Seahawks Scrub Michael Bennett Comments on Cam Newton

nanomoz

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ents-on-cam-newton-from-transcript-and-video/

This is really interesting to me. I know Florio is a consumate muckraker, but it's still an interesting move. Florio, of course, exaggerates and suggests it could start lockeroom strife, which is pure silliness, but, the issue at hand is interesting.

On Saturday, Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett specifically called out Panthers quarterback Cam Newton as one of the league’s “great players” who are “just sitting back, taking the dollars.” As it turns out, the Seahawks tried to take those words out of Bennett’s mouth.

The reference to Cam Newton came from the story written by Sheil Kapadia of ESPN.com. The reference to Cam Newton specifically was removed from the official transcript, with the key sentence saying only this: “Our great players are just sitting back, taking the dollars. …”

hawknation2016

Reaction score
Team policy is to respect the opponent and not call anyone out. Player quotes get edited a little at times, usually for clarity or grammar. Bennett used Newton as an example but was quick to say there are many others and that this is a league-wide problem. Personally, I think our players have a little too much respect for Newton and would like to see them talk about him with a little more fire. Newton beat their asses and rubbed it in their faces. Get mad and then get even.