Seahawks Hiring Ravens DC Mike Macdonald As New HC

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Cool, we hired a coach. Not much to discuss about it. Guess we'll find out if he's good in the next couple years.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Were there a bunch of people who didn’t want Macdonald?

ccla

Reaction score
I like the hire. I understand that people wanted an offensive minded coach among other thing because they rightly fear that a successful OC will be snagged away to be a HC. But, as someone said, i’d rather have a feared defense than a feared offense.
And hopefully if we hire a good OC, even if he leaves after a couple of years, he will be able to grow his direct reports so that the transition is smooth.
Gawd i look forward to teams dreading playing agaist us because of tha pain!! The Ravens showed this year that you can still play physical defense!!

James in PA

Reaction score
I like the hire. I understand that people wanted an offensive minded coach among other thing because they rightly fear that a successful OC will be snagged away to be a HC. But, as someone said, i’d rather have a feared defense than a feared offense.
And hopefully if we hire a good OC, even if he leaves after a couple of years, he will be able to grow his direct reports so that the transition is smooth.
Gawd i look forward to teams dreading playing agaist us because of tha pain!! The Ravens showed this year that you can still play physical defense!!
This. Plus, after Ben Johnson, this pool of offensive minded coaches was weak. It was a much better pool of defensive coaches and we got the best guy! Hopefully the pendulum starts swinging the other way. The league seems to be getting over saturated with these offensive guys.