Seahawks have momentum, Rams morale low

Mizak

Reaction score
It should be a win for Seahawks on Thursday. Here’s a few reasons why:

What is Stafford’s W/L record against the Seahawks? Something along the line of 1-3, 1-4? Advantage, Seahawks.

What is McVay and Staffords record against the Seahawks? 0-0. It’s basically a do over/reboot for the Rams. Advantage, Seahawks.

Rams horrible defense against Colts, Buccaneers, and now Cardinals. That #1 defense of last year is no more because a majority of that personnel is no longer on the Rams. It’s basically Aaron Donald, Ramsey, and a bunch of nobodies. Advantage Seahawks. Russell should feast on them.

Reaction score
Rams always play us tuff. They know our offense because of Shane so will see. Hopefully we can put together 4 quarters of decent football. Think the game will be close our secondary look a little better today.

Boycie

Reaction score
thegreeninyoureye":3a4dbpdf said:
Rams always play us tuff. They know our offense because of Shane so will see. Hopefully we can put together 4 quarters of decent football. Think the game will be close our secondary look a little better today.

We now have more inside knowledge because of Waldron though. I was flipping back and forth between our game and the Rams game, and Kyler's mobility seemed to be a difference maker. I hope Russ can swallow his pride in wanting to be a true passing QB, and do what made him successful and keep the ball when needed to keep the Ram's D honest.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
A win over the Rams is needed doable and would go a long way to restoring Seattle's status a a contender. Even if we lose Seattle has winnable games coming up this can still be a playoff team if they can gel.

James in PA

Reaction score
A win against our kryptonite would be huge. Too bad they always seem to play us like we play the Niners. Meanwhile, the team that was ignored the most in the NFC West in the preseason is leading the division. This division is nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keasley45

Reaction score
We're going to have to be a bit more multiple on offense and continue to play better in our zone handoffs and over under game on defense to pull one out.

I was encouraged by some of what we showed on defense against the 9ers but we continue to be a long drop, PA passing attack with little to no aggressive short to mid game ( distinguishing between dumpoffs / outlets and attacking a defense with quicker short to mid passes). I'm hopefully we have enough of that game to switch to to vary our attack some.

Defensively... bring in Geno NOW. The back end looked significantly better this week but our pass rush needs to be better. If we can get better push ( would help if we'd get the benefit of a holding call at least maybe 50% of the time) we can keep Stafford of f of his spot. My fear is that we get gashed by the Rams screen game though.

Agree though that we are on an upswing and the Rams have hit a bump.

LTH

Reaction score
Mizak":3qrjxwo3 said:

What is Stafford’s W/L record against the Seahawks? Something along the line of 1-3, 1-4? Advantage, Seahawks.

What is McVay and Staffords record against the Seahawks? 0-0. It’s basically a do over/reboot for the Rams. Advantage, Seahawks.

Rams horrible defense against Colts, Buccaneers, and now Cardinals. That #1 defense of last year is no more because a majority of that personnel is no longer on the Rams. It’s basically Aaron Donald, Ramsey, and a bunch of nobodies. Advantage Seahawks. Russell should feast on them.

1... The Rams don't have low morale because they lost 1 game to the Cards. Mcvay is an expert at motivating his team
2... The Seahawks Rams Game is going to be one of the toughest games on the Seahawks schedule and if the Hawks win it will have nothing to do with Mcvays or Staffords previous record playing anybody.

3. the Rams D is not horrible this is a well disciplined D that is not playing its best ball right now...

LTH

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
If we triple team AD we might have a chance.

Hopefully SW can come up with a game plan that doesn’t allow AD to ruin our entire offense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Should be a hell of a battle. Rams play us tough and are clearly just a bad matchup. Like Russ and the Hawks winning 16 of the last 20 over Santa Clara. They have a real shot to do something on Thursday. Last year in the regular season, a lot of people counted them out, they dominated the Rams. Yes, they got embarrassed in the playoffs, but I'm just pointing out the facts here, the Rams are flat out beatable. IF the Hawks play their A game, they take it on Thursday.
Just an opinion......

SlickRick

Reaction score
LTH":3ojrzg9v said:
Mizak":3ojrzg9v said:

1... The Rams don't have low morale because they lost 1 game to the Cards. Mcvay is an expert at motivating his team
2... The Seahawks Rams Game is going to be one of the toughest games on the Seahawks schedule and if the Hawks win it will have nothing to do with Mcvays or Staffords previous record playing anybody.

3. the Rams D is not horrible this is a well disciplined D that is not playing its best ball right now...

LTH

LTH with a Truth Bomb !!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's ok, IF the Hawks lose, you can come gloat. Because that seems to make you feel great. I mean, you can't even enjoy a WIN.

rcaido

Reaction score
ill see it when i believe it...i blame Jeff Fisher, he played the Seahawks like its his Superbowl...Trick plays, going for it 4th and long and all that other crap....Im pretty sure he's at home w/ a Pete Carol Voodoo doll, stabbing Pete in the heart w/ pincushion...Metal clamps squeezing his head giving a confuse look and booger bubble gum to give a foul taste in Pete's mouth.

Usa today 112178590

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I appreciate the optimism, but the Rams with McVay have dominated us.

McVay's out there playing chess while Pete's still playing checkers, and it shows game after game when we play them. They absolutely dominate the lines of scrimmage, on both sides of the ball.

I do think the early Thursday game helps us, as we're at home and coming off a win, not a loss. But that's about it.

Russell has to have another bigtime game, and the defensive backfield can't have any major issues, or else this will get away from us early.

Start the game with five straight 3 and outs again? Gonna be ugly.

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams Morale is not low, they just got woke up as in any given Sunday, now they will be pissed and looking for redemption, pissed off Donald is not what I would want against our interior line.

I would not even say we are confident, more relieved we didn't drop one after our start and if there is confidence it was that we are not out of something till the game is over.

The offense got going but sputtered lot in the first half, running game not dominant, lots still to get right.

Defense gave up yards and had a few miscues, but improved with good third down defense, again a lot to improve on and based on comments post game the team knows it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
AGAIN, heard this doubt last year as well. Went on to hold them to 9 points. Still gotta' lace em up.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Rams beat us on the regular because we can't block them. There's no coaching magic or curse. We haven't been able to block them on offense for a long time. Certainly since Donald. Other teams just handle Donald and that front better. We're always soft up the middle and it's often a disaster..