Seahawks are Super petty

BigMeach

Reaction score
This is such a bad take. It's rare to retire a number completely from a roster. Besides RW took that #3 with him to Denver.

Donn2390

Reaction score
This is such a bad take. It's rare to retire a number completely from a roster. Besides RW took that #3 with him to Denver.
Denver folks need to keep quiet about the Hawks handing out the midget's #3, it will make them look like hypocrites when they hand it out in a few weeks..! Soon no one on anyteam at any lever will want to wear it, it could destroy their careers.

toffee

Reaction score
Ain't petty, you are mistaken being petty with being mad!

if someone has been nice to you, put 100s million in your pocket, just so you turned around and wanted that someone fired. It ain't petty, it's mad like hell, wanna BURN ya alive kinda mad.

Torc

Reaction score
Petty is expecting to reserve a number for a player that is wearing it for another team. If Russ complained about it, I would consider that petty.

HHawk121

Reaction score
80 wasn't retired until 3 years after Largent hung up his cleats and he was a SHOE IN for HOF. He's the absolute gold standard. Russ needs a lot of really good years going forward to reach that height.

Boohman14

Reaction score
Also, who's worn # 10, 17 and 8 after these team first QBs moved on? Why should we care about Rick Meier's number and who's used it since?

Rainger

Reaction score
Obviously the best and winningest quarterback in Seahawks history. Guided us to only Super Bowl victory. Clearly headed to Ring of Honor! Definitely deserves to have #3 retired. Carroll needs to check the ego and respect the accomplishments!
I see John63 is back with a new name. One that people cant get down on. Very smart John/Deanac. TROLL! Go follow ME3 over in the Denver forums please.

PS: I would be shitty if the organization ever

1. put him in the ring of Honor (he had no honor in the way he shit on the team and his coaches) and
2. there is NO way the number 3 should be retired. He is not an all time great like the 12th man, Walter Jones etc.

For you to put him in the class of Largent and the true greats of the Seahawks is what is petty.

Last edited:

keasley45

Reaction score
Ain't petty, you are mistaken being petty with being mad!

if someone has been nice to you, put 100s million in your pocket, just so you turned around and wanted that someone fired. It ain't petty, it's mad like hell, wanna BURN ya alive kinda mad.

Ask ANY employer how high their praise would be for a 'star' employee who made a mess of leaving the company, played up jis own value while diminishing his teammate's and tried to get management fired, for no good tangible reason other than his proclamation that they were 'holding him back'.

THAT dude is supposed to have his number elevated?

Its not like he achieved a ton without the contributions of an ALL TIME GREAT defense and ALL TIME GREAT RB.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Ask ANY employer how high their praise would be for a 'star' employee who made a mess of leaving the company, played up jis own value while diminishing his teammate's and tried to get management fired, for no good tangible reason other than his proclamation that they were 'holding him back'.

THAT dude is supposed to have his number elevated?

Its not like he achieved a ton without the contributions of an ALL TIME GREAT defense and ALL TIME GREAT RB.
AND wasn't it #3 who threw the game losing pass to a ROOKIE DB in our 2nd Super Bowl Visit....3 SHOULD HAVE gotten the ball in #24's hands to ice that game, PERIOD!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
I seemed to miss alot while on vacation I just figured they traded him because they weren't accomplishing anything with him and all he was about was money and himself like Aaron Rodgers.
Petty isn't the term that comes to mind given the situation.

strohmin

Reaction score
Obviously the best and winningest quarterback in Seahawks history. Guided us to only Super Bowl victory. Clearly headed to Ring of Honor! Definitely deserves to have #3 retired. Carroll needs to check the ego and respect the accomplishments!

The super stacked defense, Marshawn Lynch and a set of good receivers. He did what he needed to but he was a small percentage of why we won. The hawks respected him enough to pay him alot of money and trade him when he wanted to be. Any more respect, would be disrespecting other great players from that superbowl team.

Last edited:

GemCity

Reaction score
I see John63 is back with a new name. One that people cant get down on. Very smart John/Deanac. TROLL! Go follow ME3 over in the Denver forums please.

PS: I would be shitty if the organization ever

1. put him in the ring of Honor (he had no honor in the way he shit on the team and his coaches) and
2. there is NO way the number 3 should be retired. He is not an all time great like the 12th man, Walter Jones etc.

For you to put him in the class of Largent and the true greats of the Seahawks is what is petty.
💯

GemCity

Reaction score
AND wasn't it #3 who threw the game losing pass to a ROOKIE DB in our 2nd Super Bowl Visit....3 SHOULD HAVE gotten the ball in #24's hands to ice that game, PERIOD!
Here here!

I wonder how much of that decision was Russ pressuring that call so he could look like a hero.

Imo, that play IS the biggest blunder in sports history.

I’ve heard the arguments, the statistics behind that play (% intercepted or incomplete pass, success rate, etc…).

Folks can claim everything is easier in hindsight and that NE was expecting a run play. But….BUT BUT BUT…you run the gotdamn ball when you have a guy that just so happens to have the nickname “BeastMode”. All day, every day…every…single….gotdamn…time.

Just realized that till this day, I’m still super pissed about that play.

My bad….but yah…good riddance Russ and ROH may be fine (time heals everything…almost) but that number needs to stay active until we get someone wearing it that deserves those accolades.

54 on the other hand….do it.