Seahawks re-signing TE Will Dissly --3 year $24 million

nutluck

Reaction score
I like Dissly but I think this is a big overpay. This was a stacked year at TE in FA.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I like Will Dissly, but I do not understand why this team throws the amount of money they do but seem to refuse to open the wallet on the O-line.

massari

Reaction score
2 years $6.85M APY looks good. They just need to give him more targets like in his first two seasons.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1503507843776798724[/tweet]

kf3339

Reaction score
massari":3etfcjcb said:
2 years $6.85M APY looks good. They just need to give him more targets like in his first two seasons.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1503507843776798724[/tweet]

This contract terms makes the contract even more reasonable. I do like Dissly as more of a blocking TE. His hands are okay as well!

flv

Reaction score
JGreen79":3sny9n4b said:
The Rams ran a 12 personnel the 4th most in the league (29% of the time) Waldron's last year there. In relation to what you posted, they used 12 personnel the 4th least in 2021 (12% of the time). They used 3 or more TE sets for one play all year in 2021.

Seattle was 6th most (26% and 28% respectively) both years.

Sharp Football Analysis
Sounds like good data. :2thumbs:
To be honest the Rams 2020 numbers are a bit of an anomaly. The Rams only had 4 WRs and rookie WR Jefferson was pretty much benched after Week 2. He barely saw the field again until Week 13. Everett got significant playing time as a slot WR. I don't have numbers for 2 TE and 3 TE packages. I only have access to footballoutsiders dot com's snap data. I don't remember the Rams using 3 TEs at all but I had to account for possible snaps. Obviously I don't have a breakdown for the Seahawks either but 1371 TE snaps on 991 plays suggests more than 28% in 2 TE sets. Maybe the Seahawks ran 50 plays in 3 TE sets. Maybe footballoutsiders dot com's snap data isn't correct. Maybe the Seahawks 2021 TE snap count is high because of injury issues at #3 WR?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cyrus12":2oxxiebx said:
Way too much money for a back up guy that is is injury riddled and showed nothing last year.

Was that his fault? Seems to me they made a concerted effort to not throw his way much. Why is that? Trying to ease him back from a devastating injury? I don't know. All I know is when the ball is thrown in his zip code the man catches every ball and he has no problem blocking big boys. So what am I missing here?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Aros":111klz3x said:
Cyrus12":111klz3x said:
Way too much money for a back up guy that is is injury riddled and showed nothing last year.

Was that his fault? Seems to me they made a concerted effort to not throw his way much. Why is that? Trying to ease him back from a devastating injury? I don't know. All I know is when the ball is thrown in his zip code the man catches every ball and he has no problem blocking big boys. So what am I missing here?
Well I will say our previous qb really hasn't utilized a te since Miller...so perhaps this will change.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I fully expect the TEs to be more involved moving forward than they have been.

Tokadub

Reaction score
He is in no way worth $24,000,000. I'd be much more content with a 2 year $12,000,000.

He's injury prone and we don't use Tight Ends effectively...

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

I heard that most the money is guaranteed too so... yikes.

Elemas

Reaction score
Like Uncle Will but, that’s at least $3M per year too much..

chris98251

Reaction score
Two TE sets needed to dictate a run game when needed or the personal look to chip and go into a pattern, Parkinson and Fant are more receivers, but Parkinson is getting better at blocking from what I read at the end of last year.

Everett may not be brought back, we will see, had some really bad drops at bad times last season.

Also the no Russ team may actually use seam and crossing patterns making the TE position much more used.

rcaido

Reaction score
Beyond comical. I love Dissly but why??? Also why now, couldn't you at least fix the RB situation first and some oline before committing to this contract.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And there you have it. 3 good moves, and people dwell on the one "overpay" of the group.

Typical. And didn't someone post that it's more like 6.85 a year for 2 years? Not nearly as bad as 3 for 24.
Oh well, overreaction is kind of the jam these days. That, and people freaking out of they don't sign every single good free agent on the first day of Free Agency :irishdrinkers:

relax, I'm just messin'

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm Pete and John's biggest fan but this is a massive overpay. Not sure why this fanbase loves Dissly so much, don't get me wrong he's a great blocking TE but once again he's a blocking TE.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Overpay for sure, but not as bad as the original numbers show. Seems like this is pretty common with contracts. Initial numbers come out, you find out the next day they are not quite as crazy. NO guaranteed money in the 3rd year. So, it's basically a 2 year deal at 6.85 per.
Oh well, I'm happy with the 4 moves yesterday. Just getting started, plenty of work to do. Guys get overpaid all the time, I just don't see it as something to freak out about. Just my own opinion.

Fade

Reaction score
This contract makes Will Dissly a top 15 TE pay wise.

Meanwhile, the Rams re-sign one of the best Centers in the game for the same amount.

The Rams keep winning, the Seahawks keep losing, every off-season… for YEARS now.

The Seahawks currently have $100M spent and $30M APY spent at Safety. Did the Seahawks not get the memo that the game is won and lost upfront? They continue to spend like crazy at less valuable positions, while being underwhelming where it matters, O-Line & D-Line.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I realize that what I'm about to say occurred before 2 season ending injuries. But he was on pace for a Pro-Bowl season for each of his first 2 seasons. He looked like the most complete TE's we've had in quite some time. The last 2 years he's been behind an established vet, limiting his opportunities. If he can become the player he was his first 2 years I think it's a good deal.
Also everyone seems to not realize that the cap increased substantially so prices for players is bound to inflate. Think of QB's who are now commanding 40-50M per year when 3 years ago 30M was the top end.

Latest posts