This Week's Enemy Fan Forums: The Green Bay Packers

hawker84

Reaction score
First off I wanted to say thank you to BlueThunder for posting these week in week out. I appreciate you taking the time for posters like me that like to read the opposing fans opinions of the upcoming match up.

Having done so, I ran across this and it gave me pause.

"I love the way GB's Defense has kept both Murray & Mahomes contained and not running for miles... hopefully they keep the same mind-set & force Wilson to throw from inside the pocket, over our 6'-3" to 6'-5" front 5"

It amazes me that here we are ten years later and people still think Wilson is too short to operate efficiently in the pocket. Especially a GB fan who sees Wilson play against GB every year seems like.

I wonder what his batted balls Stats are and in pocket completion percentage is in comparison to some of the 6'4" - 6'5" qbs in the league. Be interesting to see.

Granted it effects visibility as far as short middle passing to a degree which may explain why we don't do that a whole lot, but a 5'10" qb needs passing lanes just like a 6'4" qb needs passing lanes.

Just found it interesting that this is still the take on Wilson after all these years.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
I might be concerned if the GB "front 5" were also 6' 5" wide.
Otherwise, dream on Green Bay Packer fans.