Seahawks Town Hall....

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":346zgjfm said:
Cable's comment about Lynch/Wilson that either one alone might not be very good without the other....sorry coach, Beast was Beast before Wilson got here.

Then they show us film of run blocking. yeah, Tom, show us some of that there pass blocking why don't ya?
Sorry, but you're wrong Lynch may have been awesome statistically(even that can be argued). What can't be argued is that he wasn't going anywhere or have an outside shot at the HoF without Wilson.

And Wilson doesn't get his amazing start without Lynch. It's a symbiotic relationship like Aikman and Emmitt Smith. It takes two to tango.

Hopefully we'll do what those teams should have and go down in history, spoken of in awe and hatred for generations. :mrgreen:

I'm from the Oakland area of the Bay and my dream is....that the Seahawks become the Raiders heart and soul but better. Basically I want them to give Roger and the NFL the finger while winning everything possible while dancing a pure classic jig.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I tried to watch it all at the same setting, but alas, my retirement got in the way. I had a job to do. again.....

I missed the last 15 mins but will go back and try to pick up where I stopped. From what I saw, I was impressed and kinda wanted to be greedy for more. I saw a plan and the implementation of that plan to execution. Experience is huge and that was the second part of what I saw. They showed via video what they did and the way it impacted the game. I LOVED it. For those who are skeptical......WATCH DE VIDEO. You will see more and come up with a greater understanding of our schemes.

:thfight7:
:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3iy49qpr said:
McGruff":3iy49qpr said:
CamanoIslandJQ":3iy49qpr said:
I always have been under the impression that Coach Cable was a grumpy, direct to the point type of coach, but in this video, he appeared well spoken and deeply committed to the success of all his players. I come away very impressed with him as a coach. Seto was also impressive in his belief of the system that PC has brought to the team.

Cable has been very up front about the coaching transformation he has had to undergo. He was the classic scream and cuss in your face coach. But Pete taught him that encouragement and positivity gets better results than rage.

You can take the boy out of the farm but not the farm out of the boy, he still would punch you in the face if your not all in :) He's from the generation that I played in, those Snohomish teams were like looking at men in a boys game. Credit Armstrong the coach there at that time.
Yup, "Man Crush" was a whole different animal back then. :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":15k2dz8f said:
SalishHawkFan":15k2dz8f said:
Cable's comment about Lynch/Wilson that either one alone might not be very good without the other....sorry coach, Beast was Beast before Wilson got here.

Then they show us film of run blocking. yeah, Tom, show us some of that there pass blocking why don't ya?
Sorry, but you're wrong Lynch may have been awesome statistically(even that can be argued). What can't be argued is that he wasn't going anywhere or have an outside shot at the HoF without Wilson.
EXACTLY!, Tom Cable was being "Spot On" in his eval...I only have to go back to the Tarvaris Jackson/Chucky Whitehurst era and tally up the wins that Marshawn Lynch produced, and then?, work up the number of Yards and TD's run into the End Zone by Wilson in conjunction with Marshawn Lynch to keep it in perspective of how successful ML was without Wilson, and how obviously important it was that these two made the Run first Offense, the best in the League.
Too damned many fans here on .NET want to discredit, or downplay Wilsons contributions to the success of the Seahawks Offensive successes, and it's disgusting, untrue, and flat out short sighted.

chris98251

Reaction score
Stacking the Box and pressure was the tactic on defense, Wilson has changed that, his roll outs and sneaky runs and evasive maneuvers have made teams pay for keying on Lynch exclusively. Having Graham should now keep more LB's in the pass coverage first mode and make the DE's have to double check and not just come up on Wilson to contain while backside pursuit corrals him. They will have a TE that needs attention.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
chris98251":2buiqine said:
Stacking the Box and pressure was the tactic on defense, Wilson has changed that, his roll outs and sneaky runs and evasive maneuvers have made teams pay for keying on Lynch exclusively. Having Graham should now keep more LB's in the pass coverage first mode and make the DE's have to double check and not just come up on Wilson to contain while backside pursuit corrals him. They will have a TE that needs attention.
EXACTLY. They will have to play us straight up for the first time in Wilson's career and everyone will see why 22M is a bargain. Haven't you seen him at Wisconsin with league level weapons? He set the all time records and always had his team in position to win.

He's done the same for the Seahawks when given the opportunity.

chris98251

Reaction score
One thing I just thought of, Wilson said he was working on his leg strength and speed this off season, having Graham take defenders out of one side of the field will open up lanes to run where that DE and SAM is, we throw a change in our offense every season, last season it was speed and taller WR's. I suspect we may throw more wrinkles in with Graham, I just hope that Bevell doesn't try to force things like he did with Harvin and let the game happen and reads make the calls rather then a designated target open or not, predictable and easy to read by the defense.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Graham is way more versatile then Percy and has no history of being a head case or brittle. The man is almost as good as Gronkowski. And you saw what he did to help Edelman tear us apart. Imagine someone real like Baldwin in that position. It's going to get ugly methinks.

Especially after reading between the lines. Wilson plans to actually run more, it's flat insane but what's going to stop him beyond injury, which is pretty unlikely given he runs smart and with purpose unlike Griffin and others.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Bump. If you havent watched this, take the time and do so. I really cant think of any better way of getting over The Game That Shall Not be Recalled.

Tom Cable was nothing like I expected him to be.. Rocky Seto is still getting there with the general public speaking but I like the was there and its so in keeping with Pete Carroll.. Carroll gave some great comments.

Somewhat telling... Carroll was asked how much of a role he had in player contracts, and he replied as if he had been asked how involved he was in Wilsons contract talks.

Anyway.. really worth the 90 minutes.

Jville

Reaction score
It might be advantageous to point out that this town hall featured the head coach with his two assistant head coaches.

There is a distinction to be recognized between Carroll's two assistant head coaches and his two coordinators. The two assistant head coaches are keepers of the book on who they (the team) are. Carroll separates that focus from the coordinator's focus on game plan and play calling against a full range of distinctly unique opponents.

I think that distinction is an important separation of focus. These assistant head coaches keep the team focused on who they are and what they do thru out each season's campaign. Their town hall presentations were welcomed insights into what they teach and focus on every day.

kearly

Reaction score
I love Cable but c'mon. Russ has looked the same when Lynch isn't on the field, and Lynch was kicking ass in 2011.

You put two star players next to each other they should make each other better. But they don't 'need' each other anymore than Walt and Hutch did.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
kearly":3iiv7i8h said:
I love Cable but c'mon. Russ has looked the same when Lynch isn't on the field, and Lynch was kicking ass in 2011.

You put two star players next to each other they should make each other better. But they don't 'need' each other anymore than Walt and Hutch did.

I think he was just overstating it and chose his words improperly. All he was basically saying was that they both help each other.

Vetamur

Reaction score
bigtrain21":229oauep said:
kearly":229oauep said:

I think he was just overstating it and chose his words improperly. All he was basically saying was that they both help each other.

Hes trying to make a point. And, if the goal is "be the best team we can be"..yes, they do need each other. If the goal is championship season, yes, today ..they need each other. If Lynch disappeared tomorrow, we are a playoff team I believe but not a Super Bowl team. If Russ disappeared tomorrow, we miss the playoffs or are a Wild Card. With both ..with both feeding off each other.. then I agree with Vegas.. we are a Super Bowl team.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I thought it was interesting hearing his view on Max Unger's health playing a role on the team moving on from him. Could play a part in Okung's future if he has another season riddled with injury...

Laloosh

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":384526or said:
I thought it was interesting hearing his view on Max Unger's health playing a role on the team moving on from him. Could play a part in Okung's future if he has another season riddled with injury...

Couldn't help but wonder if that's the first thing that crossed Okung's mind when he said it.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Laloosh":2co01czd said:
Recon_Hawk":2co01czd said:

Couldn't help but wonder if that's the first thing that crossed Okung's mind when he said it.

For sure. It's a bit of "no matter how talented you are, if you're not on the field you're not much use to us".

Tough business.

kearly

Reaction score
I Didn't know Cable was grew up in Seattle and went to Hawks games as a kid. Very cool.

Vetamur":19iidiey said:
bigtrain21":19iidiey said:
kearly":19iidiey said:

Hes trying to make a point. And, if the goal is "be the best team we can be"..yes, they do need each other. If the goal is championship season, yes, today ..they need each other. If Lynch disappeared tomorrow, we are a playoff team I believe but not a Super Bowl team. If Russ disappeared tomorrow, we miss the playoffs or are a Wild Card. With both ..with both feeding off each other.. then I agree with Vegas.. we are a Super Bowl team.

I agree with the gist of what you are saying. When you are competing at the very highest levels for a championship, you need every piece of help you can get. Every edge, every advantage matters.

What I don't agree with is the latter statement. Is Seattle a Super Bowl team without Lynch? Hell yes they would be. There is more than just one very good RB that separates Seattle from the 2nd best team in the NFC. I don't think Seattle's championship hopes end the day Lynch walks away, either.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
chris98251":dkkww4bn said:
McGruff":dkkww4bn said:
CamanoIslandJQ":dkkww4bn said:
I always have been under the impression that Coach Cable was a grumpy, direct to the point type of coach, but in this video, he appeared well spoken and deeply committed to the success of all his players. I come away very impressed with him as a coach. Seto was also impressive in his belief of the system that PC has brought to the team.

Cable has been very up front about the coaching transformation he has had to undergo. He was the classic scream and cuss in your face coach. But Pete taught him that encouragement and positivity gets better results than rage.

You can take the boy out of the farm but not the farm out of the boy, he still would punch you in the face if your not all in :) He's from the generation that I played in, those Snohomish teams were like looking at men in a boys game. Credit Armstrong the coach there at that time.

Coaching and a talent pool coming from loggerville USA!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
chris98251":1r3cilzi said:
One thing I just thought of, Wilson said he was working on his leg strength and speed this off season, having Graham take defenders out of one side of the field will open up lanes to run where that DE and SAM is, we throw a change in our offense every season, last season it was speed and taller WR's. I suspect we may throw more wrinkles in with Graham, I just hope that Bevell doesn't try to force things like he did with Harvin and let the game happen and reads make the calls rather then a designated target open or not, predictable and easy to read by the defense.

Maybe an added benefit for designed runs, but what I gathered as the object of his speed training was improved ability to escape defenders. Specifically not wanting to be 'caught from behind' during scrambles that turn into runs.

Latest posts