Seahawks Hiring Ravens DC Mike Macdonald As New HC

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
We got Macdonald, looks like the commies gonna have to settle for Dairy Quinn.

View attachment 64217
So glad Seattle's patience paid off. After BJ pulled out, Macdonald was the only exciting name in this cycle. And WE got him! We don't have to settle for sloppy seconds. The skeptic in me was preparing to get the short straw. Sometimes it gladdens me to be wrong.

NoGain

Reaction score
Seems like a great get. I like this quote...

"I think [Macdonald is] the best candidate out there right now," Ravens Pro Bowl linebacker Patrick Queen said this past season. "I don't think anybody does it like him. Nobody cares like him. Nobody will do what he does. He will not rest until he has everything right. Whoever gets him, if he leaves, they're getting the best candidate out there. The guy is all-around just the best person I've ever been around, coach-wise [and] person-wise. He really cares and truly cares about the players, the people around the organization and the fans."

HawkFreak

Reaction score
Love the positive vibes about this beyond just the organization and fans.

@MikeGaragolo Tweet
"So many people here at the Senior Bowl have positive things to say about Mike Macdonald. Around the league, this will be viewed as a home run hire by the Seahawks."

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Seems like a great get. I like this quote...

"I think [Macdonald is] the best candidate out there right now," Ravens Pro Bowl linebacker Patrick Queen said this past season. "I don't think anybody does it like him. Nobody cares like him. Nobody will do what he does. He will not rest until he has everything right. Whoever gets him, if he leaves, they're getting the best candidate out there. The guy is all-around just the best person I've ever been around, coach-wise [and] person-wise. He really cares and truly cares about the players, the people around the organization and the fans."
Well that's just bunch of awesome sauce.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have a mini resume on him? Just curious.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Welcome to the Seahawks, Coach!

I honestly was really pulling for Ben Johnson as I feel our offense needs to innovate and catch up with the landscape of league today but I'm very excited about Mike Mcdonald too. Especially as he lead a defense that was 8-0 last season against Shanahan/McVay and their pupils. So that gives me a lot of hope and confidence.

I was also very impressed by these videos I watched last night of him.

I hope he finds a bright offensive mind to come with him to bring out the talent we clearly have.

Let's go!

Problem with the Hawks isn’t the offense it’s the defense that finished at the bottom of the NFL. The offense can remain about the same and if the defense can improve to 10-20 in the league it’s a playoff team that can do some damage

Death

Reaction score
Can admit don't know that much about him but this seems to be getting an A+ from basically all the NFL insiders I trust so I am ok with it. Welcome Coach!

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'm hoping Macdonald brings Queen with him. Doesn't sound as though it would take a lot of convincing.