Seatlle Mariners vs Philadelphia Phillies 5/9-5/11

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Off to a slow start. Got the call at 2d base on a Frazier double.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
And ouch! Gilbert serves up a grand slam to Hoskins.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Walks really hurt Gilbert there.

Looks like another lost series. Man that Phillies lineup is pretty stacked.

I'm still holding out hope for the team. It's early in the season and I want to see what we look like with Haniger, JP and Murphy all healthy. Then add in Kirby in the rotation. I think around this time last season we had an even worst record. Upcoming roadtrip is going to be tough, we could be looking at 10 games under .500 by the we come back home.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Doesn't look a lot easier with an East Coast trip coming up. Any way we can keep Kelenic off the plane?

Crizilla

Reaction score
Every time I turn on 710 seattle sports radio they talk about the pitching. They are so scared to roast the offense not performing well. I just don't get it. This is why I prefer east coast sports talk. They tell it like it is. The M's need to be blasted by local radio and the fans. Enough is enough. There is zero reason the Diamondbacks, Guardians, Marlins, Rockies etc having better records than Seattle over a month into the season now. M's have same record as the A's and Orioles. Are you kidding.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
Every time I turn on 710 seattle sports radio they talk about the pitching. They are so scared to roast the offense not performing well. I just don't get it. This is why I prefer east coast sports talk. They tell it like it is. The M's need to be blasted by local radio and the fans. Enough is enough. There is zero reason the Diamondbacks, Guardians, Marlins, Rockies etc having better records than Seattle over a month into the season now. M's have same record as the A's and Orioles. Are you kidding.
Must be bad timing. I've heard quite a bit about the hitting. Today, I heard them discussing guys that need to be sent down for a bit, especially Kelenic and Raleigh. So far, Winker has been a bust at the plate and with Haniger out, our "longer batting order" is suddenly 2 players long, JP and France. Suarez is OK so far, but not yet at Seagar replacement level, at the plate or on 3d base. Julio is coming around, but still, that leaves us with 3 legitimate hitters most games.

But, roster problems make it hard to option JK and Cal. Maybe when Murphy is activated they can send Raliegh down and if Lewis gets healthy enough JK could get a stint in Tacoma. DiPoto is looking for solutions, but as the saying goes, it ain't all that simple.

I haven't given up all hope yet, but this road trip could be really ugly.