Seahawks Trade Rumors

PNW

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":3nywadqt said:
I 100% agree that Norton has to go. He's atrocious. But it isn't gonna happen mid season. It's not Pete's style. So we make the best of it. At the least, I hope they release tre soon. I'll watch literally anyone in the NFL or on the street over him right now.
Lol yeah I was thinking maybe we can run with Neal instead of flowerpower? Safety turned into a corner is par fo the course any ways

PNW

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1olc4kff said:
PNW":1olc4kff said:
FearTheHawk":1olc4kff said:
I'd also like to add that I think Dunlap is going to be a beast. I think a HUGE reason for the drop off this year was his lack of motivation and reduced role. He wants to play. He seems motivated and excited to be a Seahawk. And yeah, Everson is garbage. I'd rather keep running Alton/Rasheem/LJ out there. If we want to go on a super bowl run, we need one more guy on D in addition to Jamal/Snacks/Carlos. I think you can do that with another end like Watt/Kerrigan OR another corner that can actually lock down one side of the field. And trying to say Gilmore is bad because he let one of the three best receivers get by him on one play is absurd.
Stats dont lie, Gilmore: pff 61 ranking, 24 targets, 15 receptions with 1 int making 13,000,000 this year
Griffin: pff 59.7 ranking, 43 targets, 29 receptions with 2 int making 2,133,000 this year

We got Adams, Dunbar, Griffin, Diggs, Ugo, Neal......we need to get pressure on QB’s we don’t need Gilmore, a man to man overly price corner failing in zone coverage because that’s his weakness. Were you guys not around for the failed nahmdi asomugha experiment by the eagles where they turned a great lock down corner into a zone corner???? I agree with getting more DL, getting a CB like Gilmore at his price right now makes no sense.

Stats don't lie, but they need to be applied with proper context. You're misrepresenting Gilmore's historical performance in zone coverage to fit your own argument, while using an outlier season with his whole team being horrible as an irrefutable indication of his value.

“Stats dont lie” exactly! Thanks, I appreciate you acknowledging that. Then bla bla bla *adding your own personal opinion and no factual evidence how he could help us this year it’s just another nahmdi asomugha situation are you trying to put the Hawks in debt out here??? 13 million a year for the same stats Griffin is putting up, boy I’m glad you aren’t GM

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
PNW":1bx46tko said:
Maelstrom787":1bx46tko said:
PNW":1bx46tko said:
FearTheHawk":1bx46tko said:
I'd also like to add that I think Dunlap is going to be a beast. I think a HUGE reason for the drop off this year was his lack of motivation and reduced role. He wants to play. He seems motivated and excited to be a Seahawk. And yeah, Everson is garbage. I'd rather keep running Alton/Rasheem/LJ out there. If we want to go on a super bowl run, we need one more guy on D in addition to Jamal/Snacks/Carlos. I think you can do that with another end like Watt/Kerrigan OR another corner that can actually lock down one side of the field. And trying to say Gilmore is bad because he let one of the three best receivers get by him on one play is absurd.
Stats dont lie, Gilmore: pff 61 ranking, 24 targets, 15 receptions with 1 int making 13,000,000 this year
Griffin: pff 59.7 ranking, 43 targets, 29 receptions with 2 int making 2,133,000 this year

We got Adams, Dunbar, Griffin, Diggs, Ugo, Neal......we need to get pressure on QB’s we don’t need Gilmore, a man to man overly price corner failing in zone coverage because that’s his weakness. Were you guys not around for the failed nahmdi asomugha experiment by the eagles where they turned a great lock down corner into a zone corner???? I agree with getting more DL, getting a CB like Gilmore at his price right now makes no sense.

Stats don't lie, but they need to be applied with proper context. You're misrepresenting Gilmore's historical performance in zone coverage to fit your own argument, while using an outlier season with his whole team being horrible as an irrefutable indication of his value.

“Stats dont lie” exactly! Thanks, I appreciate you acknowledging that. Then bla bla bla *adding your own personal opinion and no factual evidence how he could help us this year it’s just another nahmdi asomugha situation are you trying to put the Hawks in debt out here??? 13 million a year for the same stats Griffin is putting up, boy I’m glad you aren’t GM

It's abundantly clear that you aren't actually reading my posts, or are unable to. I've already acknowledged that this trade is a complete pipe dream, so why would I be doing cap analysis? Hmm? You're trying to prove something that I literally acknowledged last page. You'd know this if you were reading.

Honestly trying to convince anyone here that the primary and only legitimate problem on this defense is the pass rush is heinously illogical.

I SERIOUSLY recommend reading the rest of that post you apparently were not able to read, about how stats need to be interpreted with context or they'll lead you to a very wrong and bad conclusion. It's kinda important.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Fade":1pl81lw9 said:
Pass rush will only help a little bit. The Seahawks are too simplistic on the backend. Tre Flowers = a free 1st down anytime the opponent needs one. So they need to get a Corner, and another pass rusher.

But it won't fix much in the end. Like Tom Cable with the O-Line. The defense isn't going to start making actual strides until Ken Norton is gone, and they hire a DC who has actually had success at that position at the NFL level.
Agree...we definitely need an upgrade at DC, but it most-likely won't happen mid-season. Encouraging that there are reports like this one, stating that Pete is concerned and spending extra time with Norton in coaching sessions.

From Brady Henderson:
After allowing 519 yards to Arizona, the Seahawks have allowed the most yards through six games (2,875) in NFL history, per the Elias Sports Bureau. Asked for his assessment of DC Ken Norton Jr. and their defensive staff, Pete Carroll included himself while saying they need to put their players in better positions, specifically mentioning the pass rush. "Kenny and I are working that stuff out," he said. "So my assessment is we're working really hard with our guys to get them in the right spots."

I also read somewhere that Pete was working with Norton on schemes for specific situations and players...a bit different take than the "we line up the same way, come beat us" mantra that has been around the past ten years...

Encouraging? Not really...but maybe a step in the right direction. My biggest gripe against Pete and his defense has only ever been that they don't scheme and gameplan specifically for players or teams. They line up their basic defense and call plays.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete sets the strategy, the deep bend not break isn't Norton, it's Pete, game time calls is a lot of Norton for Blitz and cover changes etc. But the scheme is Pete. It has been this way since he got here the deep 3rd down zone defense.

PNW

Reaction score
chris98251":2v37qzw1 said:
Pete sets the strategy, the deep bend not break isn't Norton, it's Pete, game time calls is a lot of Norton for Blitz and cover changes etc. But the scheme is Pete. It has been this way since he got here the deep 3rd down zone defense.
Yep 100% fact! Regardless of who DC is, it’s gonna stay this way.

Fade

Reaction score
chris98251":1i8vu728 said:

Absolutely. That is why Pete needs to hire a professional DC, and focus on just being the best HC, while giving his plain directives like no explosives.

Fade

Reaction score
PNW":kjb1l5q6 said:
chris98251":kjb1l5q6 said:

If it stays this way, Pete gon' git fired. But Pete will do the right thing and replace Norton in the off-season, if they keep losing Norton will get replaced this year.

PNW

Reaction score
Fade":174gnm3s said:
PNW":174gnm3s said:
chris98251":174gnm3s said:

If it stays this way, Pete gon' git fired. But Pete will do the right thing and replace Norton in the off-season, if they keep losing Norton will get replaced this year.
Pete ain’t gonna change his ways, he’s gonna do things how he’s always done them, the Hawks fan base will just have to deal with it, he can’t have many more years left as a HC tbh, so you better enjoy this while it lasts these are the golden years for being a Hawks fan with Russ, Bwags, Pete/John. When it’s all said and done we’re gonna miss old grand pappy Pete. Teams would love to have John and Pete to take over.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Per Albert Breer:

"Teams out of the race aren’t the only ones that could have assets for sale. Over the last week or so, word around the league was that Seattle was trying to create cap space to add a pass rusher, and TE Jacob Hollister was available. Now that B.J. Finney was traded and Carlos Dunlap has been acquired, the Seahawks have pulled back on that. But Hollister drummed up so much interest across the league that I don’t think it’s impossible someone will put something in front of the Seahawks they have to consider."

ivotuk

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":88exjwz8 said:
Per Albert Breer:

"Teams out of the race aren’t the only ones that could have assets for sale. Over the last week or so, word around the league was that Seattle was trying to create cap space to add a pass rusher, and TE Jacob Hollister was available. Now that B.J. Finney was traded and Carlos Dunlap has been acquired, the Seahawks have pulled back on that. But Hollister drummed up so much interest across the league that I don’t think it’s impossible someone will put something in front of the Seahawks they have to consider."

I LOVE Hollister! He's such a Warrior! Love Alex Collins always getting crappy blocking, someone Jacob gets hammered on every catch! I feel for the guy and hope he can get some clean catches.

Don't let him go Pete! It's a long season and we WILL need him!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think we probably overrate our players and they just don’t scheme very well which is frustrating because it’s avoidable. Anytime someone breaks down our tape they all say the same thing. We could be doing a lot more to put our players in better positions and clean up in game calls. The rushing 3 late in the game was terrible and we got torched.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Things will get a lot worse when the cap limit goes down a bunch next year. There will either need to be a bunch of restructuring or we'll continue to be looking for even more overlooked talent on the cheap. We're already top heavy in cap magnets, and have several guys on our roster looking to cash in. That doesn't work when one number stays the same. Irresistible force and immovable object don't work together very well.

massari

Reaction score
Kerrigan requests trade, Redskins won't oblige. Hollister+a mid round pick for Kerrigan if possible please
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1322925143740567553[/tweet]
[tweet]https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/1322647190787928064[/tweet]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This above trade may still have legs as the team is shopping Jacob Hollister and according to condone has been contacted about him. Problem is at present is the team's available cap is hovering around $350K, so fitting Kerrigan would involve massaging some of the bigger contracts and their guaranteed $. Don't be surprised to see a DB traded away as well.

I'd really not be surprised to see a trade involving Hollister for cap reasons if nothing else.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
PNW":sktdehg1 said:
Fade":sktdehg1 said:
PNW":sktdehg1 said:
chris98251":sktdehg1 said:

Pete ain’t gonna change his ways, he’s gonna do things how he’s always done them, the Hawks fan base will just have to deal with it, he can’t have many more years left as a HC tbh, so you better enjoy this while it lasts these are the golden years for being a Hawks fan with Russ, Bwags, Pete/John. When it’s all said and done we’re gonna miss old grand pappy Pete. Teams would love to have John and Pete to take over.
Yeah, even when we lost ol' what's his name to the HC job at the Falcons, back when the Seahawks Defense was kicking a$$es all over the place, Pete just had to have everything done his way. LOLOL