Seahawks Hiring Ravens DC Mike Macdonald As New HC

bileever

Reaction score
Thank you, Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid, for ending the Ravens' season prematurely. And special thanks to Ravens wide receiver Zay Flowers for going out of his way to get a taunting penalty and then fumbling the ball on the one yard line, and losing the game so that we could get Mike McDonald a couple of weeks earlier.

thegameq

Reaction score
I guess you take what you can get. Another defensive minded coach

I don't have any big problem with the hire, but I'm not ecstatic about it...........I take it this guy is supposed to be the defensive equivalent of McShay and Shanahan.....? I hope so. I'm tired of watching our defense look confused, slow or play on their heels when the Rams or 49ers run 20 different plays from one formation. Let's see if he can stop the tight ends from running wild all over the Seahawks defense.

Okay, we'll see..........let's go.

HawkFreak

Reaction score
I don't have any big problem with the hire, but I'm not ecstatic about it...........I take it this guy is supposed to be the defensive equivalent of McShay and Shanahan.....? I hope so. I'm tired of watching our defense look confused, slow or play on their heels when the Rams or 49ers run 20 different plays from one formation. Let's see if he can stop the tight ends from running wild all over the Seahawks defense.

Okay, we'll see..........let's go.
Just curious- who would you have been ecstatic about?

m0ng0

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to his introductory press conference. I'm sure he'll be asked what made him choose Seattle over Washington, I want to hear his answer.
What do you mean? He got Seattle and Washington. I hope he pans out! serious question had he ever been a head coach?

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I guess you take what you can get. Another defensive minded coach?
He was all that was left. After MacDonald you start getting into second tier candidates. The top offensive coordinators returned to their respective positions.

I personally think an offensive guy is the way to go…. Buuuuut MacDonald clearly seems to be the most promising guy left. I’ve heard him being compared to MacVay of the defense.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
He was my 2nd choice, after Johnson. I simply wanted a guy from the offensive side of the ball. No big deal though. Once Johnson dropped out of the running, I wanted Macdonald. I thought for sure that he was going to the Commanders. I am super happy that he came west instead. What I find very interesting is the number of anti-Harbaugh posters here that like Macdonald. He's not a Harbaugh, but he's the next closest thing.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
He was my 2nd choice, after Johnson. I simply wanted a guy from the offensive side of the ball. No big deal though. Once Johnson dropped out of the running, I wanted Macdonald. I thought for sure that he was going to the Commanders. I am super happy that he came west instead. What I find very interesting is the number of anti-Harbaugh posters here that like Macdonald. He's not a Harbaugh, but he's the next closest thing.
I like John Harbaugh a lot. Jim I don't like for completely dumb reasons, like him being the 9ers coach and some shady crap he apparently pulled on Sherman and Baldwin, although he did later say they both turned out to be great players.

John I've always respected.