Seahawks re-signing TE Will Dissly --3 year $24 million

Hawknight

Reaction score
Being reported on Twitter

Deal negotiated by agent Collin Roberts of @ Rep1/sports

Anyone else seeing this reported anywhere else?

Rat

Reaction score
I'm happy with what the front office has done today, but... I don't know about this one. That's a lot more money than I thought he'd get.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I like this. TE depth chart is set.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, seems a little high, but it's not my money.
On the other hand, Diggs and Woods probably both could have gotten more $ elsewhere, so it kind of evens out.
That's football, some seem like bargains, some seem like an overpay. Hard to complain too much overall today.
I mean, just today they signed Diggs/Woods/Dis/Jones. Pretty solid day imo. Also, Dissly is a VERY good blocker, so there is that.

Also, look at that pathetic deal that the Jags just made. That's one of the worst signing in history imo.

Rat

Reaction score
Sandpoint Hawk":1xzkgnbt said:
I love it, I like Dissly a lot. He just needs to stay healthy.

He has the last two years and has still been barely relevant in the passing game. Sucks for him because he looked on the verge of being a top-10 guy before his injuries, but I don't know how reasonable it is to expect considerable improvement at this point.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, it's been a damn good day. I'm not gonna' trip out over this contract. Glad to have him staying in Seattle.

sutz

Reaction score
I like it. Home town boy does good. He's been underutilized, but maybe Waldron can bring him along.

Solid in line blocker, and can catch, too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's a part of his game that seems to be ignored. Why the hell they are not throwing to him more.......
Likely using him for blocking most of the time.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Have to wait to see the details. Seems a bit high to me as well but the contract may have incentives that are likely not to be attained, thus lowering the cap hits.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe end loaded etc.

I'd like to think that people will appreciate the 4 signings in general. But I do know where I am, so I'll make up some popcorn for all the negative responses :snack:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2amrn52i said:
That's a part of his game that seems to be ignored. Why the hell they are not throwing to him more.......
Likely using him for blocking most of the time.

I'll open up the can of worms and say something about short and intermediate routes in the middle of the field. :twisted:

Teahawks

Reaction score
Everyone saying this is a little high...a little? This is atrocious. This is Greg Olsen, Like Joekle level wasting of cap space.

I love Dissly but you could have just picked up a TE in the late rounds for the same level of play. His blocking is good sure, but a blocking TE no matter how good doesn't justify it. He's had two terrible injuries.

This also sets a bad precent. Like what would you play a good player if you play a below average one this?

I'd say this deal sums up the Seahawks front office the last five years pretty well. Overpay for backups, swing and miss on big signings, and not even try for plus players.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He's basically a sixth offensive lineman that catches some passes. Judging the guy based on his receiving totals misses the point.

In this offense, with Noah Fant already on the roster, I'd rather have him than 31-year-old Zach Ertz, who just got $10 mil. APY.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1l37kqj3 said:
I knew it was coming..........quite predictable :irishdrinkers:
Yep. We do have our share of negative nellies in our fanbase. :mrgreen:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
After last week, it's a bit more justified :2thumbs:

They could make 10 great moves, and 1 bad one and people would create 27 threads on that one horrible trade.
You gotta' admire the consistency though :stirthepot: