Seahawks Files: RB Derrick Fenner

keasley45

Reaction score
Something a little bit different. Running back Deerick Fenner's story is one of what might have been. The man was supremely talented and played with us at the tail end of the Knox era. He was one of the most talented RB in the NCAA, but ran into legal trouble before coming into the league.

He was a powerful runner. 6'4- 235, fast and elusive. He was our Derrick Henry in the 80s, if not as prolific, he had the potential to be. Hard nosed and shifty for his size. He was a player who, maybe because of his struggles prior to coming into the league, never reached his full potential. Would have been fascinating to see what he might have been with solid mentorship in his life during his youth.

After his 3 years with us, he spent a handful of seasons with the Bengals and Raiders.

Probably one of the forgotten Seahawks who was solid for us while he was here. He played more of a complimentary roll for us, as Knox relied on John L in the FB spot to often carry a good bit of the rushing duties due to the fact that he was fast enough , had great hands, and was a demon in pass pro. - it was just hard to get Williams off the field.

Fenner was the bridge between Warner and Warren (I think Chris was on special teams in the game against the Chargers that I linked below).

Looking at his stats, I was shocked to see he never rushed for 1000 yards in a season or started a full season.

Enjoy:

Last edited:
OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score

Go to the 21 minute mark to see who John L Williams was for the Seahawks. He had a great game that night.

Last edited:
OP
OP
keasley45

keasley45

Reaction score
If nothing else the videos are great for Berman's halftime rundown of the week's highlights...