Do the Seahawks steal opposing teams'/organizations' souls?

BlueBlood

Reaction score
HawkMeat":2wcscpu7 said:
BlueBlood":2wcscpu7 said:
This season we stole the souls (ruined their season)of the Arizona, Philadelphia, Carolina and Dallas. Basically, over the course of a few years sent the 49ers to the trash bin. It's amazing.
Dallas?

Yes, by defeating Green Bay Dallas had to play on the road the entire post season.

byau

Reaction score
Was thinking about this, and it goes back to something that happened I think in the Philly game. Might have been 49ers.

It was not a big play. Not in any highlights, but VERY significant. I didn't even think anything of it until Earl talked about it in the post-game

Here's the play:

Opposing offense hit a screen or run for a first down, Earl came up and SMACKED the guy. They got a first down though. But there Earl was celebrating the big hit and all his teammates jumping around him and the opposing offense was kind of confused. "What are you celebrating?" but then the Seahawks didn't see the opposing O being confused as the Seahawks were too busy jumping around cheering and yelling and celebrating the big hit

In the post-game interview:

Earl was asked about it in the post-game interview and he said how other teams just don't understand it. Every play is a big play. When one makes a play we all make a play. And every play we can get a big hit, and we celebrate those big hits.

Those are the soul-stealers.

Vernon Davis hasn't been the same. Demaryius Thomas hasn't been the same. And it doesn't just affect those players, but the entire position group, Because the moral of the story: whether you are behind scrimmage, at scrimmage, or 20 yards down field, the Seahawks are looking to HIT you! That's got to get into the head of the opposing offense. Knowing that if you get the ball, no matter how good a play you make they are looking to HIT you.

That'll make someone hesitate. That'll make someone think. Whether the next play, the next drive, the next game, the next season, that'll make you think when you face the Seahawks again, and any effort putting thought into something else like that will take you out of your game.

Earl, I think we all understand you!

That's how they steal the other team's soul.

ptisme

Reaction score
BlueBlood":1y71ot40 said:
This season we stole the souls (ruined their season)of the Arizona, Philadelphia, Carolina and Dallas. Basically, over the course of a few years sent the 49ers to the trash bin. It's amazing.
Thanks for doing that to the 49ers.... couldn't have happened to a better team...

ptisme

Reaction score
BlueBlood":5w7atz6k said:
Also, Green Bay could be next.
I don't think so.... For better or worse GB is no longer an organization that fires people (see Dom Capers). Actually if we have to lose to you, I wouldn't mind seeing you dismantle the Capers D so maybe for once we can send him on vacation some where with Dick Lebeau......

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3t1dwp42 said:
So you're going to say we stole the soul from KC despite them beating us, BUT do not want to recognize that we gave a soul to Dallas. Their whole season (which was great) kick started with them beating us at Clink.

No doubt. I can't even imagine how much that win must have united and charged their locker room. Up to that point, everyone had been questioning whether Dallas really was as good as their record. Afterward, Dallas was on the short list of NFC contenders. Granted, they slipped a little afterward, but then their win at Philly re-charged them.

People might want to downplay Dallas' season due to the fact it ended in the Divisional round, but 12-4 is the best record they've had in 7 years, and getting over that 8-8 hump (plus picking up a playoff win) has to have the Cowboys feeling good about their future. I imagine the Cowboys organization feels right now a lot like our Seahawks did after the Atlanta loss in the 2012 postseason.

ptisme

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3j8jc8so said:
ZagHawk":3j8jc8so said:
So you're going to say we stole the soul from KC despite them beating us, BUT do not want to recognize that we gave a soul to Dallas. Their whole season (which was great) kick started with them beating us at Clink.

No doubt. I can't even imagine how much that win must have united and charged their locker room. Up to that point, everyone had been questioning whether Dallas really was as good as their record. Afterward, Dallas was on the short list of NFC contenders. Granted, they slipped a little afterward, but then their win at Philly re-charged them.

People might want to downplay Dallas' season due to the fact it ended in the Divisional round, but 12-4 is the best record they've had in 7 years, and getting over that 8-8 hump (plus picking up a playoff win) has to have the Cowboys feeling good about their future. I imagine the Cowboys organization feels right now a lot like our Seahawks did after the Atlanta loss in the 2012 postseason.
I don't think Jerry jones can tie John Schneider's shoes.... Their situation IMO isn't comparable.. They don't have the cap space to fix that defense and they have nobody behind Romo who will soon begin to fade....

volsunghawk

Reaction score
ptisme":139ybjro said:
volsunghawk":139ybjro said:
ZagHawk":139ybjro said:

I don't think Jerry jones can tie John Schneider's shoes.... Their situation IMO isn't comparable.. They don't have the cap space to fix that defense and they have nobody behind Romo who will soon begin to fade....

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think they're going to follow the path we took. And what's more, I think there's a good chance that DeMarco Murray's legs fall off next year. They'll probably backslide a bit. But my point was that a season like this can provide motivation and inspiration for a team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ptisme":jza2prff said:
BlueBlood":jza2prff said:
I don't think so.... For better or worse GB is no longer an organization that fires people (see Dom Capers). Actually if we have to lose to you, I wouldn't mind seeing you dismantle the Capers D so maybe for once we can send him on vacation some where with Dick Lebeau......

San Francisco??? or rather Santa Clara???? LOL :stirthepot:

ctrcat

Reaction score
jonkchar":jrtuqftp said:
Great write-up. I thought the Panthers played great and I'm looking forward to future matchups with them

Agree. The Panthers were clearly looking ahead to future years based on the moves (and lack thereof) which took place last offseason. I think after the initial disappointment of losing, simply making it to the divisional round and giving a decent showing was a moral victory for a very young team that simply doesn't have as many impact players as the Seahawks at the moment.

kjreid

Reaction score
ptisme":392j83d3 said:
BlueBlood":392j83d3 said:

I don't know, I think Capers is just one thought away from making his "super secret" Defensive scheme work and thus Changing the football continuum as we know it. :34853_tinfoil:

ptisme

Reaction score
kjreid":3pnl38zh said:
ptisme":3pnl38zh said:
BlueBlood":3pnl38zh said:

I don't know, I think Capers is just one thought away from making his "super secret" Defensive scheme work and thus Changing the football continuum as we know it. :34853_tinfoil:
The Packers defense plays great against all quarterbacks who can't move. Is that because this defense was thought up 30 years ago when we had all the pocket passers?
Further, this defense Capers runs requires EVERYONE to be assignment sure. Historically guys sat and learned for two or three years before starting under LeBeau and Capers. In today's NFL you HAVE to start young guys because of the salary cap.
Take a look at game one between our teams. Sure you dominated the LOS but all too often the Packers defense was grossly out of position. For instance, often there was NOBODY holding contain on the back side. Your defense works so well because you have studs playing in it and can run just about everything off your base. Thus your players are in the same formation week in and week out and they have their assignments down pat. This league has passed LaBeau and Capers by....

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":3n2aoqpk said:
ptisme":3n2aoqpk said:
volsunghawk":3n2aoqpk said:
ZagHawk":3n2aoqpk said:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think they're going to follow the path we took. And what's more, I think there's a good chance that DeMarco Murray's legs fall off next year. They'll probably backslide a bit. But my point was that a season like this can provide motivation and inspiration for a team.

Murray had 430+ rushes this year. Running backs that go over 370 usually come crashing back to Earth, so I can't imagine what 10% more carries than that is going to do.

olyfan63

Reaction score
ctrcat":1u81xgp3 said:
jonkchar":1u81xgp3 said:
Great write-up. I thought the Panthers played great and I'm looking forward to future matchups with them

Agree. The Panthers were clearly looking ahead to future years based on the moves (and lack thereof) which took place last offseason. I think after the initial disappointment of losing, simply making it to the divisional round and giving a decent showing was a moral victory for a very young team that simply doesn't have as many impact players as the Seahawks at the moment.

Out of the OP's listing, the Panthers are the one he got wrong. The Panthers actually seem to thrive on competing with us, coming close, and being encouraged by that.
After we beat them earlier this year, a couple games later, they went on their season-closing winning streak to take the NFC South division crown. Then won a playoff game. Then played us a very tough game in CLink, ultimately decided by Kam's 90-yard pick-6, a 14-point swing play in a game we won 31-17, by 14 points. Plus Carolina outgained us on offense that game.

So we clearly didn't steal Carolina's soul. If anything, they are encouraged that they have some key elements of our formula. Defense, running game, cheap but improving unheralded OL, running QB. If anything, they're encouraged about being able to somewhat hang with us in a big game.

ctrcat

Reaction score
^ That and Brenton Bersin was the #1 option on the pick 6 play. Mind blowing given that he should not even be a 3/4 option on even a meaningless NFL play for any team.