Seahawks sign Tremayne Anchrum Jr

Somos doces

Reaction score
I understand hyping your guys and all, but calling a backup guard an “ amchor” better be a huge stretch. I’m hoping this is just a depth move and they have a real plan for the interior line.

I doubt his mom calls him by his last name bit even if she did nobody should confuse him with being an anchor of an NFL offensive line. Lol
I read the “anchor” reference as a pretty good pun on the player’s surname.

Last edited:

kidhawk

Reaction score
I read the “anchor” reference as a pretty good pun on the player’s surname.
It would be a good pun if the guy actually could anchor a position. Looks more like a depth signing than an anchor for the position though.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Corbin is spot on!

Notice, though:

Absolutely nothing has improved when they have spent there. That's the thing.

IOL contracts, especially now being as inflated as they are, are mostly a waste of money. They're just a massive game of diminishing returns.

The way to elevate a line is to coach it up, get it into a state of continuity, and build balance into the offense to keep them less susceptible to being exploited. Any line in the league will be defeated if rushers are put in a position to pin their ears back without fear.

John's right. These IOL contracts are preposterous and we're right not to participate. That money is as good as flushed down the drain.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Notice, though:

Absolutely nothing has improved when they have spent there. That's the thing.

IOL contracts, especially now being as inflated as they are, are mostly a waste of money. They're just a massive game of diminishing returns.

The way to elevate a line is to coach it up, get it into a state of continuity, and build balance into the offense to keep them less susceptible to being exploited. Any line in the league will be defeated if rushers are put in a position to pin their ears back without fear.

John's right. These IOL contracts are preposterous and we're right not to participate. That money is as good as flushed down the drain.

I have no issue with not overpaying guys in free agency. That Damien Lewis contract is an overpay. I just wish they would make it more of a priority in the draft. Maybe they take a Guard in the first round this year. But they haven't been willing to do that. Put more resources into it. Don't just completely ignore it. Simply relying on guys who are replacement level, isn't good enough. Make it a strength, not a weakness that teams can exploit.

Last edited:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seattle won a Super Bowl with literally the worst pass blocking line in football.

It just isn't the axis of the universe that most people think. You can survive in the NFL with OL drafted after certain philosophies and systems. You can't do it in the defensive trenches, though, and that's where I'd like to see the money spent.

flv2

Reaction score
I have no issue with not overpaying guys in free agency. That Damien Lewis contract is an overpay. I just wish they would make it more of a priority in the draft. Maybe they take a Guard in the first round this year. But they haven't been willing to do that. Put more resources into it. Don't just completely ignore it. Simply relying on guys who are replacement level, isn't good enough. Make it a strength, not a weakness that teams can exploit.
The problem with picking G in the 1st round is you are effectively wasting the 5th year option. The 5th year for G is based on LT pay. The last time I checked if you picked a S and he was in the top 21 Ss it would be worth using the 5th year option. For G the player had to be in the top 8 for the 5th year option to be of value. If he's the value pick on your Draft board then pick him but if it's close i'm not picking G or ILB in the 1st round. The 5th year OL values for 2024 are $16.037M for someone playing enough snaps and $19.04M if he's had a ProBowl appearance.

xray

Reaction score
A very good OL , makes an average QB look good . imo

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Oh, I'm sure they're going to draft some guys coming up here, unless Grubb is absolutely certain he's got some under-the-radar studs ready to roll. I've got my eye on that third rounder, that's prime real estate to snag a guard. Christian Mahogany, Dominick Puni, Zak Zinter, and Mason McCormick are good bets in that range. LaDarius Henderson a little later makes a lot of sense. None of the Washington guys on the board would surprise me, regardless of where. Fautanu reeeally intrigues me if Grubb thinks he's a true anywhere-but-center lineman but I'd want to trade down to get him.

I don't want it to go ignored, I absolutely agree with you on that front. If I had my way, we'd be drafting day 2/day 3 at the spot like clockwork (outside of the tackles, lock them down) and never giving any of 'em a second contract unless they were on likely Hall of Fame tracks. The free agent market, though... by god, that place sucks right now. I'd never. Well, maybe for backups and fringe starter types.