Seahawks Trade Rumors

niveky

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3w3zzbwq said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1320848944289718272[/tweet]

I'd really hate for this to happen. Acquiring Griffen would be one of the only ways out there to actually get worse on the defensive line.
if you are basing this off his Dallas play, I have been listening to Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller in the afternoons and they were talking about how Dallas isn't even using him how he was used in Minnesota and they don't have him in the stance/positions that he has had success with.

massari

Reaction score
ivotuk":22cesudv said:
The way I read it, Griffen rarely gets double teamed. They probably focus on DeMarcus Lawrence and Aldon Smith.
Read it again, maybe! :p

PNW

Reaction score
Everson Griffen traded to the Lions for a 6th rounder with potential to turn into a 5th rounder. Damn what are we doing out here, could’ve had Griffen and Clay Matthews. Boy would that wouldve been a huge help.

RCATES

Reaction score
Mods erasing posts now? So that’s how it is here now. If you don’t agree it’s erased. What a joke this place has become.

PNW

Reaction score
RCATES":n5wh94xd said:
Mods erasing posts now? So that’s how it is here now. If you don’t agree it’s erased. What a joke this place has become.
I lost like 10 or more posts, i’m still a bench warmer noooooo haha, seriously though I was putting some thought into my responses what the heck lol

RCATES

Reaction score

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
RCATES":6e11ntn5 said:

It would've been so easy to research what had happened before spouting off, too.

massari

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":x6ofypnb said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1311030557996974082[/tweet]

His pass rush win rate is pretty much the worst in the league, and was actually at 0% through week 3 of the season. Historically bad - he literally didn't win on a single pass rush attempt until week 4. He's facing a considerable amount of double teams, but he's not getting anything close to consistent pressure - certainly not enough to trade away any assets for him.
Dunlap's PRWR though.

Wonder how his double team rate compares to Griffen, because Griffen has a pressure % of 11%, while Dunlap only 3% thru 7 games...

Hopefully the fresh start puts him back to last season pass rush production.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
massari":1bozsuh8 said:
Maelstrom787":1bozsuh8 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SethWalder/status/1311030557996974082[/tweet]

His pass rush win rate is pretty much the worst in the league, and was actually at 0% through week 3 of the season. Historically bad - he literally didn't win on a single pass rush attempt until week 4. He's facing a considerable amount of double teams, but he's not getting anything close to consistent pressure - certainly not enough to trade away any assets for him.
Dunlap's PRWR though.

Wonder how his double team rate compares to Griffen, because Griffen has a pressure % of 11%, while Dunlap only 3% thru 7 games...

Hopefully the fresh start puts him back to last season pass rush production.

His dropoff has been more sudden and precipitous, but it also coincides directly with his relegation on the depth chart as Lou Anarumo gradually tries to shoehorn Cincinnati into a 3-4 defense. For that reason, I think Dunlap is more likely to regain form than Griffen is.

Tamerlane

Reaction score
massari":2cr9u0ys said:
Dunlap's PRWR though.

Given the discussion of Dunlap's pass rush win rate, you may want to see this from the 2019 season.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Neil/status/1212758054510485504[/tweet]

In the last half of 2019 Dunlap also had the league's #5 best weighted pressure rate (pass rush productivity) according to PFF. The guy didn't mysteriously go from 'first to worst' in all of 6 months - the claim is that Dunlap was not a fit in the new scheme introduced this year.

John Schneider just committed another highway robbery.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This isn't an established rumor - but a trade I'd like to see? Jarran Reed offloaded. The time is nigh to get value back for him. He's regressed, his high ssck season was an outlier, and he can be traded with minimal regression on the line, slotting in Mone and waiting for Snacks.

We need some draft capital. If you can get a fourth, (or hell, a third if someone is desperate) for Jarran due to his name recognition and single good season, pull the trigger immediately imo.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":bol9q852 said:
This isn't an established rumor - but a trade I'd like to see? Jarran Reed offloaded. The time is nigh to get value back for him. He's regressed, his high ssck season was an outlier, and he can be traded with minimal regression on the line, slotting in Mone and waiting for Snacks.

We need some draft capital. If you can get a fourth, (or hell, a third if someone is desperate) for Jarran due to his name recognition and single good season, pull the trigger immediately imo.
Nobody in their right mind would pay a third or a fourth for Jarren Reed.

massari

Reaction score
Tamerlane":1ogznqt5 said:
Given the discussion of Dunlap's pass rush win rate, you may want to see this from the 2019 season.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/PFF_Neil/status/1212758054510485504[/tweet]

In the last half of 2019 Dunlap also had the league's #5 best weighted pressure rate (pass rush productivity) according to PFF. The guy didn't mysteriously go from 'first to worst' in all of 6 months - the claim is that Dunlap was not a fit in the new scheme introduced this year.

John Schneider just committed another highway robbery.
How many of those guys beat a blocker in exactly 2.5 seconds, and how many guys who didn't make the list beat the blocker in 2.6 seconds? It seems like a vague stat unless they give an actual time, and average time of a player that it takes to beat a blocker.

Lets hope it truly is the scheme/bad relationship in Cincy like everyone is saying, because Dunlap only has a 3% pressure percentage this season.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":df8drk8r said:

What if the inclusion of Dunlap and Snacks is what frees up Reed to get closer to the level he enjoyed opposite Clark?

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
I think if you can trade Reed and a pick for a guy like Watt or Gilmore, you do it. Snacks and Poona/Mone is solid and I'd rather have Watt/Dunlap then Reed/Dunlap

chris98251

Reaction score
Trading Reed is Maddenesque, why get rid of a proven player, having Dunlap and Snacks and maybe a returning Green will keep legs fresh and quick twitch reactions up. This is like saying well we got Avril lets Trade Bennett.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":z59bay1k said:
Maelstrom787":z59bay1k said:

Nobody in their right mind would pay a third or a fourth for Jarren Reed.

Yes, exactly... unless they're silly and see he got double digit sacks one year. Might be a dummy out there to fleece.