Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

lukerguy

Reaction score
Earl is an emotional dude. Pete has said this many times.

When he broke his leg and tweeted about retirement, Pete laughed (literally) and said that's just Earl being Earl.

Earl has done absolutely nothing to negatively effect this team. He is a cornerstone of the franchise. Anything outside of a mid to mid-early 1st would be absolutely a lost deal for the franchise. I don't want them to trade him, but if they do, it's not going to be for a mid 2nd or later.

hawksmode

Reaction score
2_0_6":3vlimn0e said:
Elemas":3vlimn0e said:
Always get a kick out of "let's trade this guy, who is incredible, so we don't have to pay them and gamble on an unproven pick" talk.
Logic....forsaken.

Always love the "hey lets keep the guy regardless of the cost" mantra even though he will likely walk next year with only a comp pick compensation.

Genius!

Me too :irishdrinkers:

lukerguy

Reaction score
Someone look up the stat of how many passes have been completed deep middle in the last 7 years..
#area29

425HawkSpark

Reaction score
lukerguy":34jttwq8 said:
Someone look up the stat of how many passes have been completed deep middle in the last 7 years..
#area29
If he holds out next year. That number means nothing

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lukerguy":dwvza78u said:
#area29

Quite a few, cause Earl's missed seven games in the past two years.

This is not about talent, it's about being in the middle of a rebuild, desperately needing picks and not wanting to give Earl the monster 4-5 year Eric Berry-esque extension he wants.

So if you're one of the people that want to give Earl the huge extension he wants, then please tell us how we're going to fix just about every other position group on the team other than QB with barely any picks the next two years, and very little cap space.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I think if we trade Earl, we need 2 picks in return with a 2nd rounder being one of them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
jlwaters1":cbxh4dp3 said:
I think if we trade Earl, we need 2 picks in return with a 2nd rounder being one of them.

Rumor is we want a 1st, or a 2nd and 3rd.

Either would be acceptable to me, and now that the Cowboys cut Dez, they should have enough cap to sign and extend Earl.

I don't want to lose Earl, he's one of my all time favorite Hawks. But if we're at an impasse with an extension, then I'd rather trade him, get picks and not have to deal with a holdout and this contract fight dragging into next year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
+1, my favorite player on the team, and one of my all time favorites. But......if they can't get something done, they need to get something for him. Would love to see them get a 1 back, but it doesn't seem likely at this point. A 2 and a 3, they would need to seriously consider jumping on that. I wonder if they would take a 2 and a 4. Maybe not what they want, but it could be the best offer they see and/or the only one close to that.

Tical21

Reaction score
Vin, I love ya, but you're a long ways off on this one. We had the #1 defense in the NFL for how long? How much did we lean on our FS to be able to accomplish this? What happened when he wasn't available? I'll agree that he doesn't have the interception gene the way others like Reed had it, but it hardly diminishes his impact. BTW, Reed is on the short list of all-time greats at the position. As great as Earl is, I wouldn't put him in that class.

toffee

Reaction score
Hendo66":n63yyuxc said:
I'm still hoping the Browns get involved in the ET happenings.
I have been praying to the football God for the Browns to step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hendo66":21p9x529 said:
I'm still hoping the Browns get involved in the ET happenings.

No way Earl goes along with this one.

I'm sure it's not JUST Dallas that he'd agree to a long term extension, but guarantee you Cleveland isn't on his short list.

And I know we don't need Earl's permission to trade him with one year left on his deal. But if you want to maximize the picks we're getting back, it has to be a team he's going to come to an agreement with on a new extension.

No extension? We'd be lucky to get a 4th or 5th rounder if it's a team he's just going to leave after next year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If the $ is right, players will go most places. Funny how they quickly get over that when those dollar signs roll in.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":11p1oemb said:
If the $ is right, players will go most places. Funny how they quickly get over that when those dollar signs roll in.

Of course, but the only reason people keep bringing up Cleveland is because they have high first rounders. There's literally been no buzz about Cleveland...........and IMO they'd have to offer Earl crazy stupid money for him to sign there. He knows that means losing with zero chance of another ring, instead of going to his beloved Cowboys and possibly playing for that ring.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":33jrlpyn said:
SoulfishHawk":33jrlpyn said:

Of course, but the only reason people keep bringing up Cleveland is because they have high first rounders. There's literally been no buzz about Cleveland...........and IMO they'd have to offer Earl crazy stupid money for him to sign there. He knows that means losing with zero chance of another ring, instead of going to his beloved Cowboys and possibly playing for that ring.

Only ring Earl will be playing for in Dallas is possibly asking his buddy Jason to marry him.

26 8084149

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Trade him now. The team has already been burned with the previous 3 big money third contracts they gave to Lynch, Kam, and Bennett. It’s bad business. Get something for him while you can and rebuild the D.