Seahawks re-signing TE Will Dissly --3 year $24 million

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yeah, surprised by the $8M per year, but maybe it's set up like 6/6/12 or something. Did anybody notice how much of a factor Dissly was in Penny's late season explosion? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around why the Hawks value Dissly so highly. Underutilized in the passing game, but his blocking is so key to the running game? Also I'm having difficulty believing Dissly would be offered more than $2-$4M by other teams, so it seems Hawks are overpaying, re his market value. Would love to have someone(s) explain why Hawks value Dissly so highly and if in fact other teams would value him at even half of what the Hawks are paying.

Jville

Reaction score
Tight end contracts: Seattle gave Will Dissly $24 million over three years. The Cardinals gave Zach Ertz $31.65 million over three years with $14.5 million fully guaranteed. C.J. Uzomah will get $15 million guaranteed from the Jets with the same terms as Dissly's contract.

Their price tags were surprising. Dissly has 900 yards combined in four seasons. Uzomah, a complete player who will bring leadership, has only had more than 250 yards in a season twice, never topping 500. Ertz is a reliable chain mover, but not a big playmaker at this stage of his career. Tight end was one position where the market rate went up significantly this offseason. https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-f...acts-given-out-so-far-jaguars-aggressive-move
................................ experienced tight ends are in demand. It typically takes multiple seasons for a prospect to develop into a well rounded tight end.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
So far it’s sure looking like Dissly is playing well and may just be worth what the team paid.

Today against the Giants he was on fire recovering a fumble and creating one while being a reliable and steady outlet pass target for Geno.

Rainger

Reaction score
So far it’s sure looking like Dissly is playing well and may just be worth what the team paid.

Today against the giants he was on fire recovering a fumble and creating one while being a reliable and steady outlet pass target for Geno.
Geno loves him 90% of Genos naked roll outs to the right go to Dissly

Ruminator

Reaction score
I LOVED that fast-reflexes what-wazzat! flick from Geno to Dissly right in the middle of the congested line when they needed a yard or two for the first down.

sutz

Reaction score
I LOVED that fast-reflexes what-wazzat! flick from Geno to Dissly right in the middle of the congested line when they needed a yard or two for the first down.
I'm pretty sure that was a designed shovel pass. ;)

sutz

Reaction score
Fans tend to overstate most contracts cap hits. They are generally 3-4 years behind on it. I never figured that 3 yrs/$24 mill was too much to pay for a solid TE. 🤷‍♂️

olyfan63

Reaction score
The way Dissly has been playing, have to agree the Hawks got Dissly's contract right. Just love our TE room this year, Dissly/Parkinson/Fant, and love how Waldron uses them, and how Geno targets them so consistently for key gains.

Also, Parkinson is for sure outplaying his rookie contract, and will be due a payday when his time comes.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This contract makes Will Dissly a top 15 TE pay wise.

Meanwhile, the Rams re-sign one of the best Centers in the game for the same amount.

The Rams keep winning, the Seahawks keep losing, every off-season… for YEARS now.

The Seahawks currently have $100M spent and $30M APY spent at Safety. Did the Seahawks not get the memo that the game is won and lost upfront? They continue to spend like crazy at less valuable positions, while being underwhelming where it matters, O-Line & D-Line.
The Rams now have the worst offense in the league by EPA/play. The Seahawks are comfortably top 10.

The Rams are 3-4. Seattle is 5-3, and in control of the NFC West.