how many times Aaron got put on his butt in our last game, do you really think it is in your team's best interest to expose him to that kind of treatment in the heightened intensity of a playoff game?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
The #1 offense and #1 defense of 2013 will be playing at Lambeau tomorrow, happily they will both be located on the visitors side of the field. Here is to no injuries and cheers. :thirishdrinkers:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":bb4sb07e said:
PackerNation":bb4sb07e said:

Considering how many times Aaron got put on his butt in our last game, do you really think it is in your team's best interest to expose him to that kind of treatment in the heightened intensity of a playoff game?

Heightened intensity of a playoff game? LOL. Maybe to fans, but I guarantee you the players aren't treating it that way.

Not saying both teams won't play hard for a quarter or two, but no way in hell either team will risk injury or give away plays/schemes that they'd use in the regular season vs. pre-season.

The hype for this game is about 90% fan/media induced, and 10% player. Maybe even more fan/media.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Thanks for your post. Was nice to read a post from a non Hawk fan that didn't try to start a fight. I fully understand your love of your fav team. That being said, I don't see the Packers making the NFC championship game. I do have a crystal ball by the way.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jpnmuq9e said:
LudwigsDrummer":jpnmuq9e said:
PackerNation":jpnmuq9e said:

Heightened intensity of a playoff game? LOL. Maybe to fans, but I guarantee you the players aren't treating it that way.

Not saying both teams won't play hard for a quarter or two, but no way in hell either team will risk injury or give away plays/schemes that they'd use in the regular season vs. pre-season.

The hype for this game is about 90% fan/media induced, and 10% player. Maybe even more fan/media.
His post was in response to PackerNation's NFCCG post.