Seatlle Mariners vs Philadelphia Phillies 5/9-5/11

sutz

Reaction score
Coming off of a much needed win over the Rays.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Flexen on the hill tonight. If we can score 5 runs or so we might get him a win.

balakoth

Reaction score
This team.. like really"? Flexen looks like a one year fluke... at least we possibly get kirby to replace brash.. now we need two more pitchers

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Julio has 75% of the teams hits at this point in the game. 3-3. Sad team effort.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The writing was on the wall before the season started. Which is why most advanced projections had us right around 80-85 wins with about a 20% chance at making the playoffs.

Now it’s just playing out in front of us. I am a bit surprised the offense is as bad as it is. I’m so done with watching Kelenic. He plays a pretty nice outfield but he is beyond awful at the plate. At this point I’ll be happy if he can be a solid everyday 8 hole hitter.

Likely another wasted season. And if they do turn it around, decent chance they miss the playoffs but a few games and we look back to the start of the season as to why.

At times I think I hate the Mariners more than anything else.

Crizilla

Reaction score
M's have not had a legit offense since Lou was here. There's been borderline nothing since Lou. Flexen has been pretty decent can't blame him for finally slipping up. It's the offense. Being a pitcher and knowing you HAVE to be great every start wears on you. Our catcher situation with Murphy hurt is probably the worst in the league.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
M's have not had a legit offense since Lou was here. There's been borderline nothing since Lou. Flexen has been pretty decent can't blame him for finally slipping up. It's the offense. Being a pitcher and knowing you HAVE to be great every start wears on you. Our catcher situation with Murphy hurt is probably the worst in the league.
And Murphy is going to regress when he comes back, he isn’t keeping that pace up. Before the start of the season we needed at least one more infield bat and one more starting pitcher. The front office just isn’t serious about winning.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This team needs to seriously consider moving on from Servais after this season if things keep going this way

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Better start, at least. Early 2-0 lead and Ray throwing more like a Cy Young winner.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Getting some breaks tonight, and actually scored 3 runs on them. :)

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Munoz with the hold. 3-2 bottom 6. Needs some run support guys. Ray still up for the win if they can seal the deal. 5.2 innings, 10 Ks, 2 runs. 104 chucks.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Does it ever bother you guys that they pull pitchers so soon now days? I would have liked to see them let Robbie finish out that last inning and get his 'quality start'. The 100 pitch count for starters kinda bothers me. I remember Randy Johnson going well over that, and often. And many others before him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Does it ever bother you guys that they pull pitchers so soon now days? I would have liked to see them let Robbie finish out that last inning and get his 'quality start'. The 100 pitch count for starters kinda bothers me. I remember Randy Johnson going well over that, and often. And many others before him.
It does bother me @ the MLB level.

I think pitch counts are good for little league, select leagues, high school, and college to save arms.

I remember Randy Johnson pitching 140 pitch complete games, then pitching 130 pitches next time out, and he pitched for 20+ years in the bigs.

balakoth

Reaction score
These umps need to go...

Ejected dude on a bad call.. check swing
Then literally calls the two worst strikes of the evening
Way to drop it Adam

balakoth

Reaction score
Robo umps would be great, then most of these guys can go call college games for 20k a year

balakoth

Reaction score
I wll add I love how Julio was doing GREAT at 3 hole.. and they move him.. lol or servvvy should I say. negrom just needs to take over for the rest of the year

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Baseball is all analytics now. Some of it is pitch count, a lot of it is they don’t want hitters seeing a pitcher a third time around. Also bullpens are way more OP than they used to be.

I’m with you though, I’m old school. I would have liked to see Ray stay in longer. I’m also a bunt the guy over with no outs. But what do I know. I’ve always thought with todays baseball you can basically replace a manager with a computer and it can tell you what to do.